Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Rod of Atos usefull or needless ?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Rod of Atos usefull or needless ? 26 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by tracc » May 1, 2013 10:39pm | Report
I wanted to try the rod so hard, so i was happy when i had a sd game where i could choose necrolyte - because i thought this item must be good on him.

I had great farm and got rod very fast. it had no use because i couldnt escape ganks with any form of cc. in my oppinion this item will benefit you greatly if you are on the winning side and have to chase down fleeing heroes, but against an half organized team that doesnt just try to solo you its useless.

tracc

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » May 2, 2013 4:22am | Report
i also think, that this item (unfortunately) has limited uses. I think it would be best for heroes that need the high int and HP gain this item can provide. Furthermore its usefull on heroes that dont have a cc their selfs but need to stay in range of an enemy as long as possible to deal their damage --> namely Outworld Devourer Necrolyte Silencer.

THe problem is, since most int-heroes dont really rely on auto attacks and therefore prefer raw mana(regen) over int and Force Staff or Eul's Scepter of Divinity provide better chasing potential than a 4 sec slow, RoA kinda gets outclassed.

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » May 2, 2013 2:48pm | Report
Elder Titan benefits from it quite a bit. He's pretty item independant, and Rod of Atos gives him that needed HP, the Mana, and the slow really synergizes well with his aura.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » May 2, 2013 2:53pm | Report
A hero that I believe it works wonders for is Skywrath Mage. It increases his Q damage, lets him chase better to get off more spells, and helps with his low hp.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » May 2, 2013 3:01pm | Report
R-Conqueror wrote:

A hero that I believe it works wonders for is Skywrath Mage. It increases his Q damage, lets him chase better to get off more spells, and helps with his low hp.

Indeed he can make use of it, but he's a squishy caster regardless, his real weakness is his lack of armor. I find that having a core Force Staff and avoiding getting targeted in the first place is a good strategy, an Atos works well as a core extension in that case.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » May 2, 2013 11:51pm | Report
xCO2 wrote:

Indeed he can make use of it, but he's a squishy caster regardless, his real weakness is his lack of armor. I find that having a core Force Staff and avoiding getting targeted in the first place is a good strategy, an Atos works well as a core extension in that case.

In the case of Skywrath Mage,I believe that Ring of Basilius increases his EHP drastically.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved