Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Guides on Steam

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Guides on Steam 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Webb » November 5, 2015 5:31am | Report
Hi guys, for a while I have been reading and trying these guides on my Dota 2 matches and a lot of them are very good overall. So I was wondering (and I am not sure if this was discussed before because there are like a thousand threads), can we have these guides on Steam to access them in-game? I know it mainly depends on the person creating the guide but it will be great for new players and old ones alike. (Alt-Tabing during a match is cumbersome). What I mean is that if the person that created the guide is not willing to do add it to Steam, maybe can give permission to someone else to do it. Just a thought but I believe it would help.

Webb

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » November 5, 2015 5:49am | Report
You can also open DOTAFire while in-game using the Steam Overlay's browser, just a suggestion!
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » November 5, 2015 5:56am | Report
You could probably ask someone if their guide is in steam / if they are willing to make one there. Chichi ported the build from her Crystal Maiden guide to steam I believe.

As you said, depends on the person. Might be worth asking people if they are willing to port their guide to Steam, if only the build.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Webb » November 5, 2015 7:15am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

You can also open DOTAFire while in-game using the Steam Overlay's browser, just a suggestion!

Thanks for your reply Hade4u.
Yeah I know I can use that but I can barely multitask while playing. If all fails I guess it is the last resort.

Webb

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Webb » November 5, 2015 7:18am | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

You could probably ask someone if their guide is in steam / if they are willing to make one there. Chichi ported the build from her Crystal Maiden guide to steam I believe.

As you said, depends on the person. Might be worth asking people if they are willing to port their guide to Steam, if only the build.

Thanks for your answer Bunkansee.

That is a good option but then I will become the "can you please upload this guide to Steam" guy (lol). I will start the overflow of requests =).

I know there are guides to create guides but is there any of them including the Steam part or a particular one about it?

Webb

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 5, 2015 7:32am | Report
Webb wrote:

Thanks for your answer Bunkansee.

That is a good option but then I will become the "can you please upload this guide to Steam" guy (lol). I will start the overflow of requests =).

I know there are guides to create guides but is there any of them including the Steam part or a particular one about it?

You could perhaps ask the creator of the guide if you can make the guide or part of the guide yourself for a steam guide.
Or just copy the item or skillbuild, no one had a monopoly on a certain build. Its only the guide itself that you cant copy.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » November 5, 2015 10:09am | Report
This is a good idea but yea, it's gonna be complicated for you to be asking everybody, and for them to give themselves to the work of doing it! Tim is right, ask all the authors of guides you like if they can do it, or if you can in their behalf. You have my support and I'm sure the support of also many other people here.

I've tried to do it with my CM guide indeed, but I could only port the build itself, with no big explanations, and I'm not satisfied with the result - although you can certainly use it in conjunction with the guides. Here it is anyways, for you to see how I tried to make reference to Dota Fire itself: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=502699748.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » November 5, 2015 10:56am | Report
Hey. My Lion guide sucks. But if you told me how to do it I would also make a short Steam version.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Webb » November 5, 2015 1:20pm | Report
ChiChi wrote:

This is a good idea but yea, it's gonna be complicated for you to be asking everybody, and for them to give themselves to the work of doing it! Tim is right, ask all the authors of guides you like if they can do it, or if you can in their behalf. You have my support and I'm sure the support of also many other people here.

I've tried to do it with my CM guide indeed, but I could only port the build itself, with no big explanations, and I'm not satisfied with the result - although you can certainly use it in conjunction with the guides. Here it is anyways, for you to see how I tried to make reference to Dota Fire itself: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=502699748.

Thanks for the support! (no pun intended)

I already asked you on the Bambi guide (hehe) but looking at your CM steam one, it is actually what I need/want, to have the items and skill build handy, mainly when you are new on the hero and want to try stuff.

If that is ok with you (and the other guide authors upon asking) I can upload the skill build to steam with the items or at least try to do it since the process is kind of weird. Anyways thanks!

Webb

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » November 5, 2015 7:01pm | Report
I dont see whats so hard about alt-tab like, theres the build, build the build.
Mood of the Day

T_T

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved