Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.84 Treant

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.84 Treant 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » July 13, 2015 3:37pm | Report
Treant Protector is one of those heroes whose popularity soared to new heights with the advent of 6.83 but like so many of the heroes that dominated the ricing meta, has fallen out of favor in 6.84.

Was Treant Protector merely a byproduct of the ricing meta or is he still capable of making an impact in the current meta? In what way can this walking tree make his presence felt in the 6.84 era?

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » July 13, 2015 4:12pm | Report
The thing about Treant Protector is that the primary benefit of the hero is Living Armor. Like that spell is the reason you consider the hero, since aside from early rotations with his base damage and Leech Seed to just run people down. (I mean, with early Brown Boots and an OoV, once Tree gets a right click on you you are essentially dead)

The problem is... he's a passive hero in an aggresive meta. Like, unless he gets stuff done early and make his presence felt early with rotations, he drops off a lot till he can get say Blink Dagger or Ag's or both. He adds a minor slow, decent damage block, and a team-fight ulti, but no other lock-down, and no burst.

Even in terms of rotations early there are better supports in this meta; Bounty Hunter, Earthshaker and Tusk are all very popular supports, and all have huge amounts of rotation potential and both are better at it. As well as arguably bringing more to team-fights.

Oh and it's really hard to use Living Armor to keep towers up against a Leshrac.

Basically it's not because the hero is bad... it's just his niche is unneeded and other heroes do the things he does otherwise a little better.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » July 13, 2015 8:14pm | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

The problem is... he's a passive hero in an aggresive meta.

This. I think to adjust he should take more points in Leech Seed than he used to. It is a actually a very good skill in lane and easily kills squishes. I think the right build now is
1. Leech
2. Armor
3. Leech
4. Armor
5. Invis
6. Armor
7. Leech
8. Overgrow

EDIT: I also think he really comes into play late game when he gets Agh's. Free wards in the late game are invaluble. He can also make a really big impact by being able to hold down enemies with Overgrow in the late game when everyone is so strong and people start buying BKB's. I believe it goes through BKB, but if you cast BKB while under its effects youre freed.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » July 13, 2015 10:00pm | Report
To me, Treant is almost worth a pick solely for his aghs. If you get good coverage with it the global vision and ult is just soooo useful. You can steal enemy jungle, stop rotations, hurt supports, split push, and you always know where all of them are.

And it's hard to get rid of those things too, the best method I've seen in my games is a Storm Spirit with a gem using ball lighting to destroy trees. While that may seem like a late game option, I think with Blubbles Leech Seed heavy build he could still be an incredibly valuable pick.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » July 13, 2015 10:40pm | Report
I've played him a few times recently for that "save your offlaner from across the map" thing. Managed to pick up some early kills too, but getting that aghs early enough can be hard, as you're unlikely to be a core.

While he's a useful hero he's not quite strong enough, and a little too greedy in my book. While he has great skills, he's quite mana heavy for a strength hero, and he lacks the impact of say an Earthshaker with similar levels/farm. Your heals are useful but drop off, Ult has a fast CD, but lack of true disable.

Got heavily countered once I had my Aghs - KOTL with Aghanim's Scepter, Gem of True Sight and a Quelling Blade - tried not to take it personally :).
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » July 13, 2015 11:14pm | Report
The thing is, taking more than 1 point of Leech Seed since the rework in 6.81b or 6.80b whenever the hero got that nerf that changed the scaling of Leech Seed it's basically the case that the 28% slow is more valuable than the damage pulses. Like, it used to be 144 damage at level 1 (Before reduction), instead of the 90 it does now, so really you are leveling it for the slow in these ganks, less so than the damage, and thus unless you max it you don't get as much value anymore.

And there's like several problems with maxing Leech Seed first;

[*] Living Armor is just a better skill. 80 damage block for 7 instances of damage with 13 hp regen per second that works on towers, and is a global spell is crazy.
[*] Every point beyond one that you put into the skill makes you extremely reliant on getting things done in the laning phase. You have to get value from the points you put in there in place of other skills, so you have to be getting a lot of kills with it.
[*] You can't skip ulti at 6. Like, it is your primary team-fight spell, and levels on supports are hard to come by. It's also a better use of a skill point than any of the other things you could invest it into at 6.
[*] Likewise for the same logic you generally need to take a value point of Guise by 5 because levels are hard to come by, and the little bit of utility can be worth a huge lot, lets you be a mobile ward, make some saves ect ect

And even then, even with an aggressive build it's just the fact that if he doesn't get anything done in terms of kills, he's just worse than his alternative's right now. He's probably worse even if he does get stuff done early.

I mean, I guess if the meta shifts to longer games it'll he'll be better, because he get's an Ag's and puts a stranglehold on the map in terms of vision and farm available to the opposing team. But just not right now.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 13, 2015 11:42pm | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

The thing is, taking more than 1 point of Leech Seed since the rework in 6.81b or 6.80b whenever the hero got that nerf that changed the scaling of Leech Seed it's basically the case that the 28% slow is more valuable than the damage pulses. Like, it used to be 144 damage at level 1 (Before reduction), instead of the 90 it does now, so really you are leveling it for the slow in these ganks, less so than the damage, and thus unless you max it you don't get as much value anymore.

And there's like several problems with maxing Leech Seed first;

[*] Living Armor is just a better skill. 80 damage block for 7 instances of damage with 13 hp regen per second that works on towers, and is a global spell is crazy.
[*] Every point beyond one that you put into the skill makes you extremely reliant on getting things done in the laning phase. You have to get value from the points you put in there in place of other skills, so you have to be getting a lot of kills with it.
[*] You can't skip ulti at 6. Like, it is your primary team-fight spell, and levels on supports are hard to come by. It's also a better use of a skill point than any of the other things you could invest it into at 6.
[*] Likewise for the same logic you generally need to take a value point of Guide by 5 because levels are hard to come by, and the little bit of utility can be worth a huge lot, lets you be a mobile ward, make some saves ect ect

And even then, even with an aggressive build it's just the fact that if he doesn't get anything done in terms of kills, he's just worse than his alternative's right now. He's probably worse even if he does get stuff done early.

I mean, I guess if the meta shifts to longer games it'll he'll be better, because he get's an Ag's and puts a stranglehold on the map in terms of vision and farm available to the opposing team. But just not right now.

This so much, PDD basicly made that nerf happen by himself by just walking in and killing every hero by himself. So much earlygames won.
Tree is actually very agressive early on, but then quickly becomes defensive once his massive starting rightclick stops being a big deal.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved