Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hardest Melee Hero to Lane Against as Melee

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Hardest Melee Hero to Lane Against as Melee 10 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Who is best melee melee-hero bully?
Sand King
Axe
Ursa
Legion Commander
Clockwerk
Kunkka
Dark Seer
Bristleback
Tidehunter
None of these
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » December 11, 2015 11:38am | Report
I was talking to a friend about which melee hero just owns the other ones the hardest, since I haven't jungled Sand King at all this patch, because the buffs to Caustic made him really unbelievably good against melees now since he can slow them and blow them up.

But what do you think? Who do you find to be the best melee hero at laning against other melees? I had some heroes come to mind, maybe I missed some, like maybe Timber, Undying, or Brew.

Sand King with his short ranged burrowstrike and his buffed caustic finale he can hurt enemies and slow them whenever they go for last hits. The chain reaction of burrowstrikes and caustic when the enemy goes towards a wave of creeps SK poked is beautiful.

Axe with counter helix can force melee laners back easily simply by right clicking them. He also has 3 base regen, which lets him trade well.

Ursa has fury swipes, which means lots of possible stacks, lasting 15 seconds each, and he has 310 movespeed, so he'll be right on your tail, especially with earthshock if they get close.

Legion Commander has her Moment of Courage and Press the Attack to trade hits with melee heroes extremely well. She also has 320 base movespeed, high base damage, and overwhelming odds lets her farm, harass, and get some hits into the enemy laner.

Clockwerk is a hero people like to lane against solo melees because of battery assault, which translates out to pain if you're close to him. The skill is so powerful early if he catches you in between backing to your next wave.

Kunkka has Tidebringer, which can even give trouble to ranged heroes, but lets him auto-harass with his last hits very easily on melees, and on melee heroes, he can use torrent on them pretty easily as they approach the wave for either harass or a kill.

Dark Seer, that dude who spams ion shell without having to approach the wave. You get hurt as you go for last hits, you get hurt as you back to your next wave and the creep in the front has the shell on. Yet if he does approach the wave, he has like 60 damage and 6 armor.

Bristleback likes to stack quill spray on you as you approach the creep wave, which hurts melee heroes a lot. If he goes Goo, he can easily kill many melee heroes.

Tidehunter has kraken's shell, making it hard to trade blows with him, and is made harder by his anchor smash, which is an active cast counter helix that cuts your autoattack damage to ribbons if it hits.

Which of these heroes do you struggle against in lane most as a melee hero? Or if there's someone worse, who is it?

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 11, 2015 11:43am | Report
Much depends upon the hero.

I think the list lacks Ember and Brew.

Edit: also Kunkka is better against melees not because of cleave(which works on rangers just as well) nor "easy" Torrents(just aggro the creep you want to lh to dodge it, you should be able to do it anyway since often Kunkka's lane with an obs on their highground for obvious reasons). It's solely because of the fact every time you approach a wave level 4 onwards, you get a guaranteed Torrent because of X, an armor-piercing hit with Tidebringer, and some rightclicks while you are disabled and slowed. After 6 you just die the same way if you're not a fat STR hero with full HP.

Edit 2: also Razor and Huskar - they **** up most melees much harder than rangers.

Edit 3: nvm Edit 2, I'm stupid.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 11, 2015 4:28pm | Report
I hate laning against Brew. Like, the miss chance, the regen, the armour ...

But that's because I usually play mid or something.

I imagine it's pretty hard to lane against a Meepo?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » December 11, 2015 4:53pm | Report
Axe and Bristleback are the ones I hate the most. But, you can't forget Broodmother, if she catch you off guard, then you are spider meal. Spectre is maybe the easiest hero to lane against because she is super passive in the lane (most of the times, it really depends on who is playing with her). Also, I hate going against a Terrorblade.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 12, 2015 6:03am | Report
Clockwerk is arguably the hardest because he's the only one who has kill potential on basically every other melee hero from level 2-3 onwards. Save like AM, Tusk, Lifestealer and Ursa. But the later two despise Power Cogs's, so it's not like he ever has a bad time.

Dark Seer might be the hardest to win the lane against, because you'll be CS'ing under tower the whole time.

Meepo is worth mentioning, as is Timbersaw. Meepo especially because going in for CS post level 4 suddenly because incredibly hard.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » December 13, 2015 12:08am | Report
Isn't Broodmother easier to lane against as melee since a stout shield actually better works on you?

The list is not exhaustive, I might do my polls on a different poll site, because the limitations of the forum are annoying.

And I don't lane against Kunkka, Ember, and Meepo often enough it seems.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 13, 2015 1:52am | Report
Well, it's provided they lane optimally and know their hero.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » December 13, 2015 3:59am | Report
Cuttleboss wrote:

Isn't Broodmother easier to lane against as melee since a stout shield actually better works on you?

Laning against broodmother is more about having the right aoe spells. A Wraith King has alot of trouble against brood but legion lanes against brood really fluently.

Ranged heroes whitout aoe like Silencer will have alot of problems against Broodmother but lina, qop or Phoenix do lane pretty well against her.

Having a stoutshield advantage as a melee hero above a ranged is nice but it is more about being able to kill the spiders than tank them.

A poormanshield ofcourse is great against brood but there is also still the slow, the misschange and the ridiculous damage and lifesteal.

So melee heroes have the stoutshield advantage but killing spiderlings is way better than just reducing the damage because brood herself does also a ****load of damage and being able to damage brood and killing the spiderlings is way better than taking reduced damage.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sharbatkhan » December 14, 2015 8:18am | Report
Axe is hardest hero to melee against if your opponent is good, however if you are range hero you can avoid the counter helix.
My favorite games are Minecraft (mods) and Dota 2.

sharbatkhan

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » December 22, 2015 5:06pm | Report
IS this even a question... definitely Omniknight duh. A close second is Dark Seer
Mood of the Day

O_O

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved