Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dealing with broken and overpicked heroes (6.83)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Dealing with broken and overpicked heroes (6.83) 34 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 27, 2015 8:00am | Report

Last time I played storm v kotl, I did get mana drain while balling. Can you check this?

I checked it in lobby already. Does nothing.

For Nether Ward yeah I oversimplified a bit, true the initial mana cost WILL hurt him but in practice it changes nothing : skill is worthless against Storm don't bother.

Unscathed wrote:

maybe you should add a special section in your pubstomp guide

No, no, this is a very different spirit.
The whole point of the pubstomp guide is to insist that the heroes we're dealing with are not very good, and easy to deal with. Any hero can deal with Sniper, Pudge or whatever with a few tricks and advice.
Here it's a completely different deal. The heroes we're dealing with are inherently broken, everybody agrees on it and they're getting nerfed in the next pacth 100%. It takes a TON of tryharding, counterpicking and in general immaculate play to not get raped.
This stuff is way more experimental and unreliable. I'm not even sure that everything works myself! If I ever make a guide with that it'll be a completely different guide.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » March 27, 2015 10:28am | Report
Play Silencer watch Storm Spirit cry because of silence. Watch Troll Warlord cry because of disarm.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » March 27, 2015 11:23am | Report

Play Silencer watch Storm Spirit cry because of silence. Watch Troll Warlord cry because of disarm.

Watch them go BKB first item...
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 27, 2015 12:24pm | Report
Romark14 wrote:

Watch them go BKB first item...

>No Mana!
>No Mana!

Really, Silencer is one of the best counters to Storm, you can't do **** until you get either Bloodstone+BKB or Orchid+Bloodstone and try to shut him down first, and it's 9k gold on top of early game items, which is hard to farm because you can't fight or gank normally.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 27, 2015 1:01pm | Report
Lina is very good at shutting down storm early, she can farm an early euls, and if she times the euls stun combi right storm has no time to ball out, and then you can burst him with laguna.
Ofcourse you will lose out to him lategame but the whole idea of mid lina is to dominate from the early game to atleast 25 minutes.

Apart from that i think that chen pushing strats are really good against storm, i think something like chen + luna or a mek SF mid push strat is still viable.
Enigma is also pretty good because he has black hole for lockdown, but he has just a mek to save people as opposed to mek, hand of god and sendback.

Troll is really hard to deal with, he is kind of the new lycan, since he also farms really quickly just because of his skills, but isnt as good at early pushing, but still strong, but he is better at teamfighting then lycan.
Im not really sure what the best strat or approach to deal with him is.
Heroes like weaver and not that good IMO, weaver relies on movespeed a lot, and current popular heroes like troll, jugger and bristle constantly run at high movespeed.

I personally apart from troll find a good shadow fiend the hardest to deal with though. Even if his laning stage isnt ideal you can flashfarm so quickly, and he has multiple playstyles like euls, or mek, or more DPS.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 27, 2015 1:16pm | Report
Silencer...well he's definitely decent against Storm, but the only thing you want to do is prevent him from balling away...and I don't think you can really commit a 140 second cooldown ulti everytime simply to kill a solo Storm. So if you want a support Sky or Disruptor is better. And as a solo mid counter...why not, but remnant is fairly spammable so the traditional "spam curse" doesn't really work here.
Besides Storm can just buy Euls and dispel silences. Luckily pub storms still haven't understood that there are other builds than rushing an orchid.

Lina...why not, but can't storm ball away just after you Euls him? It really requires perfect timing and doesn't feel that reliable.

Who the **** goes for Chen push strats in pubs? Kappa.

Weaver is good against Troll and Jugger because he buys Skadi. And often diffusal as well. And MKB for troll. So he kites Troll and Jugg by slowing them. Slahser's way xD
But if you prefer rushing a linkens that blocks nothing good for you :)

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 27, 2015 1:26pm | Report
you dirty redditor hamster!

also, shift queuing during a euls pretty much ensures that lina ain't stunning you (there is still a small chance tho )

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 27, 2015 1:43pm | Report
0.3 seconds, it's 50/50, if Lina player has played a lot with that hero, he will have a fair chance of hitting the aray. LAS's delay is 0.6, Eul's duration is 2.5. Count 2 seconds in your head and you're gucci.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 27, 2015 1:48pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Silencer...well he's definitely decent against Storm, but the only thing you want to do is prevent him from balling away...and I don't think you can really commit a 140 second cooldown ulti everytime simply to kill a solo Storm. So if you want a support Sky or Disruptor is better. And as a solo mid counter...why not, but remnant is fairly spammable so the traditional "spam curse" doesn't really work here.
Besides Storm can just buy Euls and dispel silences. Luckily pub storms still haven't understood that there are other builds than rushing an orchid.

Lina...why not, but can't storm ball away just after you Euls him? It really requires perfect timing and doesn't feel that reliable.

Who the **** goes for Chen push strats in pubs? Kappa.

Weaver is good against Troll and Jugger because he buys Skadi. And often diffusal as well. And MKB for troll. So he kites Troll and Jugg by slowing them. Slahser's way xD
But if you prefer rushing a linkens that blocks nothing good for you :)

are you implying that i like linkens? i thought i was known for hating that item. =D
well weaver is good because he is so mobile, but when compared to all these speedy heroes he isnt that great.

and yea a practiced lina player should just be able to always hit the stun in those 0.3 seconds.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 27, 2015 2:00pm | Report
Sarcasm, sarcasm xD

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved