Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is it just me or has the number of bugs increased rather than decreased?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Is it just me or has the number of bugs increased rather than decreased? 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » September 11, 2015 4:03pm | Report
I'm not sure, ever since valve moved dota 2 to source 2, there has been an explosion of new bugs that have just gotten worse. the dire ancient auto stacking is one such bug, and i have also played games where my hero suddenly disappeared.

Also, on a side note, with the new source 2, i suddenly feel that my enemies suddenly became much stronger, as if they are from another skill level altogether. Did dota 2's ranking system get reset along with the new update?

I really hope for this to be fixed soon,

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » September 11, 2015 4:10pm | Report
Your observations are correct.
Please keep in mind that Reborn is basically a beta.
Kyphoid relied on the dota players to try out reborn and report bugs.
But there was not enough interest. So they were forced to force us to try it out.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » September 11, 2015 5:05pm | Report
well, i don't mind that there are bugs, but my problem is that instead of less bugs, there are more bugs coming out instead. I never had the ancient autostack before when i was playing beta. I never had my hero disappear back in beta. There shouldn't be new bugs coming out, the old bugs should be getting fixed. so why is there suddenly an outburst of new bugs all of a sudden?

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » September 11, 2015 5:38pm | Report
Source 2 is baslicly the entire game remade.

I think they should make another dota 2 test though.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » September 11, 2015 5:39pm | Report
Ok so i have occasional hero freezing(like it happens when you8 suffer from packet loss) with my connection being fine, double item purchases(but that's been revealed already to be present for everyone) and graphics settings self-change. Anyone has similar problems or it's just me?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 11, 2015 5:47pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Ok so i have occasional hero freezing(like it happens when you8 suffer from packet loss) with my connection being fine, double item purchases(but that's been revealed already to be present for everyone) and graphics settings self-change. Anyone has similar problems or it's just me?

All except the freezing.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ginsing » September 11, 2015 6:04pm | Report
My client freezes when I use the press to talk feature in reborn.

I turned on open mic (after setting threshold correctly!) and that fixed the issue. I would rather have press to talk functioning correctly though.
Ginsing
DotaBuff

Ginsing

Steam: Ginsing
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » September 11, 2015 6:25pm | Report
Is it possible that the developers are working on the shadows tweaking the engine to accommodate new mechanics? Possibly for 6.85?

OR ARE THEY MAKING NEW HATS?

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » September 11, 2015 6:47pm | Report
I get the freezing problem. Ruined ranked match for me today.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Divine_Sorrow » September 12, 2015 12:13am | Report
Is it just me or is anyone else getting like input lag?
Where right clicking on an enemy is laggy and can cause you to move forward instead of actually attacking them? And just in general too with moving around...
Also I swear the reborn client's graphics make it harder for my computer to run, I could run source 1 Dota fine on max graphics, but with reborn on max graphics everything seems laggy (this could possibly the reason for clicking lag)
Steam: Anubis
Add me if you like, would really love to play with some people who know how to play the game ^_^

Divine_Sorrow

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved