Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

5 enemies in the same lane

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » 5 enemies in the same lane 36 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » June 22, 2013 10:55pm | Report
Healing is not necessarily required. I mean, Lich and Crystal Maiden are lane supports, and they don't have heals (except for CM aura, but you don't really need to stay in the same lane do you?)

What is important for a lane support hero is that he/she has the following traits:
-Can harass
-Is item independent
-Has good skills in general early on
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yasutsuna » June 22, 2013 10:57pm | Report
Maybe I phased it wrongly. lane-supports should have something that can be given to carries to assist them. Like Lich has Frost Armor and CM have Arcane Aura. Many opinions vary, though.

Yasutsuna
<Veteran>

Memorable (51)
Steam: Yasutsuna
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » June 22, 2013 11:11pm | Report
I would agree with that.

I do believe being ranged is pretty much a must, though. The idea of a lane support in general is keeping your carry alive all while letting him farm. Unless it's a trilane, where a melee support is valid.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Arrowtic » June 23, 2013 12:03am | Report
:D
So lane-supports have buffs/heals right ?
Should they harass their enemy heroes ? I'm asking this because if you harass , there is a chance that they'll stick to their tower so your partner won't be able to gank .

Arrowtic

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » June 23, 2013 12:21am | Report
Not necessarily buffs and heals (though those are definitely good) they could also have some offensive tools like spammable spells, like Arcane Bolt or Shadow Poison.

As a typical lane support you WANT the enemy team to go near their tower and stay there. This way, your carry can get some uninterrupted farm. And both of you can get EXP.

Another important thing as a lane support is to pull- if your carry is free farming, then most likely he will inevitably push the lane, even if he's just getting last hits. If the enemy team is staying at their tower and the lane creeps will not go to their side, then that's a HUGE advantage for you and a massive disadvantage for your opponents.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » June 23, 2013 7:47am | Report
Arrowtic wrote:

Should they harass their enemy heroes ? I'm asking this because if you harass , there is a chance that they'll stick to their tower so your partner won't be able to gank .

Never auto attack enemy creeps, only go for last hits if your carry can't get to it in time or you're fighting under your own tower. Deny as much as possible and attack the enemy carry when he comes in for last hits, attack the enemy support when he strays too close or comes in to attack your carry. Try not to move around the side of the creeps as then they'll start to chase you making it harder for your carry and putting you in danger. Nothing more embarrassing than death by creep.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by daPhongster » June 26, 2013 9:45pm | Report
Arrowtic wrote:

If they stick to their tower, they get no exp or gold and you win the lane. Of course, if you don't see them, it probably means they're ganking, not just idling.

daPhongster

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Arrowtic » June 27, 2013 8:49am | Report
Why isn't venomancer a lane-support ? I mean when vengeful is one , he should be one too , shouldn't he ?
He has that DoT , his attacks and a ward . He can perfectly harass enemies !
(Can supports babysit too or should they necessarily be a lane-support ?)

Arrowtic

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » June 27, 2013 8:55am | Report
Every support can babysit.Those that don't have any heal/buff ability can just buy consumables for the carry, that is also a type of babysitting.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Arrowtic » July 6, 2013 10:19pm | Report
How to know if a carry is a hard-carry ?
What's the difference between hard carrys and carrys ?

Arrowtic

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved