Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best Hero to Play When You're Drunk?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Best Hero to Play When You're Drunk? 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » March 28, 2016 10:18am | Report
Unless you're pursuing a "career" in eSports, playing too much Dota can be a bad habit. So why not have two bad habits at the same time? Yes, I'm talking about drowning your sorrows with booze while drowning your other sorrows with Dota! But, some heroes are ill-suited for playing while intoxicated and your impaired ability to flame teammates can be gamebreaking!

So, let's discuss the best heroes to choose when you're downing some booze! Because you gotta drink vodka in order to win dotka!

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » March 28, 2016 10:36am | Report
For what are you searching, the hero were you play best with when drunk or the hero were you have the most fun with while drunk?

Because I think Brewmaster is really fun to play when drunk

Also some uber tanky hero like Spirit Breaker were you can play super agressive with is a good option.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » March 28, 2016 3:20pm | Report
Play Tiny, rush Blink Dagger, then spend the entire game blowing people up while screaming ROCK HAAAAAARD IRL. Preferably in voice chat as well.

That is all.

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » March 28, 2016 3:44pm | Report
Someone read old dotabuff posts...
Anyways...get Wk, get radiance, get refrersher and laugh at your enemies dying without doing **** (unless you forget to actually use the orb).
My friend tried it. He could still win with it after 2 bottles of vodka (these russian immigrants are tough man). It's 90% foolproof.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » March 28, 2016 4:53pm | Report
I always thougth russians were inmune to the effects of vodka, it's kinda a passive ability they born with.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » March 28, 2016 6:00pm | Report
Drink and dota is a baaaaaaad combination; it's more like, get drunk, play dota, drown sorrows with more drink, get drunker, play more dota until you die of alcohol poisoning.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 28, 2016 7:29pm | Report
I prefer the weeds thank you very much.

But seriously, playing doters when high is ****ing amazing

also i don't drink beer because it triggers my migraines big time, and good whiskey ain't cheap ;_;

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » March 28, 2016 8:10pm | Report
Taken from a dotabuff article:
Lack of coordination, impaired judgment, shortened attention span, narrower field of vision, and a tendency towards regretful decision making are some consequences of alcohol, but they aren’t too far off from resembling a beginner at Dota. New players stalk around the map, aimlessly fumbling their spells.

While alcohol can significantly hamper your ability to do just about anything, it has some unheralded benefits when it comes to Dota. Increased confidence, sociability, and decreased anxiety are also sound principles for playing well. In some ways, the criteria for picking a hero to play while inebriated is fine advice for the average Dota player.

HOW TO PICK A DECENT HERO
For example, one, would be do no harm. Do not choose a hero where unguided decisions can potentially turn a team fight. This category includes heroes with spells that can be detrimental to your team, such as Faceless Void, Tusk, Pudge. An errant Chronosphere, Snowball or Hook is a quick ticket to a Top Fails video.

Two, keep it simple. There’s no need to play Chen or Beastmaster—two of the top five heroes in the 5k+ bracket—when you already have trouble controlling one unit. There’s a reason why heroes like Spectre, Zeus, and Omniknight have historically been on top of the win rate charts. Even if your fine motor skills have gone awry, anyone can press “R”.

Three, pick a winning hero. Win rates in pubs tend to indicate the overall impact of that hero, since the majority of pub players are of average skill. It’s very rare that an effective hero in the 3-4k bracket is ineffective in the 4-5k+ bracket (usually the opposite is the case.). This criteria excludes a hero like Io, who has a >50% win rate in the 5k+ bracket, even if it would be amusing to witness some Relocate antics.

PHASE 1: EUPHORIA
Where it all begins. Ballooning self-confidence, feet coming off the brakes. Heroes here benefit from a player’s exuberance and unabashed instinct to pull the trigger and initiate.

Legion Commander Legion Commander is one of the first obvious candidates. She’s the fourth most popular hero, with 43.08% of her games played in the jungle. It doesn’t matter how poor your fine motor skills are when you’re fighting neutrals. Junglers in pubs have a laissez-faire type of attitude anyway, so it wouldn’t be a deviation from the norm if your Legion Commander is whacking the small camp when a team fight occurs a few steps away.

Invoker Invoker, even after a series of nerfs, is at a point where you don’t need to be a savant to be effective with him. To pick Invoker is a sign of the kind of poorly laid plans in this phase. It sounds like a good idea, until it isn’t. Despite this, Cold Snap and Alacrity are still as potent as ever to dominate the lane.

Enigma Enigma. Like Legion Commander, Enigma is a jungling hero that, regardless of the player, will more likely than not win against the jungle. The difference would be turning on the mic and shouting “BLACK HOLE” when appropriate.

Clockwerk Clockwerk. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. Solid life (and hockey) advice from Wayne Gretzky that also applies to Dota. Leave the planned, tactical skill shots to the pros and go with the gut when hooking in pubs.

PHASE 2: LETHARGY
Delayed reactions, impaired vision, and poor memory. The realm of “Press R” heroes. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t managed a creep kill in the past ten minutes, or if you have no clue of what’s even happening around you, you can still manage to impact the game.

Zeus Zeus has historically been in the top 10 win rates of our charts (4th all time). Arc Lightning Arc Lightning is a near risk-free way to last hit, while using Thundergod's Wrath Thundergod's Wrath periodically is more than enough to help your team. Zeus almost has a greater than 54% win rate in all lanes, with his lowest being in the safe lane, where he is more likely used as a support.

Witch Doctor Witch Doctor. Throw the coconut and look at it go.

Lich Lich is one of the usual recommendations for first time Dota players. Another “Press R” hero but Sacrifice Sacrifice allows you to be effective even as you drift in and out of consciousness.

Spectre Spectre. If Badman can ride Spectre to 8K MMR, there has to be some value to everyone else. Pressing R gives everyone else double vision. Spectre has been one of the most effective heroes on the win rates charts, at one point in 6.85 exceeding usual kings, Abaddon and Omniknight.

Ancient Apparition Ancient Apparition. A hero where it’s acceptable to be where your teammates isn’t, under the guise of “getting levels” and “farming support.” It also helps that you can still be effective from the fountain, periodically casting Ice Blast Ice Blast between drinks.

PHASE 3: SUPREME CONFIDENCE
Nothing can hurt you. These heroes benefit from overestimating your own abilities, particularly because everyone else underestimates them.

Wraith King Wraith King. A “press Q” hero. He only has one skill to use, and if you don’t use it, that’s fine too. Wraith King’s resilience and simplicity has made him historically one of the top carries to use in pubs.

Phantom Assassin Phantom Assassin benefits from the underestimation of the people playing against her, making it a ripe situation for users hoping to string together critical strikes. PA also has great synergy with two of the rising supports in the meta: Dazzle and Vengeful Spirit.

Bristleback Bristleback is another beneficiary of uninformed pub players. Even in competitive play, his tankiness is often misjudged. Bristleback Bristleback is one of the best defensive passives in the game, and it also kicks in when you decide to run away after making a terrible decision.

Spirit Breaker Spirit Breaker Take a page from MVP.March’s play at TI5, who unabashedly charged any visible hero.

NO REGRETS
In Dota, there is no need for a moral hangover--the kind of lingering guilt from our actions the night before. It's only a game, where the consequences end once that score screen comes up. There are no lasting repercussions from feeding a death and throwing the game. The only recourse is to just move on and find a new game, realizing that anyone, with or without a buzz, can play with confidence.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » March 29, 2016 1:14am | Report
That was the article I was talking about!
I never was high because I neither take drugs nor do I drink alcohol :/

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » March 29, 2016 3:10am | Report
To be honest, is playing dota while drunk not a waist of being drunk?
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved