Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why is somebody abandons, you lose mmr if you abandon too?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Why is somebody abandons, you lose mmr if you abandon too? 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by undeadsasuke34 » February 22, 2017 11:29am | Report
I really don't think it's fair. If a noob in my team decides to ragequit in min 10, why i lose mmr if i disconnect? Are we supposed to win 4 v 5? Think of an 7-8k MMR game: Anti-Mage disconnects and abandons because his pc crashed and didn't start again. The team loses, because they have no carry left. Why they lose mmr? Why because of an idiot, or because of an unexpected accident, the others 4 just lose mmr, and the enemy gains free mmr. This hasn't happen to me once, but like 10 times. That's 250 mmr lost for nothing. What's your opinion on that, and should it be changed?

undeadsasuke34

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Masked_Man98 » February 22, 2017 11:50am | Report
Yeah that totally unfair I lost more than 300 mmr in my previous account (Before it get hacked)
I think they should make a system for that problem.
Brave Travelers Tell Stories of A Legendary Warrior Who Freezes The Heart of His Enemies And Burns Their Untouchable Souls
List of my guide Here
The UnTold:Dawn,Blizzard, Dire
Follow me on Instagram For more Updates @soroush_s77

Masked_Man98

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (20)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » February 22, 2017 12:04pm | Report
What is ur solution?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Masked_Man98 » February 22, 2017 12:09pm | Report
If you win the match it's alright but if you lose, you won't lose mmr but the opponents can gain mmr
Brave Travelers Tell Stories of A Legendary Warrior Who Freezes The Heart of His Enemies And Burns Their Untouchable Souls
List of my guide Here

Masked_Man98

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (20)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » February 22, 2017 12:11pm | Report
That's ****ing stupid.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Masked_Man98 » February 22, 2017 12:11pm | Report
but Ice Frog won't do it. why? cause if he wanted to do such a thing he would do it 2-3 years ago
List of my guide Here

Masked_Man98

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (20)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » February 22, 2017 12:13pm | Report
Icefrog won't do this because this is a stupid idea and it ruins the concept of MMR, not because he doesn't care or smth.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Masked_Man98 » February 22, 2017 12:15pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

That's ****ing stupid.

Dude I'm just saying my opinion don't be such an *** **********er
List of my guide Here

Masked_Man98

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (20)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » February 22, 2017 12:18pm | Report
Well I'm also just voicing my opinion =)
And I'm pretty sure if you give your proposition 5 mins of thought you will understand why this is such a stupid *** idea.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Masked_Man98 » February 22, 2017 12:24pm | Report
I know but it's stupid if they don't take any action. these type of "PC crash" are really common and some people just go back to pub because of this. they must think for a solution Extra penalty for the abandoned player might be a good and also a bad idea
whats your opinion?
List of my guide Here

Masked_Man98

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (20)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved