Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Alchemist build.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>
Forum
Forum » General Discussion » New Alchemist build. 61 posts - page 2 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » October 27, 2015 5:24am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Synergy is the same as with naga's Q and Radiance, only you get more money because of the passive. So you get Radi, Manta and Octarine, and then you get even more gold and then you lose because you are 3 vs 5 against the enemy 30 mins into the game. Grz with ez -25, go next.

I got your rhetoric. But still I wonder why do people not take the advantage that he has such a low BAT and he farms damn fast, so they can build him fighty instead of ratty farmy.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » October 27, 2015 6:26am | Report
Also, grrevils greed works with illusions!!

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » October 27, 2015 6:48am | Report
Ratting 30 mins in = won games IMO.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » October 27, 2015 6:56am | Report

I got your rhetoric. But still I wonder why do people not take the advantage that he has such a low BAT and he farms damn fast, so they can build him fighty instead of ratty farmy.

The fact is, the Rat Siren build makes more use of his low BAT than a fighting build ever could.

He has a great BAT which gives him strong scaling with Attack Speed Items, but...this does not make him useful in Teamfights. Compare him to other strong Right-Clickers like Phantom Assassin, Wraith King and Slardar.

Both Phantom Assassin and Slardar do far more damage without Items than Alch, and have Skillsets that let them Chase their target down quickly. Alch has no such ability, he just waddles in and hopes no one interrupts his Disable.

Wraith King on the other hand, has no good method of Chasing Heroes down, and no way of jumping onto them to Stun them, he does however, have an Ultimate that is an incredibly useful form of Initiation and Counter-Initiation in Teamfights. He also becomes much better at chasing down a single target with a Blink Dagger due to his low Cooldown Disable/Slow.

Alch's only hope is Ratting...unless Ice Frog gives Alch a useful Stun again...I miss Position 4 Alch T-T

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » October 27, 2015 7:07am | Report
I hope OSFrog removes illusion Greevil's Greed to get rid of this cancer build and gives him an actual W in 6.86.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » October 27, 2015 7:37am | Report
Isn't Battlefury just outclassed by Radiance now as a finished item unless you can really abuse the cleave/aren't that tanky?

Since Radiance is a better fighting item (Similar right click damage, and the AOE damage/miss chance), and it's probably a better farming item than Battefury, admittedly a little debatable. There's no real benefit Battlefury has over that early on, save like the HP and mana sustain, but Alch in particular needs neither.

I do want to see the Greevil's on illusions removed, and the hero get some other buff to make him more than a walking, ratting Ag's dispenser.

I also expect the heroes pick rate to plummit given the rise of the minus armour strats.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » October 27, 2015 8:26am | Report
Off topic : do you guys think there ever will be a perfectly balanced patch?

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » October 27, 2015 9:24am | Report

Off topic : do you guys think there ever will be a perfectly balanced patch?

Perfection is an ideal, it can never be reached.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » October 27, 2015 9:28am | Report
In theory there could be a perfect patch where all heroes and strats are equally viable. You still wouldn't see all of them, because then the players would start to define a meta game themselves.

However in practice it is essentially impossible to hit that point.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » October 27, 2015 12:27pm | Report
Unpredictability.
I guess that's why I love this game so much. Even with one of the most toxic communities.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
View My Blog
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>
Forum

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved