Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Some people don't know the importance of warding...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Some people don't know the importance of warding... 22 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » January 13, 2013 2:06pm | Report
It's daft...it's frustrating but some people just don't wanna ward. Why play for the team when you need stuff for your killstreak?

Tbh sometimes I break the golden rule and ward as a carry...you really shouldnt doing it but hey - sometimes it encourages other people to start doing it too.

My big bugbear is people not warding when they're on the suicide lane - that 150 gold pays for itself in no time, either through xp/gold, or not losing it when they try to gank.

Saying that, you should never give up...you might think it's over, but you never know. Played one earlier where my team picked 2 hard carries, we got spanked all over the place for 25 mins...then we managed to win one team fight and the opposition went passive and tried to outfarm Medusa and Faceless Void...yeah we won in the end :)
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nryn » January 13, 2013 6:01pm | Report
Sando wrote:

Tbh sometimes I break the golden rule and ward as a carry...you really shouldnt doing it but hey - sometimes it encourages other people to start doing it too.

Though there was never a golden rule where carries don't buy wards. It's just not efficient. But sometimes, you have to do stuff yourself and not rely on others or set a good example. Good Job.

nryn

Notable (1)
Steam: rice_in_a_bowl
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 13, 2013 6:58pm | Report
nryn wrote:

Though there was never a golden rule where carries don't buy wards. It's just not efficient. But sometimes, you have to do stuff yourself and not rely on others or set a good example. Good Job.

Exactly, a lot of times the carry needs to ward, be it the team as a whole is low on funds or if you're the only hero that can safely place the wards, in that case they should be buying them and dropping from stash.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » January 18, 2013 8:51am | Report
What is this warding in which you speak of?

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » January 20, 2013 4:54am | Report
Pu12e wrote:

What is this warding in which you speak of?

Some sort of map-hack. Gives you vision of anywhere.

SuperNova

Notable (16)
Steam: BaconBorn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LiLPr0 » January 20, 2013 6:42am | Report
Why buy wards when you can get a 20 minute moving ward with an aghs on night stalker?!

LiLPr0

Notable (9)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » January 20, 2013 9:17am | Report
LiLPr0 wrote:

Why buy wards when you can get a 20 minute moving ward with an aghs on night stalker?!

Because relying on night stalker to forgo his other items to agh rush just because you cant be bothered to buy a few 200 gold wards is pretty ******ed.

SuperNova

Notable (16)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mightycookie » January 20, 2013 11:18am | Report
SuperNova wrote:

Because relying on night stalker to forgo his other items to agh rush just because you cant be bothered to buy a few 200 gold wards is pretty ******ed.

The amount of hatred between you and lilpro is too damn high

mightycookie

Notable (5)
Steam: nohanmeza
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AkiTsubasa » January 20, 2013 9:39pm | Report
ward is the best item in dota 2
i used pudge ward, mirana ward, now im tring to use carry ward as someone mention then lets see will your supporter fatter than you

AkiTsubasa

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » January 21, 2013 6:31am | Report
mightycookie wrote:

The amount of hatred between you and lilpro is too damn high

EVERYONE HATES HIM/IGNORES HIM/HOPES HE WILL GO AWAY.

SuperNova

Notable (16)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved