Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Rod of atos on clinkz?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Rod of atos on clinkz? 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nukers united » December 9, 2015 5:15pm | Report
(Am on a phone so plz excuse any typos)Is rod of atos really viable on clinkz as a pre or post orchid because one of clinkz problem is that once u get the jump on ppl they can pretty much walk away since he has no stun or slow and getting atos helps his hp,mana pool,and allows u to keep ppl in place while u mow the down with strafe+flaming arrows

nukers united

Notable (4)
Steam: Touka Kirishima
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 9, 2015 11:39pm | Report
Diffusal Blade is better on agility heroes if you want a slow. Also Eye of Skadi. Atos isn't horrible but there are better options.

Also, stop going orchid every game on the guy. Go soul ring/medallion/desolator with early boots of travel, it's arguably the best build these days. There's no point slowing people if you 2-shot them :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 9, 2015 11:52pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Diffusal Blade is better on agility heroes if you want a slow. Also Eye of Skadi. Atos isn't horrible but there are better options.

Also, stop going orchid every game on the guy. Go soul ring/medallion/desolator with early boots of travel, it's arguably the best build these days. There's no point slowing people if you 2-shot them :)

What's the average timings of those and when you usually get BoTs - before, or after Deso? Also, is it worth to calling your support off if you expect to be laning against a solo offlane? I feel like adding this hero to my pool in a new patch, but I legitimately suck with him.

Edit: also what about Midas on him? This hero farm's speed is so slow-*** it hurts playing him for me at times.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » December 9, 2015 11:56pm | Report
you lose out on a lot of damage for that amount of gold and in the timeframe you get it

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 10, 2015 12:22am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

What's the average timings of those

I'd say ~11-12 min orchid or ~13-14 min SR/medallion/deso. Depends on lane of course. I always go plain boots on him so add a bit if you buy treads.

Dimonychan wrote:

and when you usually get BoTs - before, or after Deso?

Always after. You need to stack all the early damage you can.

Travels are really the best boots on him IMO, because they allow him to pick off anything and to rat towers. Not to mention infinite regen. But damage comes first.

Dimonychan wrote:

Also, is it worth to calling your support off if you expect to be laning against a solo offlane?

Clinkz can win the lane against pretty much any solo. So generally you don't need your supports to lane, only to set up kills. That's a really nice thing about the hero, even if you have useless supports you'll still freefarm the safe lane. Also Undying, Lich, Doom and stuff are essentially food in lane.

The only downside is, there's a few offlaners who can jump you and kill you. Like 17% or Ebola spirit. If you spam Death Pact on cooldown with a Soul Ring you should be fine, but you need 6 for that and even then if you get triple bashed you're dead XD. So you still need a support e.g when soccer spirit hits 6 or when that offlane Night Stalker gets his first night.

Dimonychan wrote:

Edit: also what about Midas on him? This hero farm's speed is so slow-*** it hurts playing him for me at times.

I'm still a bit meh about it. Because it makes him miss his timings, a bit like midas Templar Assassin. Having a lot of farm when the enemy team starts 5-manning with mek is kind of useless, you want to get solo kills before that.

I consider the early Boots of Travel to be the greed build on him, and I think it's always better than midas. But then I can change my mind.

And he doesn't farm that slowly, he oneshots big jungle creeps with his ult and deso speeds up farm by a lot as well.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 10, 2015 12:27am | Report
I see, thanks, Hamster.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » December 10, 2015 1:06am | Report
Nubtrain wrote:

you lose out on a lot of damage for that amount of gold and in the timeframe you get it

Exactly!
Why get atos when you have death pact and you can slow using a diffusal/skadi?.
For about same price as that of atos, you get diffusal that gives some int , good amount of agility, a mana burn passive that kind of synergises with your attack speed, and a zero cooldown purge that can be used for 7 times. Make the purges count and you wont need the atos. Imo, euls better than atos.

Atos has no late game synergy with the hero, so it is a dump after 25 minute mark item for clinkz. Imagine getting clarities on OD in the laning phase(while you don't have essence aura). Clinkz makes his own HP.

If you feel that you want to slow an enemy, why not try speeding yourself up? Get phase boots along with tranquils and Mask of Madness! Glass cannon synergistic focus fire technique is AWWWWNNNN baby!
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nukers united » December 10, 2015 5:36am | Report
Alright thx for the feedback and I don't always go orchid but since the jumble of ebola spirits and dazzles and other hereos orchid is good against I usually end up getting it so I can get solo pickoff easier since they have escape.

nukers united

Notable (4)
Steam: Touka Kirishima
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » December 10, 2015 9:06am | Report
yeah there's nothing wrong with that, just Clinkz excels at other things too and his pickoff potential is already very high since you have insane single target dps. clinkz is pretty much a machinegun assassin, quickly kill then dip so RoA only hinders that.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » December 11, 2015 3:41am | Report
Atos is a bit weird since it doesnt stop strong escape spells, so i the situations where you want to stop that orchid is obviously better, but dont bother with the items too late into the game. 18 minutes at the latest if its still good.
Aside from that deso is often good because its a standard snowball item on him, but leaves you squishy ofcourse.

One game a while ago i did a different build with dominator.
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1817195591

This game it was perfect because they had a lot of burst and AOE damage, and the way the fights happened i could kill them if i managed to survive though their initial spells. Dominator is a bit weird because it doesnt give creeps a flat HP bonus anymore, but with new dominator you dont have to search for a big creep anymore to get the max hp because the hp is always the same.

For people who dont know how it works you dominate a creep which you then ult, so you get more HP and damage.
I havent had muc time to test the build because the next 3 games i played him were all 25 min stomps where i obviously got deso.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved