Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Too many bad carries...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Too many bad carries... 34 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 8, 2014 12:51am | Report
bballer23 wrote:

I would like to play with anyone who would be willing to play with a rather new player. As long as they wouldn't mind teaching me some things and helping me improve. As a support, I won't steal farm and I will attempt harassment and denies. I would need some help with warding though XD.

Porgygon taught me all about warding. I need to practice as a carry too so It could work ^.^

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » July 8, 2014 2:08am | Report
This is actually depressing, I mean as a carry all you have to do is hit a creep when the green bar is small, then do it another 500 times or so then go auto attack the enemy heroes until they all die I mean really, its not even that hard.

Whats more depressing is as a support I have developed this strange skill...let me set the scene:

My carry is auto attacking the wave as you do....not and here am I the support, so you would think I would be constantly hitting my own creeps and pulling, NO that is bad, why bother if they are not even getting last hits out of it, I stay there and hit the enemy creeps: this is the sad bit, I can hit the creeps at the right time so my carry gets the last hit, I have mastered the skill of making my carry get last hits if he wanted them or not, it pushes the wave a ton yes but carry gets more last hits anyway, the depressing victories are small, but real

Thanks
Fleet
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 8, 2014 2:11am | Report
FleetAU wrote:

This is actually depressing, I mean as a carry all you have to do is hit a creep when the green bar is small, then do it another 500 times or so then go auto attack the enemy heroes until they all die I mean really, its not even that hard.

Whats more depressing is as a support I have developed this strange skill...let me set the scene:

My carry is auto attacking the wave as you do....not and here am I the support, so you would think I would be constantly hitting my own creeps and pulling, NO that is bad, why bother if they are not even getting last hits out of it, I stay there and hit the enemy creeps: this is the sad bit, I can hit the creeps at the right time so my carry gets the last hit, I have mastered the skill of making my carry get last hits if he wanted them or not, it pushes the wave a ton yes but carry gets more last hits anyway, the depressing victories are small, but real

Thanks
Fleet

I last hit because I know it is what you're supposed to do, but I'll admit, it gets really boring after awhile. But I suppose it doesn't matter whether you last hit or not at my level because both teams are doing it.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » July 8, 2014 6:08am | Report
FleetAU wrote:

Thanks
Fleet

If you're support and your carry is doing some **** on his lane, just abandon it and roam. Roaming is so much fun, allows you to get kills, gold and experience, all you need is just 1 stun or slow and smoke. If all you're doing as support is just stay on carry lane, stack and pull and soak his exp you're doing it as wrong as possible. Pick Earthshaker, get courier, clarity and 1 smoke (3 if you're hardcore) and go gank mid - instantly. Go check top rune, pop smoke, go mid and block enemy hero with fissure. It will probably win you mid lane, as your mid laner will already have gold and level advantage, while enemy mid needs to waste money on TP or waste time walking to lane. Then you go to offlane, as you usually face 2-1-2 lanes, ganking your offlane is easiest **** of your life. Just block their way so that they can't run under tower and watch gold coming to you. After 2 ganks you will have same level as your solo lane carry. gold for boots, wards, flying courier and 2 won lanes.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved