Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

n0tail Meepo support: new meta

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » n0tail Meepo support: new meta 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » April 1, 2014 1:48am | Report
I'll post the link soon when I get back home, but just so you guys know, Fnatic owned a Alliance with a Meepo support!

What do you think of its actual viability? Do you think they won only because the draft was unexpected?

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » April 1, 2014 5:16am | Report
They won because Meepo counters Anti-Mage and because n0tail plays him the best, no comment.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » April 1, 2014 6:42am | Report
I watched the video earlier today, meepo will never be meta cause no 1 plays him except notail in competitive(regularly)

Plus he is extremely situational pick who actually reduces his whole team's exp gain, every separate meepo saps exp.
Example - a certain creep gives 100 exo ( for sake of calculation) with 4 meepos and another guy present the other guy gets only 20 exp while meepo gets 80.
Picture this on all lanes its a nightmare.

Meepo is easily countered by high single target dps(lion lina plus another person just zap 1)

That game is a specific example because earthbind disables blink unlike naga siren's spell.

Well the draft did look horrible, undying, alchemist are substandard picks.

My opinion - Get a pugna instead of alchemist, you get single target damage, counters ogre magi and other casters and a bit of early push as well(or counter push depending on the scenario)
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 1, 2014 8:25am | Report

I watched the video earlier today, meepo will never be meta cause no 1 plays him except notail in competitive(regularly)

Plus he is extremely situational pick who actually reduces his whole team's exp gain, every separate meepo saps exp.
Example - a certain creep gives 100 exo ( for sake of calculation) with 4 meepos and another guy present the other guy gets only 20 exp while meepo gets 80.
Picture this on all lanes its a nightmare.

Meepo is easily countered by high single target dps(lion lina plus another person just zap 1)

That game is a specific example because earthbind disables blink unlike naga siren's spell.

Well the draft did look horrible, undying, alchemist are substandard picks.

My opinion - Get a pugna instead of alchemist, you get single target damage, counters ogre magi and other casters and a bit of early push as well(or counter push depending on the scenario)

Naga siren's Ensnare also disables blink, aswell as invisibility.

It also was captain's draft and not CM, and pugna was out of the pool.
Alchemist is still a great pick in competetive and was probably the best hero left in the pool.

Bans: Ember, OD, storm, disruptor.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » April 1, 2014 9:56am | Report
Lycan makes for a nice mid, better than alchemist.
Hell i would have picked ursa, viper or even bloodseeker.
Also naga's trap doesnt disable blink skills, you just blink with trap still on you.

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 1, 2014 10:32am | Report

Hell i would have picked ursa, viper or even bloodseeker.
Also naga's trap doesnt disable blink skills, you just blink with trap still on you.

You are kinda embarrasing yourself, i didnt even have to look this up but ENSNARE ABILITIES DISABLE ALL POINT TARGETED BLINKS INCLUDING Teleportation.
You can literally click on the description of Ensnare in my previous post.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Teleport#True_Blink
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Ensnare

Alchemist is mostly a better pick then viper, as viper only fits in a specific all in lane domination early carry strategy. And obviously they didnt want to do that.
Ursa is possible but then they had to run an other hero mid.
Lycan is possible as a mid but obviously more of a carry type hero. The problem with either viper or lycan mid is that they wanted more ganking power and controll, since both the other heroes dont provide that while alcemist provides the best non-ultimate stun in the game.

And you cant suggest bloodseeker as he is a trench hero and possibly even the worst in the game right now.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » April 1, 2014 10:59am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

You are kinda embarrasing yourself, i didnt even have to look this up but ENSNARE ABILITIES DISABLE ALL POINT TARGETED BLINKS INCLUDING Teleportation.
You can literally click on the description of Ensnare in my previous post.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Teleport#True_Blink
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Ensnare

Alchemist is mostly a better pick then viper, as viper only fits in a specific all in lane domination early carry strategy. And obviously they didnt want to do that.
Ursa is possible but then they had to run an other hero mid.
Lycan is possible as a mid but obviously more of a carry type hero. The problem with either viper or lycan mid is that they wanted more ganking power and controll, since both the other heroes dont provide that while alcemist provides the best non-ultimate stun in the game.

And you cant suggest bloodseeker as he is a trench hero and possibly even the worst in the game right now.

Hmm kinda remembered blinkin with a trap on, the trap gets kinda pulled, must be something else.

Seeker was just to mess with Dark Seer

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 1, 2014 1:21pm | Report

Hmm kinda remembered blinkin with a trap on, the trap gets kinda pulled, must be something else.

Seeker was just to mess with Dark Seer

It might have been a psuedo blink that has confused you. Becouse you can use riki or phantom assasin blink strikes.
So do spells like waveform and timewalk.
But there are some weirder interactions with pounce for example. You cant use leap to get out of it, but you can use blink or timewalk.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » April 1, 2014 2:30pm | Report

No, he isn't. Remember the 6.79 patch when Alchemist was the most picked/banned Hero? He was mostly played mid, but if the enemy mid was too strong for him (or if another mid was already picked) he would be assigned the support role. Mid Alchemist also has a very powerful zoning tool (which Lycan lacks) and can gank after getting some gold and experience.

But yeah, Viper would've been a good counter to Lifestealer, too. I personally would've picked him instead of AM and then went for a mid game-oriented strategy.

By the way, is that a mid Ogre Magi? I must watch this.
Oh, and no surprise the team with Witch Doctor lost: I remember watching this game (maybe Power Rangers vs something?) in which WD was picked in all three matches and, guess what, WD's team always lost. He also needs a reskin.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Gindi » April 2, 2014 12:17pm | Report
Meta isn't a physical limit so you can probably play anyone support/carry , they just don't do as well as hero's made for those role.

You know what really counters a meepo?
Warlock.
Chains causes your meepo's each take 80% bonus damage, AOE from his ult wrecks face AND upheavel makes it impossible for meepo to cath up to enemies!
"Dreams can come true, IF you lend me your credit card"

Gindi

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved