Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Some people don't know the importance of warding...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Some people don't know the importance of warding... 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PrinceSitri » January 12, 2013 9:21am | Report
I had a game where I played as the tank ( Dragon Knight) while my team was composed of Juggernaut, Silencer, Queen of Pain, Puck. Not a very good line-up, I know. I kinda had a feeling that we will not win the said game the moment our QoP died (my lanemate) because she didn't get her Blink right away, died again level 3 because still no Blink. Bottom get ganked with the enemies' mid hero Bane. Asked them to ward up to no avail. Everytime I try to roam and saw an enemy of 2 or 3 I retreat and tell my allies to back first but 2 of them will mostly go rambo to the enemies and feed. Asked them again to ward up and this is what I get.

So I tried playing safely in hopes they will eventually realized that we are getting ganked a lot and try to put up wards but no wards still and I am low in money. So I just stayed on the based because I lost the littlest of hope. They started calling me coward because I do not fight when I see enemies (I usually see them when I go alone and retreat, because I am alone). Then I saw our Puck has wards on his stash and asked him why is he not warding.

Of course we lost that game, we were walking blind. There are really people who don't understand the importance of wards in game especially against gankers. After that game I got teamed up with the same people again (except QoP) and I chose Keeper of the Light then the Silencer last game who is now Spiritbreaker flamed me again at the start of the game with: "That hero suits you because you will always run away". I replied: "I chose this hero because I will f***king ward!". And true to my words during the entirety of the game the map was filled with my wards (I have the tendency to become a ward *****) and never heard anything bad from him again. Made him realized the importance of warding since we avoided ganks and he set-upped his ganks accordingly. I just hope I will get queued with him again.

Sorry for the long post. I just hate people like that. I actually hurt my forehead because I kinda banged it to the table in disbelief when Puck said he has no slots for the wards. The wards were in his stash until the end of the game.

PrinceSitri

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » January 12, 2013 9:26am | Report
What's happening is that you're in a bracket lower than the one you're normally in. Sometimes I try to teach my noob friends dota and end up in the low bracket for a few days. Either that or you just play on a server with morons.

SuperNova

Notable (16)
Steam: BaconBorn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » January 12, 2013 9:31am | Report
No matter how many wins you have, people won't buy wards.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 12, 2013 9:43am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

No matter how many wins you have, people won't buy wards.

I can vouch for this, no matter what bracket we're in Hades won't ward.

@OP: They were purposely losing afterward because you said a stupid remark to the enemy team, such as "Finish this, I'm done.", this kind of attitude in a game can effect how you're teammates are feeling and hinder the team's gameplay. We have a guide in the general strategy section called How to be a thug in pubs, this mentality can be reversed and you will lose games if you keep acting like this.

If you had manned up and bought the wards yourself and committed then things MAY have gone differently, you can't win one man DoTA.
I understand where you're coming from, but sometimes you have to make some unorthodox plays to win.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by naga » January 12, 2013 7:29pm | Report
Should've asked the Puck to drop the wards and ward yourself

naga

Steam: :)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheFreepie » January 13, 2013 1:39am | Report
If there is a need for wards then I'll usually just buy them myself, relying on your team to spend their precious gold is usually suicide in this game unfortunately. I'm also usually the one to buy both Couriers.

TheFreepie

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » January 13, 2013 3:56am | Report
I think its because wards are too OP. People want a fair game so they wont ward.

SuperNova

Notable (16)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nryn » January 13, 2013 5:40am | Report
Wards aren't that game breaking actually. unless it's sentries.

Map awareness and common sense is more important. I mean

-when 3 heroes are missing, would they be farming or ganking?
if the heroes missing would be gankers(or currently capable of ganking) then they would most likely be ganking someone, unless they're low on hp and didn't bring any regen items.
if some of the missing heroes would be someone that currently can't join fights because he doesn't have enough items and can go neutral creeps, it's most likely be farming neutrals, gank him.
if you're alone on a lane with opposing team's barathrum/gondar/riki not visible on map, then you should go back to safezone now.

though wards would really still help a lot for example you're dire and doing roshan, warding radiant side would give you advantage when exactly would the enemy come and gank you.

nryn

Notable (1)
Steam: rice_in_a_bowl
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » January 13, 2013 5:50am | Report
nryn wrote:

Wards aren't that game breaking actually. unless it's sentries.

Map awareness and common sense is more important. I mean

-when 3 heroes are missing, would they be farming or ganking?
if the heroes missing would be gankers(or currently capable of ganking) then they would most likely be ganking someone, unless they're low on hp and didn't bring any regen items.
if some of the missing heroes would be someone that currently can't join fights because he doesn't have enough items and can go neutral creeps, it's most likely be farming neutrals, gank him.
if you're alone on a lane with opposing team's barathrum/gondar/riki not visible on map, then you should go back to safezone now.

though wards would really still help a lot for example you're dire and doing roshan, warding radiant side would give you advantage when exactly would the enemy come and gank you.

Jeez it was a joke...

SuperNova

Notable (16)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nryn » January 13, 2013 6:19am | Report
SuperNova wrote:

Jeez it was a joke...

I know, lol.

I was referring to people who think not warding would mean an autolose.

nryn

Notable (1)
Steam: rice_in_a_bowl

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved