Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

WK is arguably Doom's counter ?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » WK is arguably Doom's counter ? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by GunMan113 » May 7, 2016 8:42pm | Report
Yes, I know that some people think WK is Doom's counter, some even think he is Doom's "hardest" counter.

But I dont really think so. Yes, it is true that Doom can't disable WK's reincarnation even when Doom buys an Agh

But does that really make him a counter ? Altough Doom can't disable his ult, WK can't really force Doom to fight him nor kite him to death, plus Doom have scorched earth if he need it to get away from WK. Don't get me wrong. Doom still have a chance to manfight WK, but his ult just too precious to use on WK since there are better DOOM target like Invo or Storm.

Unlike Invoker or Storm or PA or CM or any hero that is basicaly DOOM magnet, WK is rarely doomed cause of his ult, and why Doom would bother use his ult on him ?

Using WK against Doom is like using DS against BB. It is nearly imposible for BB to solo kill DS alone, but that doesn't necessarily make DS a hard counter to BB, it's just that BB is less eager to target DS. And you would want to use heroes like Axe or LC to effectivley fight BB, not DS altough his surge is pretty usefull.

Same with Doom and WK, playing WK doesn't mean Doom will have a hard time, it's just that you wouldn't get doomed that often. There are heroes that is better against doom, generaly an illusion based or armor reducer carry; like terror, naga, PL, slardar,etc ( of course those guys will have to initiate on Doom first, since - I think - is the key to fight Doom )

*For gods sake, stop buying linken against Doom. It makes me cringe whenever a player tries to buy linken against him and I just devour a creep with single target ability or using my item and of course, it is more cringeworthy if there is a hero that can spam cheap single target skill like Zeus or BB

GunMan113

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » May 7, 2016 9:43pm | Report
WK is only a threat if he can jump on Doom and deals enough damage to threaten to kill him, because then you're stuck deciding whether or not you Doom him or die. If the WK is running in and stuff, you just try to avoid Dooming him, but he can also initiate on you, and with allies he can easily chainstun you to death.

But yes, the best way of beating Doom is to initiate well, use your spells (especially stuns, Doom really wants an excuse to not get BKB), so that if he Dooms you it doesn't change the outcome of the fight. This is why CK is so good against him, and a much better candidate for his "best counter". That or Meepo, since he can use his Meepos to deny himself and can slow you massively, so good luck kiting him.

As for Linkens, it depends on the hero. Doom has a 0.3 cast point on creep skills, and a 0.5 one on his ult. With good animation cancelling that's still like a full second. So, if it's a Bristle, that's easy popping, but it's much harder against Morph, AM, Weaver, Sand King, Storm, or Ember who are gonna fly away as soon as you pop that linkens. This is why I put a lot of value on Atos for Doom.

By the way, this is written very oddly. You framed this as a question but wrote it like a blog post.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » May 8, 2016 2:50pm | Report
The main idea here would be that they ignore each other. That's how WK is better. If Doom doesn't Doom Wraith King, then he can blink onto Doom's cores. If Doom Dooms Wraith King, your mid core isn't doomed and can make it rain, and you just reincarnate and still able to damage somewhat while doomed.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » May 8, 2016 4:42pm | Report
I always figured that Chen was the be-all, end-all counter to Doom; carry or mid gets Doom'd, teleport 'em back to base. Chen get's Doom'd? Congrats, you wasted your ult on a support! Celebrate by getting killed by the Purple Satyr Army.

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » May 8, 2016 6:09pm | Report
Believe it or not, people used to pick doom just to doom Chen. Stopping his ult, Mek, among his other powerful skills, seems pretty worth to me.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved