Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sniper

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Sniper 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » March 21, 2015 1:06pm | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

You mean increase the number of charges he starts with, or that he can end with overall?

Since, these make a big difference; Starting with 3 Charges is arguably the best thing about the skill, because it almost always means you win one of the 100 100 runes, since you just don't try and fight into 3 charges at level 1.

Dropping it to something like 2/3/4/5 charges, whilst keeping the replish time as is seems fine to me. It makes him slightly weaker in level 1 engagements, and weakens his very early laning. Since that's when the hero is strongest in lane imo, since at levels 1-3 he basically harrasses his opponent like mad. Giving him less charges early on makes him a slightly less obnoxious laner. Enough to hopefully turn him from a first phase pick/ban to a second phase one.

Well that and the imminent Fissure nerf should achieve that.

Shrapnel charges (active) may get to 4-5 charges max.
Much like broodmother charge based system, he would have 5/6/7/8 but at max he can only cast 2/3/4/5 simultaneous on Map active charges with a nerf to replenish time.

Although, i do see your point.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 21, 2015 1:11pm | Report
spirit breaker was already picked a bit before sniper, he is just picked a bit more against SB i think, but it wasnt like SB was never seen before.

the reason sniper became popular is because he is actually good in the mid since the shrapnel change. and i dont see any reason to put a slow farming carry in the safelane so MID IT IS!

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » March 21, 2015 1:38pm | Report
I differ from timm's opinion. He is gold dependant rather than level dependant( although levels are nice).

Good mids have better rune control than puny shrapnel. to quote a few:
TA
Puck
Qop
Pudge( heck he will just stay at rune)
razor( a bit doubtful)
Brewmaster with a single point in his W
Earth Spirit
Ember Spirit
Storm Spirit

Shrapnel is good lane harass spell and midlane is quite short, in my opinion, to employ it without fluctuating equilibrium. so what it would be used for? rune control and scouting out.

I have already put my point of view on where he should lane( in a previous post) if he wishes to utilize shrapnel. Still, if you ask me, i would get a midas at mid if sniper was forced to mid.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » March 21, 2015 1:58pm | Report

I differ from timm's opinion. He is gold dependant rather than level dependant( although levels are nice).

A strong mid (Which Sniper is, can use the mid-lane to get gold, even if it's not as much as a safe lane. The mid is not just a place to get solo-exp, it's a place to get a solo lane, because some heroes are better in solo lanes.

It's not uncommon to see farming mid-laners, and more tempo orientated safe lane farms who switch farm priority within a game. It's common with choices like say Sladar or 1 position Centaur Warrunner , where you simply use the safe-lane to get a certain item faster and then let your mid get the majority of the farm. Hell, Shadow Fiend is the perfect example of a mid laner who is essentially a 1 position, not a 2.

He also doesn't have to mind lane equilibrium that much; he can last hit under a tower better than most heroes due to his attack animation (Even if his damage sucks, he has such a good animation). And he applies massive amounts of early laning pressure with Shrapnel leading into some right click harrass that's wasted in other lanes, because he can get solo-kills in lane, or he can shut his opponent down and force them out of lane. As Timm said; why would you want a farm dependant hero who farms really slowly as a safe-laner if he's better in other lanes?

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 21, 2015 2:08pm | Report
yea, it is not as simple as: more XP reliant=mid and more gold reliant=safe
it doesnt work like that.

if you put him safelane he is just the same ****ty hero that we on dotafire always said was the worst hero in the game.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved