Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Constructive Feedback

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Constructive Feedback 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 17, 2014 4:28pm | Report
Inspired by Sando and FleetAU, I've decided to get some constructive feedback on my playstyle, but rather than pick a match where I feel the other player's "Skill" was questionable, or where some Russian salgged me off...okay that also happenned, but 8{D ...I decided to pick a game where I didn't feel I made any glaringly bad plays with one of my strongest Heroes.

This is the game. http://dotabuff.com/matches/665987276

If anyone has time, grab yourself some popcorn, watch the replay, and see what you think I could do better.

Just one thing, I know I Rushed a Helm of the Dominator, intending to Stack the Ancients especially since we had a greedy lineup, but I decided against Stacking, due to the Roaming Nyx Assassin and my gut instinct that Faceless Void would end up stealing my Stacks if I tried to make more than 1 or 2. -_-

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » May 17, 2014 6:45pm | Report
From basically looking over items and skill build, nothing is amiss imo. I will get back to you on the gameplay because I love to sit back and watch.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » May 17, 2014 9:20pm | Report
Overall, i thought you played this well. There were a few things at the end of the game, but they didn't matter, like you dieing at ~51:30. You could have popped your manta and walked away. Personally, i would have gone ganking more, but I think you made the right choice trying to win the farm battle verses the FV.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 18, 2014 3:13am | Report
I INSPIRED SOMEONE, life goal completed, lets go home now. Anyway, I'll download it in a sec and watch it. I think I would have got a heart over a satanic considering their lineup, would let you tank out sniper always poking you and voids chronos.

One thing, how exactly did I inspire this?
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 18, 2014 3:33am | Report
FleetAU wrote:

I INSPIRED SOMEONE, life goal completed, lets go home now. Anyway, I'll download it in a sec and watch it. I think I would have got a heart over a satanic considering their lineup, would let you tank out sniper always poking you and voids chronos.

Watch the video, you'll see those things were no trouble at all. First time Void Chrono'd me, he died immediately after...I lived and took a Tower. Whenever Sniper came near me, he melted under Eclipse 8{3

I suppose I may have made a bad choice with the Satanic (derp, I built HoD, must built Devilstick ._.) and I think I only ever used it once...after a fight ._. Heart of Tarrasque was definitely a better Pickup, but in my defense, my next Item would have been Eye of Skadi or Black King Bar#2 8{D
FleetAU wrote:

One thing, how exactly did I inspire this?

By getting useful feedback on your MMR and matches 8{D

Actually, now that you bring it up, I forgot Mastadoom 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 18, 2014 4:26am | Report
Heart isnt that good of an item on luna, if you'd rather have HP then lifesteal then get skadi, skadi is pretty much the agility carry heart apart from a few exeptions like naga and PL.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » May 18, 2014 4:36am | Report
Would of preferred MoM over HoD. Makes clearing neutral camps and pushing lanes a lot easier. Only fear would be dealing with Nyx.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » May 18, 2014 6:41am | Report
Items are ok I think, but if you took 4-2-2 skill build instead of 4-0-4 you would have much more farm and could end game faster. Generally you want to max your Q and put 2 points in E, then when you lvl up put next 2 points in glaives so that you can easily clear camps in woods and lane.

BG no watchinio

EDIT. Also thanks to glaives change, they will do more dmg if they just bounce on your enemies than your passive.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » May 18, 2014 9:32am | Report
So, I just wanted to put this match up here because I'm really frustrated about it: http://dotabuff.com/matches/667489120

Basically, RingozwenY is a friend of mine who is kind of good, and I got invited to his party with that Ogre Magi and that Puck. I knew them from previous matches, and they were not that good, but since they now have about 1100 hours I thought they got better. Oh, the really problem isn't their skill level, but the fact that they just randomly insult you if you're having a hard time while they're making many more mistakes then you and are also less experienced.

I don't want to tell more because I could make things unbalanced for those people who want to analyze the match, just give me some feedback and criticism if you want.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » May 18, 2014 10:19am | Report

So, I just wanted to put this match up here because I'm really frustrated about it: http://dotabuff.com/matches/667489120

Basically, RingozwenY is a friend of mine who is kind of good, and I got invited to his party with that Ogre Magi and that Puck. I knew them from previous matches, and they were not that good, but since they now have about 1100 hours I thought they got better. Oh, the really problem isn't their skill level, but the fact that they just randomly insult you if you're having a hard time while they're making many more mistakes then you and are also less experienced.

I don't want to tell more because I could make things unbalanced for those people who want to analyze the match, just give me some feedback and criticism if you want.

About skill builds - veno maxed Q and W without wards, puck maxed E before W (wtf?), lycan builds is just I don't know...
I think you should max your E before W on huskar (spear > passive > passive > spear > passive > ulti > passive > spear > spear).

Lycan had 0 gold and exp, like he was playing this hero for 1st time
Ogre went for some ****** arcane into bloodstone build, not even disassembling arcanes, also he had 2nd gpm in your team
Puck at least had blink dagger >.>
Veno had obs and sentries but I don't understand why he had treads and helm of iron will

What is this hell of mmr? :D
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved