Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

If Valve merely mimic Blizzard = Everyone Happy

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » If Valve merely mimic Blizzard = Everyone Happy 25 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » March 9, 2013 5:01pm | Report
In Diablo 3, the new concept is that, if you are a magic type of hero, a wizard for example, the weapon that you.... carry..... is converted in to the damage out put of your skills.

I believe that the reasoning for taking this direction with the game may have been on to something, but it seems to have been applied too simply ... just too universal if you will...

What was lost was the concept of being able to take your character in to a particular direction... instead, we now all head in that one boring direction.

It lost that "Divine trinity direction" feel.. that you could observe in diablo 2 with 3 different skill directions...

There was even a trinity fractal sort of application to the design of the game...

With in every skill tree you had, essentially, 3 different skill branches...

With that said, I would like to propose a concept...

"The philosophy of classification"

And I would like to make the claim that it is the "Trinity Fractal" that is the heart and soul of

"Thematic Balance"

What supports this Trinity Fractal of Thematic Balance you might ask?

Just look at this real and true color wheel...

Not unlike any of the FALSE colors wheels that have been rationalized with the number 12 which you sheeps have been brain washed with...

The real spiritual world is 9, not 12, because 9 cannot be divided by two.

Hence, the divine trinity fractal.

Note that there are 9 colors which make up 3 triangles...

there are 3 sets of pair primaries, the red primaries, the blue primaries, and the yellow primaries.

And even with in 3 sets of primaries, there is 1 that is the odd set out as it doesn't have two individual colors, but that is the way the spiritual realm works, and that is one of the prime subconscious reasons that we are attracted to starcraft, the odd race out of the 3 races... zerg.

Anyways, long story short, all this game needs is a way to convert your character in to magic form by merely clicking on his picture...

By doing this, it would take all the bonus physical damage that you get from items, and convert is in to a certain % of magic damage that would add strictly to your magical skills.

Why? Because we know that everyone in dota 2 is ultimately a carry, and the 4 sole items that exist for a reasonable spell approach and must be gotten asap are...

-Wand
-Soul Ring
-Veil of discord
-Refresher orb

But after that... you're done.

What are you gonna do? Get two divine rapiers because you have such great farming potential? But wait, you don't because the carries that were getting hero kills are actually farming faster then you...

Why can't hero kills yield good exp instead of gold so that spell farming can actually be significant?

So the first change that they could try out is hero kills yielding good exp and not gold...

If we come to find that this is not the problem we thought...

Then we find inspiration from what blizzard tried to do with diablo 3, but we do it right...

a percentage conversion of the bonus physical damage gotten from stats/items to magical damage.

Sure, that percentage might have to be really low, but I'm not sure why some mathamatical genius couldn't figure out what that flat percentage would be...

again, all bonus damage on basic attack would be lost, but now at least your items could be working for you and your spells.

And now we can actually have Legit Spell Caster carries.

GG

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » March 9, 2013 5:11pm | Report
Oh yeah, and now the completely under used Hood Of the Defiance actually has a place and purpose and Use.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » March 9, 2013 5:44pm | Report
Do me a solid, stop posting dumb stuff.

Btw Diablo 3 was one of the biggest let downs in game history, right before the Duke Nukem remake.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mightycookie » March 9, 2013 6:08pm | Report
you have a problem right? thats the whole point of heroes that do magic damage
, they rock early, but are not so good late. are you gonna tell me that there is 1 chance that a pa can kill a zeus at lvl 6? zeus destroy her. On the other hand, 40 min into the game, pa will just 3 shot zeus

mightycookie

Notable (5)
Steam: nohanmeza
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » March 9, 2013 7:32pm | Report
xCO2 wrote:

Do me a solid, stop posting dumb stuff.

Btw Diablo 3 was one of the biggest let downs in game history, right before the Duke Nukem remake.

E.T. For the Atari

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 10, 2013 12:12am | Report
Atlas wrote:

E.T. For the Atari

I second this.E.T. was the biggest let-down in history.THEY EVEN BURIED THAT SHAME OF A GAME(if you can even call it a game).

On the other hand,Kyfoid,stop making stupid posts.Diablo 3 is nothing near DOTA 2.Just stop trying to revolutionize DOTA,because you won't.Not at the curent state of your posts.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » March 10, 2013 12:49am | Report
Also, the way carries/nukers work is part of the tactics of the game, and it would be dumb to have all heroes able to carry.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » March 10, 2013 1:02am | Report
Atlas wrote:

E.T. For the Atari

Pft, 12 year production on a game that came out in 2012 and looked like it was released in 1998. Had a terrible script, bad online, and it froze during every boss fight. Literally the only good thing about Duke Nukem Forever was that you got to slap the tits on the walls to make them spray. I'd have to say that it was honest to god the biggest let down in game history, and I wasn't even a Duke Nukem fan in the least.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 10, 2013 3:43am | Report
I was a Duke Nukem fan,and the game was a total letdown.And no,slapping alien tits and seeing girls being raped by tentacles was not good at all.

Ain't a big hentai fan.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » March 10, 2013 3:53am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

I was a Duke Nukem fan,and the game was a total letdown.And no,slapping alien tits and seeing girls being raped by tentacles was not good at all.

Ain't a big hentai fan.

^^Likes men

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved