Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

OGRE MAGI and some other thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » OGRE MAGI and some other thoughts 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » September 25, 2015 6:37pm | Report
Just played as Ogre, and man can you manfight.

But more importantly, BLOODLUSTED TOWERS are SO FAST. AND SO BIG. I would be genuinely scared to push against it. Maybe Jakiro is meant as like a counter now so he can put it back to normal. WHat are your thoughts about Ogre's defensive applications now? Should we see some Ogre/Lich Super towers? (note to self, hero concept who's ultimate can drive a tower)

Other thoughts: I think this patch could be a really great balance, although the coming months may prove me wrong. I'm looking at Death Prophet to make a comeback, her lvl6 push is really great now.

I'll be writing a blog post once i get past all the "wow thats sooo coooolll" moments.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » September 25, 2015 7:10pm | Report
R-Conqueror wrote:

But more importantly, BLOODLUSTED TOWERS are SO FAST. AND SO BIG. I would be genuinely scared to push against it. Maybe Jakiro is meant as like a counter now so he can put it back to normal. WHat are your thoughts about Ogre's defensive applications now? Should we see some Ogre/Lich Super towers? (note to self, hero concept who's ultimate can drive a tower)

Other thoughts: I think this patch could be a really great balance, although the coming months may prove me wrong. I'm looking at Death Prophet to make a comeback, her lvl6 push is really great now.

I'll be writing a blog post once i get past all the "wow thats sooo coooolll" moments.

ogre-lich-treeant maybe?

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » September 25, 2015 9:59pm | Report
masaaki14 wrote:

ogre-lich-treeant maybe?

Listening to SunSfan now are we?
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » September 25, 2015 10:16pm | Report
No, its my own thoughts. DId sunsfan say something similar?

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » September 25, 2015 11:37pm | Report
R-Conqueror wrote:

(note to self, hero concept who's ultimate can drive a tower)

That's patented.
By someone.

I dont know who.

But its someone i know.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » September 26, 2015 12:10am | Report
masaaki14 wrote:

No, its my own thoughts. DId sunsfan say something similar?

He jokingly suggested the exact same thing, uber towers.

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » September 26, 2015 1:40am | Report
Ogre makes towers stronger, lich makes towers tankier, and treeant makes any half hearted attempt to slowly thaw the tower's hp completely pointless. So enemies have to take down a full hp buffed tower down at one go.

Downside is you have to use 3 heroes to accomplish this, and your overall team comp might be weaker as a result.

Edit: i'm gonna spend some time trying to find the video where sunsfan said that

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » September 26, 2015 2:10pm | Report
masaaki14 wrote:

Ogre makes towers stronger, lich makes towers tankier, and treeant makes any half hearted attempt to slowly thaw the tower's hp completely pointless. So enemies have to take down a full hp buffed tower down at one go.

Downside is you have to use 3 heroes to accomplish this, and your overall team comp might be weaker as a result.

Edit: i'm gonna spend some time trying to find the video where sunsfan said that

No need, 2nd patch analysis video on Digital Chaos' channel.

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ashwinthegrim » September 28, 2015 9:26am | Report
This Ogre Magi popularity has been a double edged sword in my case. I've had people in my pubs pick Ogre and start building stupid **** like battlefury into SnY..

The hero is awesome, but his strength is in being a great roaming support, and it backfires hard when people try playing him as a farming core..

ashwinthegrim

Notable (7)
Steam: Grim
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 28, 2015 12:03pm | Report

This Ogre Magi popularity has been a double edged sword in my case. I've had people in my pubs pick Ogre and start building stupid **** like battlefury into SnY..

The hero is awesome, but his strength is in being a great roaming support, and it backfires hard when people try playing him as a farming core..

He's half decent as a core mid with utility items. Dare I say you vould also farm stacks with Ignite? I could see it working. Sure Aghs sooner or later, but guardan greaves, force staff are all good on him and he would be a mid laner that gets both arcanes and mek.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved