Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Juggernaut attacks?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Juggernaut attacks? 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SoloBrow » December 24, 2014 5:29am | Report
I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but i'm pretty sure I don't. When Juggernaut uses either his Q or R does he still attack during the duration?
Please check out my youtube channel and subscribe if you like it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SoloBrow1

SoloBrow

Steam: SoloBrow
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 24, 2014 5:35am | Report
doesnt attack during Q.

Attacks during R.It is a function of attack-speed.There is a graph explaining that which i am too lazy to post right now.

Edit:nubtrain to the rescue!

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SoloBrow » December 24, 2014 5:45am | Report
Awesome, thanks!
Please check out my youtube channel and subscribe if you like it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SoloBrow1

SoloBrow

Steam: SoloBrow
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » December 24, 2014 5:47am | Report
If the target is magic immune you can attack when you're using Blade Fury, attack a tower when you're spinning if you want to confirm.

Depending on how much attack speed you have, you land an X amount of attacks during Omnislash

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 24, 2014 5:51am | Report
Nubtrain the attacks need to be changed since the maximum attack-speed has been increased with 6.83

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » December 24, 2014 6:01am | Report
The slashes are not real attacks in any sense. They do not depend on Juggernaut's damage, they cannot miss, they do not trigger on-attack events like Counter Helix, they don't take his frontswing, they work even if Juggernaut is disarmed, and so on. They are simply triggered physical damage, no different from Poison Touch. (However, they do play Juggernaut's attack animation and interrupt any current attack, making it appear that Juggernaut is attacking. This combined with the fact that he actually does often attack between slashes causes much confusion.)

The only way to increase the total damage Omnislash deals before reductions is to level it up, buy Aghanim's Scepter, get better luck on the damage (i.e. closer to the max 225 each time than the min 200), or simply ensure you don't run out of targets causing Omnislash to abort prematurely. Of course, you could also increase damage after reductions in any way physical damage is amplified, notably including armor reduction.

However, the most popular way to increase Juggernaut's total damage output during Omnislash is to buy attack speed to allow him to attack normally between slashes (or to buy damage to make these real attacks stronger). Juggernaut has a 1.4 sec BAT and a 0.33 sec frontswing, meaning to have a chance to attack at all during Omnislash (between two slashes, which occur every 0.4 seconds), you need at least 0.33/0.4 - 1 = -17.5% IAS. So even if you have 0 increased attack speed, there is still a chance of getting one attack. The probability of getting a given number of attacks is complicated and depends on both attack speed and luck, and has been presented here in different forms many times. It is even possible to attack twice between two slashes, which would require (1.4+0.33)/0.4 - 1 = 332.5% IAS. Even then, the probability of it actually happening is quite low, but increases with IAS.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » December 24, 2014 6:13am | Report
F.E.A.R.0, you can land 0 - 1 auto-attack inbetween slashes for an X amount if you have enough attack speed. In a way, Juggernaut is still auto-attacking while omnislashing and with enough attack speed he can do an attack that is not interrupted by the omnislash... if that makes sense to you. That's what the graph is for, to illustrate the amount of attack speed needed to get extra auto-attacks in.

Pretty sure that's the answer OP was looking for
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

Nubtrain the attacks need to be changed since the maximum attack-speed has been increased with 6.83

I didn't make the graph =/

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » December 24, 2014 6:22am | Report
Nubtrain wrote:

F.E.A.R.0, you can land 0 - 1 auto-attack inbetween slashes for an X amount if you have enough attack speed. In a way, Juggernaut is still auto-attacking while omnislashing and with enough attack speed he can do an attack that is not interrupted by the omnislash... if that makes sense to you. That's what the graph is for, to illustrate the amount of attack speed needed to get extra auto-attacks in.

That's what I answered. Still the probability of it actually happening is quite low.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » December 24, 2014 6:37am | Report
F.E.A.R.0 wrote:

That's what I answered. Still the probability of it actually happening is quite low.

I re-read the last paragraph more clearly to understand what you're trying to say. Pretty sure the auto-attacks inbetween Omnislashs are NOT by chance, maybe the chance for when the auto-attack happens but it will still be a set amount.

Have you played WoW and used a Damage over Time attack? Omnislash is similar to DoTs, with more haste, you get more damage ticks when you get past a certain cap. So if a DoT spell does 10 ticks of damage at 100 haste, at 110 haste there is 11 ticks instead.

Similar idea here with Omnislash, get past a certain cap and there'll be an extra auto-attack.

Here's a good article that goes in detail how Omnislash works mechanically

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » December 24, 2014 6:52am | Report
It depends on the LCM of BAT and OMNISLASH Attack time,
To dumb it down, if BAT occurs and Omnislash attack are concurring on each omnislash hit then the above graph holds true.
Naturally, it will if you align who you attack with the omnislash, meaning rightclick and press R VOILA!
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved