Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How can i rise MMR as a supp?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » How can i rise MMR as a supp? 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » February 8, 2016 5:02am | Report
I find it actually interesting that using the allchat has actually so much impact on the game. Like never under estimate the power of the word. Also I more convince the enemy to do stupid stuff than flaming them. I won't pick a random person in the enemy team to hate speech against the whole game. I will give you an example. I was playing vengefull spirit and it was just an average game. However the enemy Axe was a bit scary. At a certain moment he blinks in kills drow and dies. It was a decent trade for them and he probably didn't felt bad. However he thaught he could have survived if the void would have used his Chronosphere. So I said to him "Don't be sad axe, atleast you where the bravest". I also said "A real axe always has to go YOLO". He answered with "true". This may seem innocent but it actually changed his mind set and started playing more agressive. A bit later I made like a pretty big fail with my swap and he said "Send that to dotacinema". This created a special bound between Axe and me where he would like to "toy" with me.

A bit later when I did a long range swap with the enemy void and killed him I talked about how incredible long the range was. This made the axe hate the void more because I also said "I like how void gets killed by solo supports" even I didn't do it solo I more did most of the damage.

I don't really trashtalk the **** about the enemy I think it is more guiding them into hating each other and making them attrackted into playing stupid. Because the axe started playing hyper agressive and he would run after me to kill me and just die because you can't just kill a vengefull spirit.

But maybe it is coward but it is often pretty usefull. something more nicer to do in the chat is the followed thing:

With words you can easily charm your team. And it is like super effective when you do it with Crystal Maiden because of her natural cuteness. Like I often ask a core what I have to do so they feel special, even if they say some stupid *** **** like "buy an aghs" (I would act as I'm interested in what he says). And than I would call them something like "daddy" or "master". People often like it to ask them something because almost everyone enjoys giving advice. Even salty pubers.

I think being nice to your team and forgiving helps enjoying a game of dota much more. People in dota flames their allies way to much and if you can avoid that than you are doing a golden business. And if you have to chose about seeing how your allies flame each other or your allies laughing with the mistakes of the opponent than I think that the second option is WAY better.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » February 8, 2016 7:47am | Report
No.

Although the above is a way to win, it is neither sportsmanlike nor will it be respected in the DotAfire community.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » February 8, 2016 9:27am | Report
100% on Sofa's side. This is a game and it should be played for the enjoyment of everyone not just your team or even just yourself. I would never ruinate the game for 5 other persons just to win or bolster my ego. I think that the most enjoyable games are not necessarily the games that I win but the game that I win but the games that are an even game with each them respecting the other.

If you want to take Dota completely serious and/or want to be a pro then man up and learn how to be better then them instead of manipulating them. This behavior may be accepted on reddit but definetely not on dotafire.

No one likes Gríma Wormtongue...

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Capper69 » February 9, 2016 4:51am | Report
Boosting MMR as support is not easy. But I think that the best supps for this is CM & Omniknight. With CM you need Trankvil boots, Soul ring, Glimmer cape/Lotar, Aghanim's Scepter, BKB. It's a standars itembuild for CM, ez to play, if you have good carry and disabler. Omni, you need meka and blink as min. Meka goes in Guardian Greeves, Aghanim, Cuiras/Shiva. Run, heal, run, heal, repail, blink, ult. Only you need to do on him.

Capper69

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nukers united » February 9, 2016 5:19am | Report
You could always be one of those guys like me that random every game if u just care about having fun but then there is the problem of not getting a support because ur team decides to choose 4 other hard carries after u random an andy-mage

nukers united

Notable (4)
Steam: Touka Kirishima
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by tracc » February 15, 2016 1:53am | Report
I am also a suppoert player and I do not understand why it should be hard to rise im MMR as a Supp.

You complain about your teammates being bad (and only picking carrys), but technically that would mean 4 bad players and you play against 5 bad players. I know that there are some games where the enemy team is distinctly better than yours, but then there is also the games where its the other way around.

I climbed a lot of MMR after I finished the all hero challenge (in unranked games) because I learned about the weaknesses of all Heroes but that also took al long time).

My tip would be go to Dotabuff, check the winrates and learn one of the top winrate supports. ATM top winrates: Omni (spectre) necro abba (ursa) (zeus) wk warlock (medusa) cm.

All the top supports are rather greedy ones and can transition into cores (or have gamechanging ults) if the need arises. Play greedy (#4 not #5 even if you are the only supp). Master one of the metas top supps and rise in MMR. Ofc you need to be aware of current counters to your supp and pick accordingly.

I am currently planning on using abbadon a lot, because for me his ability to save allies is a lot of fun.

Last but most: be nice, make a joke at the start of the match, try to stop your allies from arguing and dont argue with them if they flame you because at 2 min the courier is still not upgraded.

tracc

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved