Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best illusion counters?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Best illusion counters? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kristaps123 » December 21, 2013 4:03am | Report
In your experience which are the most effective heroes, that can deal with illusions?

I have found that earthshaker and medusa are very effective against pl,ck,naga.....

kristaps123

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » December 21, 2013 4:12am | Report
Kunkka/gyro are really good

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » December 21, 2013 4:29am | Report
Depends on the illusion hero.

For heroes with a lot of illusions like Phantom Lancer and carry Naga Siren it's definitely Medusa. Earthshaker gets a secondary mention too - though any hero with mass AOE damage is fine because of how squishy the illusions are.

For heroes with few but powerful illusions like Morphling and Chaos Knight it would be Outworld Devourer because of how powerful against illusions Arcane Orb is.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » December 21, 2013 4:30am | Report
Battle Fury on some melee heroes is also good.

Or even Maelstrom
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » December 21, 2013 5:21am | Report
AoE ultimates with low cooldown (Ghost Ship, Call Down...), Heroes with cleave damage ( Sven, Magnus, Luna, Gyrocopter and any Hero with a Battle Fury), Legion Commander (because of her first ability), Outworld Devourer (because of his orb) and the two "typical" counters to them ( Earthshaker and Medusa because of their ultimates).

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 25, 2013 6:23am | Report
Maelstrom becomes a sub-standard counter later into the game as 120 damage..just falls off

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved