Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

OGRE MAGI and some other thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » OGRE MAGI and some other thoughts 14 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » September 28, 2015 12:51pm | Report
Ogre was a good core back when he was OP, but now that his burst damage was massively nerfed I don't see much point in playing him mid anymore.

Ogre is not Lina anymore so no point in trying to be.
Right now he's either that ultra-annoying zoning support with absurd survivability and built-in regen who just runs at you and clubs you in the face, or he's played as a boots first roamer.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » September 28, 2015 3:38pm | Report
Why not play him as an offlaner? Start with something like a Stout Shield, Ring of Protection and Tangos then laugh as the enemy supports fail to zone you out.

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ashwinthegrim » September 29, 2015 10:02am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

He's half decent as a core mid with utility items. Dare I say you vould also farm stacks with Ignite? I could see it working. Sure Aghs sooner or later, but guardan greaves, force staff are all good on him and he would be a mid laner that gets both arcanes and mek.

I'm totally fine with playing him as a utility core.. It's just the battle fury SnY build that I have a gripe against..

ashwinthegrim

Notable (7)
Steam: Grim
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Olsenbb » November 24, 2015 11:43pm | Report
Ogre Magi on the enemy team is always the luckiest guy on the planet

Olsenbb

Notable (1)
View My Blog

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved