Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dota Psychology: Irrational Fear of Pushing

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Dota Psychology: Irrational Fear of Pushing 17 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 28, 2016 7:13am | Report

Thankfully now a days, my team pushes after a teamfight. There was a time when that did not happen. As you guys said, people would just afk farm after a fight. I used to do it too because I did not know any better (in my defense I was in the trench).

CLQ

They are his punch lines, after all.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » January 28, 2016 12:52pm | Report
I'm not having the fear of pushing problem usually. Most of the time, my team is willing to take objectives after the fights are over, since like... what else is there to do? Hit those creeps now or take tower so you'll have more access to creeps to hit later?

However, the one hero I'm having this problem with is Ember Spirit. For some reason, allied Ember Spirits are not remotely interested in pushing after we get a pickoff or win a teamfight. It has lost me many games recently, since he decides he wants to spend the whole game turtling and choking his team out of farm for a hero that can't even reliably solo carry anyway.

And ChiLongQua... aha... oh man. I miss old AVGN.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 28, 2016 1:43pm | Report
Quoted:
I miss old AVGN.

Well... he's married, has a baby. I just realised his movie was actually the ET review everyone wanted. Heh. His best episode all time might be the Ninja Gaiden one or the Castlevania/Dr.Jekyll ones.

But back to the topic, just ping them. Tell them, yo guys, we teamwiped, I think it is time to take a tower. Try to take the initiative in your team.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » January 28, 2016 8:51pm | Report
Basically all my matches:

*Kills 3-4 heroes*
Me: > Group Up
Me: > Push Now
Team: "But the Ancient Apparition is still alive and defending"
Me: "It's 5v1 taking a T1"
CK: "Wait wait I need my BFury before we can take T1, im going to jungle"
Me: "But you have ult"
CK: > Split up and farm
*Everyone agrees because they love last hits and all run to jungle, then fight over camps, and let the creeps whack our towers*
Me: :facepalm: :throwgame:
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by bkypes » February 9, 2016 11:52am | Report
Won a game last night as Spec in 25 minutes because I actually went into every team fight and because we had an awesome mid game team with solid push and a quick diffusal for myself. You don't need to afk farm for 45 minutes when you're getting a ton of gold and xp from winning fights and taking objectives. The following game I lost because my Jugg decided he'd get BoT and split push while we lost every single team fight after the 35 minute mark. There's a time to farm and a time to push, it's just frustrating when you get players who don't understand.

bkypes

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » February 9, 2016 12:18pm | Report
Tbh. It is extremely hard to fully know when to do something and not. That is what basically decides your mmr after getting out of (let's say) 1.5k. Even the pros sometimes don't know if something is right or wrong

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » February 9, 2016 1:14pm | Report
Actually, this is also an major problem with Arc Wardens as well as Embers, the hero has a timing window, and his is when he gets his Necrobook 3 at 20 minutes, he's gotta take or rax, or else he's gonna be prone to feeding the enemies a lot of gold.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved