Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Boycott broken client!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Boycott broken client! 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Repoman » September 9, 2015 10:32pm | Report
Reborn is obviously still in ALPHA stage, not even properly ready for beta testing yet, and now they've made it the ONLY CLIENT!! A beta has bugs, but it takes thousands of people all playing at once to find most of them. The bugs in reborn are the NORMAL state of the game, though. They haven't even gotten a functional UI for all "supported" aspect ratios yet.

Join me in boycotting reborn until they get it working!

If we can get a 50% drop in player base in a week, they'll HAVE to fix this damn thing or bring back the old client that worked just fine.

Repoman

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » September 9, 2015 10:43pm | Report
They got rid of the old client?

Goodbye old dota.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » September 9, 2015 10:43pm | Report
You posted the exact same thing 3 times, please only post once and don't spam.

Thanks!
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » September 9, 2015 10:53pm | Report
I mean, they have rewritten the entire engine from scratch. The fact it's still buggy shouldn't be suprising.

The now have hundreds of thousands of people who are going to be testing these bugs, and finding them, and reporting them. And I imagine there will be pretty frequent updates to fix these bugs.

It's going to be fixed, it's going to become as operational as Source 1 was. If you really want to help, stop with the damn boycott talk, and go out there finding and pointing out bugs to the developers so they can be fixed.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » September 9, 2015 11:06pm | Report
Shipping unfinished products has become common practice nowadays. Still I'm gonna take a dota break for a bit and see where it goes in a week or so.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » September 10, 2015 1:18am | Report

Shipping unfinished products has become common practice nowadays.

*cough*Bethesda*cough* 8{3

Seriously though, it does seem a bit premature to switch over to Reborn so soon, but I fail to see how boycotting is going to help the situation. If last year's Diretide or the Mass Effect 3 ending rework are anything to go by, then spamming muffins and posting salty threads on reddit should do the trick.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Repoman » September 10, 2015 3:00am | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

I mean, they have rewritten the entire engine from scratch. The fact it's still buggy shouldn't be suprising.

The now have hundreds of thousands of people who are going to be testing these bugs, and finding them, and reporting them. And I imagine there will be pretty frequent updates to fix these bugs.

It's going to be fixed, it's going to become as operational as Source 1 was. If you really want to help, stop with the damn boycott talk, and go out there finding and pointing out bugs to the developers so they can be fixed.

I would completely agree with you if they didn't have documentation from months ago about every bug that has suddenly seen a surge of reports today when the non-beta testers got into a supposedly finished game can couldn't play it.

They also didn't technically re-write the engine from scratch. They created a new engine unrelated to dota 2 which they plan to use for future projects and shoe-horned dota 2 into it as a test of sorts (effectively taking dota 2 offline). They used OLD code from source 1 and just transplanted it. Again, I don't even have a problem with that approach because it's just using resources available to make the job easier. My problem is they released an unplayable game, calling it out of beta, when the bugs are more prevalent and more game-breaking than even a beta should have.

Repoman

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » September 10, 2015 3:12am | Report
Point is that reborn frequently crashes on my pc. And i have a 5870 crossfire.
Whats more sometimes even when you have a whole lobby full the game stops at the "20/20 ready" load screen. Would have liked them to fix some game runming issues before they called it beta.

I come from the land of mahatma gandhi, and he did use boycott to spur the colonial rulers of their tyranny.
I dont think what valve is doing can be called tyranny. Shipping unfinished priducts and iterating them as per public liking is very mucch common. Shame they have A LOT of bugs tho.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 10, 2015 3:16am | Report
i dont understand these reddit posts though....

i have not had one bad thing happen in reborn as of yet?

weird. maybe thats cause i have a decent computer? or just seems to run fine on mine. there were bugs when it first came out but i havent got any of them recently.

runs fine, plays fine. only problem is the ranked search times...

**** this 40 minute ********!

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Repoman » September 10, 2015 3:24am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

i dont understand these reddit posts though....

i have not had one bad thing happen in reborn as of yet?

weird. maybe thats cause i have a decent computer? or just seems to run fine on mine. there were bugs when it first came out but i havent got any of them recently.

runs fine, plays fine. only problem is the ranked search times...

**** this 40 minute ********!

Those 40 minute waits are because so few players are willing to risk their mmr. Unforunately, you're in the minority of players not having major problems. I'm not saying every game is going to crash or kick you out or hemorrage packets at the server, but I am saying it's common enough that after thousands of people suffered multiple mmr losses from bugs, they don't want to queue ranked.

EDIT: What I don't get is people feel they are at such a high risk of bugs that they won't risk a ranked match, but they still consider the game playable.

Repoman

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved