Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Boycott broken client!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Boycott broken client! 18 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 10, 2015 5:21am | Report
Repoman wrote:

Those 40 minute waits are because so few players are willing to risk their mmr. Unforunately, you're in the minority of players not having major problems. I'm not saying every game is going to crash or kick you out or hemorrage packets at the server, but I am saying it's common enough that after thousands of people suffered multiple mmr losses from bugs, they don't want to queue ranked.

EDIT: What I don't get is people feel they are at such a high risk of bugs that they won't risk a ranked match, but they still consider the game playable.

Every single gamebreaking bug has been patched. Valve made you play Reborn (because they literally obliged you to do so) because they need help in finding bugs. Go over to the dev forums and check them out: the reborn section has 6 pages, while the source 1 dota had 100+.

Why? Because people don't even want to play Reborn because they had Source 1 to play on. There was absolutely no incentive to play on Reborn and find the bugs to report them. If the playerbase is not supportive enough of the beta, Valve forced it down our throats. Not sure why you'd like to boycott, if you would have seen the first weeks of source 1 beta, you would have said to lauch a direct attack on their servers(yes, it was that bad).

So stop the whining, if you don't enjoy the game in the current state, then just take a break and play something else.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Repoman » September 10, 2015 5:59am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Every single gamebreaking bug has been patched.

Tell that to all the players trying to start, play and finish a game all in one go. Tell them that the game-breaking bugs have been patched, and they're imagining the game constantly crashing and all those "error" objects that literally can't be selected by some--but not all--players even with drag-select.

EDIT: I also wouldn't complain if this was in beta. A beta is a beta, a finished game is not always perfect BUT IT'S PLAYABLE. This is not, at least not for a huge percentage of players.

Repoman

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 10, 2015 6:20am | Report
Repoman wrote:
Tell that to all the players trying to start, play and finish a game all in one go. Tell them that the game-breaking bugs have been patched, and they're imagining the game constantly crashing and all those "error" objects that literally can't be selected by some--but not all--players even with drag-select.

I was talking literally about the game itself. Source 2 is a different thing. Of course it is going to be unstable, it is new, they still have to work out the kinks. What I was talking about is bugs like illusion heroes being able to sell their items from their illusions for gold(which is absolutely gamebreaking).

Oh, and welcome to the forums.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by voodoodoll » September 10, 2015 7:06am | Report
I dislike the Reborn client as much as the next person, for various reasons, but if you seriously think you can achieve a drop in players of about 1.5 million by posting in a forum that has, erring on the generous side, maybe 200 active members, that allows conclusions as to your perception of reality that make me not want to waste my time arguing with you. "Thousands" of people? Really? I worry for your health, man, if you managed to verify that in the short time the client has been mandatory.

voodoodoll

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » September 10, 2015 9:22am | Report
Personally I don't mind the reborn client. The UI takes some getting used to, I'll admit, but I actually have experienced very few bugs, and the ones I have were very minor ones. The best way to get this client fixed fast isn't by removing it, it's by making players use it in it's usable, but maybe not completely polished state, and then have them post bugs so they can be fixed asap.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » September 10, 2015 11:08am | Report
Its just not true that a lot of players cant play games normally. Let alone a majority.

The thing most people complain about is the UI, which is they are conpletely right about BTW. We shouldnt have to click one extra time to get so somewhere. Thats just bad designing.

But well all software nowadays gets worse with every upgrade because putting everything in squares and hiding features under expandable menus is appearently the 'modern' thing to do.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 10, 2015 11:40am | Report
I enjoyed the games there... I can raise a good roughly 10 fps so now my framerate could reach/close in 30.

Also, the main page. Redditor's homepage looks very good meanwhile the reborn one looks like a popup ad that we all want to close right away. I'll have to agree with timm here, it looks neat and all but the we're on a friggin computer here not a mobile device.

Plus, navigating it is harder I feel. Maybe its just me, but the old client was easier to navigate. Does anyone else have a cursor problem? It feels very slow. Maybe my memory doesnt serve very well right now, but I am sure my cursor felt slower. Reborn is sleek and all but old client is faster.

Still better than fullscreen steam =D
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Olsenbb » November 25, 2015 1:16am | Report
Reborn is still a lot buggy

Olsenbb

Notable (1)
View My Blog

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved