Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Most underrated hero?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Most underrated hero? 29 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » April 14, 2015 5:00pm | Report
I like Bounty Hunter only if the enemy has a jungler so you can go for easy kills there with a support. Otherwise there's not a lot of farm and you basically don't have any impact aside from casting track for some vision. You don't deal much damage, you provide no auras, you basically just sit there hoping for your team to do good. In some cases you'll be able to pick off one or two supports sometimes, but that's not what you're looking for when playing this hero.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » April 14, 2015 8:05pm | Report
That's funny, before I opened the thread my immediate thought was Beastmaster. So much utility in one hero! He's definitely getting noticed more lately.

I think Dark Seer is really undervalued right now. I've seen a game here and there, but he synergizes so well with popular picks like Queen of Pain and Enigma and really punishes ricers and trolls.

Keeper of the Light is another I would love to see picked more. With Agh's he is really amazing, and I think I saw Puppey playing him recently with good results. With Agh's you can let your carry farm all day and just yank him out of the jungle for a fight whenever you need him.

Idk, those are the ones who come to mind. I haven't read everyone's posts yet.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » April 14, 2015 10:16pm | Report
My vote goes to Elder Titan. Sure, the Spirit has been nerfed insanely, but in the games I play with him, I'm often high impact with all these teamfight winning spells. Since a lot of public games, fights just kind of break out, his counter initiation skills are pretty much unmatched among heroes of this game.

But he's easy for players to overlook because natural order is his biggest contribution, but he is never the one doing all the damage. In fact, he's so easy to overlook that I forgot to emphasize him in my DK guide as an ally until recently.

Oh, and the current popularity of Agility carries get demolished by the sheer overpoweredness of Natural Order.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » April 15, 2015 7:31pm | Report
Cuttleboss wrote:

My vote goes to Elder Titan.

Agreed. He's a great initiator and can really cause havoc in a teamfight. In a game I was watching today KotLguy was casting and actually said he's just a bad hero, and I was like wuuuuut.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 15, 2015 8:42pm | Report
at was THE **** for some time when n0tail picked him as a support with euls. after that he was a firstpick but after a bug fix with his spirit or something he just disappeared.
hes not great against the popular high speed playstyle but he should be picked more.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » April 15, 2015 9:58pm | Report
Fumbles16x wrote:

Agreed. He's a great initiator and can really cause havoc in a teamfight. In a game I was watching today KotLguy was casting and actually said he's just a bad hero, and I was like wuuuuut.

I generally don't take KotLguy's comments on certain things in the game as being that accurate. He's not especially knowledgeable for a competitive caster, like more BTS casters than I'd like. Given I think he was the caster who thought Manta illusions got Divine Raipier bonus damage (I know a BTS caster did in a game, and seemed like he genuinely believed it at the time...)

But ET is deffinately not the hero he used to be before he got fixed.

Timminatorr wrote:

at was THE **** for some time when n0tail picked him as a support with euls. after that he was a firstpick but after a bug fix with his spirit or something he just disappeared.
hes not great against the popular high speed playstyle but he should be picked more.

Yeah the bug meant that you could stomp as your spirit was being pulled in, thus making it like 10 times more likely to land sucessfully even without Eul's, and thus making him vastly better than he was thought to be.

I do agree he doesn't get picked enough, given this is a meta of heroes who stack stats upon stats and not much in the way of direct armour items. Oh and the fact he's amazing at depushing, which fits nicely with the fact pushing high ground is harder than it used to be.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » April 16, 2015 8:26am | Report
You can still stomp when the spirit is moving back though. Only it properly shows the animation now which it didnt before (no stomp while moving tho).

Still I think he's a really good ganker with a setup since stomp disable is so long and his rightclicks are decent. The Earth Splitter relies on a good setup or absolutely perfect positioning and timing though which will be difficult to get.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » April 18, 2015 2:55am | Report
BM my thoughts exactly. Good early nuke, massive attack speed boost, free wards, and a massive stun.
Mood of the Day

T_T

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by __Bernie__97 » April 24, 2015 3:09pm | Report
It's got to be leshrac because at no stage of the game has he not got something good about him I mean sure he is squishy early game but he has so much nuke that a good player can 1v1 almost anyone during that stage and later on when his magical damage is no longer anygood he still has a tower pushing spell in edict and a stun in split earth which can be bluffed to scare away people into moving where you want them to be

__Bernie__97

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved