Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.87c

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.87c 28 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » May 8, 2016 4:41am | Report
So Terrorblade returned from the hell of trash, really nice. Knew he could break out again.

I think terror is now the strongest safelane carry for this patch and only loses against Slark maybe. However slark has no good aoe so it's all fine i guess. Other good heroes this patch are Wraith King, Lifestealer, Juggernaut and they all lose against Terrorblade. Only Sven can be anoying but there is still something as Reflection and Sunder and also Eye of Skadi so no big deal for Terrorblade. He also has 10 armor now so jungling in the early stages of the game is safer, which means beter Manta Style timings which means win every game. With the nerf to the gold to mega creeps, coming back from losing rax is harder now so this is also nice for a hero who is known to meld barracks in no time. Ember Spirit is ofcourse still a counter to Terrorblade but I haven't seen to much of him and Terrorblade can pressure ember during early and midgame by just rightclicking that 1 armor guy and by taking his towers before he has his battlefury.

Good job Icefrog for realising you had to buff the most enjoyable hero in dota, who already had an arcana so now people will maybe buy the arcana too and Valve will make a lot of money out of that.

Pick terrorblyat, is good for you.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » May 8, 2016 8:34am | Report
I went SnY TB in previous patch and it was perfectly legit. I don't know about what "practice" are you talking about, both were a viable pickup until 6.87 destroyed SnY on ranged heroes.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » May 8, 2016 9:01am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Actually, it's probably for the first time I can say that Icefraud is doing a good job. A lot of heroes are viable and no heroes are ridiculously overpowered, or at least yet discovered to be.

Dota communism is within reach.

HOOO even Dimony is satisfied with a patch finally, guys, something is happening here...

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » May 8, 2016 12:08pm | Report
Icefraud, why are you giving people so little to complain about? Kyfoid plz explain.

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » May 8, 2016 7:01pm | Report
Enter crimson guard rant.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » May 8, 2016 8:03pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

I went SnY TB in previous patch and it was perfectly legit. I don't know about what "practice" are you talking about, both were a viable pickup until 6.87 destroyed SnY on ranged heroes.

Viable, perhaps.

Inferior, completely.

SnY gave a grand total of 114 extra HP, which is insignificant on a hero that will level stats because the Q is such a good value point. It also gave 15 raw damage (doesn't work on illusions), a low-chance maim on a hero who kills people with burst physical, and it gave 6% extra movement speed. The latter of those is about the only noteworthy feature.

Conversely, Manta gave you a dispel, more INT to spam spells more (and TB does have mana issues. If ever you want to nerf him, increasing the mana cost on Conjure Image would 100% do it), and the 2 illusions which are both another damage steroid and a farm accelerant, and a pushing tool. Statswise; they're similar; but Manta completely outstrips it in utility.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » May 9, 2016 1:20am | Report
Do you not realize that maim and bonus ms was the selling point of SnY because even with Drum+Yasha you couldn't chase people with even minimal mobility for ****? Why do you even bring math here if those items deal with two completely different concepts, math is absolutely irrelevant here.

You get SnY after BKB or Skadi to go and finish the game because you're a ****ing monster at that point.

You get Manta to farm some more, become 6-slotted and the finish the game. Grz, that's your way of playing the hero. I like the former more. Now I won't go for Yasha until 5/6th slot and get Blink instead to compensate for SnY being ****.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheGhostReader » May 10, 2016 12:46am | Report
Seeing this SnY vs Manta on Terrorblade reminds me of how many times people flamed me for buying manta. I know a lot of games in youtube go for SnY but what was the point of flaming me with manta anyway ? 5 Metamorphed Terrorblades is a lot better than 3.
I read what you wrote there buddy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TheGhostReader

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved