Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Rushing MoM on Dragon Knight

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Rushing MoM on Dragon Knight 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Illiander » November 25, 2013 11:14am | Report
You know what else Dragon Knight really needs?

Dagon, Tranquil Boots and Phase Boots. Then he'd be unstoppable!

</sarcasm>

Seriously, Are Pu12e and Kyfoid the same guy? I certainly mistook Kyfoid's return thread for a Pu12e thread until I noticed that it didn't have enough Dagons in it.

And if this is an attempt to be serious Kyfoid, Gankers *love* their stuns, and making up new terms when we have perfectly good ones already is a sign of not understanding the terms we already have.

Illiander

Notable (2)
Steam: Illy
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » November 25, 2013 4:31pm | Report
Tranquil + Phase is more effective now then it was before the big patch, but characters that already use MoM wouldn't use it.

Actually, if I was doing an all stat dragon knight which included breath of fire, and I was laning with a pugna, I would definitely consider getting a dagon because being able to farm out the dagon is more important then anything else.

I've always said that the all stat approach on particular characters increased the mana pool enough that there needs to be an effective way to make sure that all the mana gets spent off meaningfully.

Pugna can get Veil of Dischord in this combo because he's not a farmer...

In fact, he's not even a carry to acquire gold in an alternative fashion.

He is labeled as "Support"

Pugna hits with veil, dragon breaths fire, puga casts nether, pugna decreps, dragon knight dagon's.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » November 25, 2013 4:36pm | Report
I really think that a team like

Dragon knight + Clockwerk + Keeper of The light + Pugna + Ogre Magi

is a completely Op team early on.

And maybe going in to late game too considering how well it keeps magic damage powerful.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » November 25, 2013 5:06pm | Report
Wow... The team Kyfoid mentioned would actually work. It's really strong in pushing and ganking, and can scale fairly well into the late game.

However, it's Kyfoid's item builds that ruin the effectiveness of this team composition.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » November 26, 2013 11:46pm | Report
DK is a pushing, lategame-possible durable carry. He has along range stun for mid-game initiation, and inlane survivability making him viable mid and as hard carry.

-He has to be tanky, he's like Sven, he can dish out surprisingly large amounts of damage and survive despite of it because of how tanky he is.
-Mask of Madness is meant for proc-style heroes, like Void, Slardar or Sven with high damage output. Putting it on DK doesn't really help a lot, and I would rather go Shadow Blade for a mid build, or even other items like Helm of the Dominator, Armlet of Mordiggan or a Maelstrom for farming and attack speed. Then after one core, a tanky item, like BKB, heart or even in some very rare cases a Vanguard (though not recommended usually).

With BKB, he's tanky enough to intiate and usually survive the entire teamfight.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved