Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Slark Guide?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Slark Guide? 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Desol13 » March 3, 2013 6:03pm | Report
Well, I've been playing Slark in a strangely unique way that I haven't seen most (actually, I haven't found any) guides do. I find it rather a nice build, though I want to see what the rest of you think.

- Item build at start is:
Quite simple. Nothing different.

Afterwards:OR
But here's where it changes.

Why Eul's?

1. Movespeed bonus of +30. With a Lvl 2 Ultimate, Slark will hit 522 MS when not in vision.

2. Furthermore, the intel and mana regen helps Slark quite a bit. Despite the low cost of Slark's spells, I ended up realising that the low cooldown on all of them will result in spamming them whenever needed.

3. Cyclone is a useful spell.

Furthermore...

I get BKB if I'm having trouble first. Otherwise, I get Heaven's Halberd.

In summary, it's a Slark build that focuses on Strength over agility and damage. Stuff like Butterfly, MKB, Daedalus, SnY, Mask of Madness and Armlet are ignored in favour of Heart and Heaven's Halberd.

The Eul's Scepter is a bit of a strange thing in all this, but it hasn't disappointed me yet. What do you think?

Desol13

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » March 4, 2013 9:43am | Report
I think there are better items than Eul's Scepter of Divinity: if you need the movement speed buy a Drum of Endurance and/or a Yasha; if you need mana regen buy an Orchid Malevolence which also comes with a nice attack speed and damage buff or a Diffusal Blade.
I don't really like Eul's on a farm-dependent Hero and, even though you can provide a good explanation about it, I'm afraid your hypotetical guide would get downvoted because players stick to the Vanguard + Eye of Skadi pub build.

Other than that, I like your idea: many players often underestimate those alternative items that work wonders even if the Hero is known to have just that item build (some recent examples are the support Gyrocopter or the Midas Invoker), people like you really make the game less boring. :D

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » March 4, 2013 11:13am | Report
Peppo_Opaccio pretty much saved me from making a long post longer. The only thing I'd disagree with is that Slark is farm dependent, while he does benefit from from items he's more-so level dependent, and makes most of his own damage.

In regards to the OP, Vanguard is a terrible choice for Slark all around. You don't need the HP regen by the time you get it and a Vanguard really only benefits some one with on-hit reactive abilities like Axe / Spectre / Centaur, or someone who'll just auto-attack in the jungle like Anti-mage. You'r better off with a Sange.

Eul's in my opinion is not efficient enough, it works, but you can do better with the said items from Peppo_Opaccio. Orchid or Yasha or Both.

You want innovative? Try Tranquil -> Armlet -> Tranquil into Arcane and Vlads. Works exceptional, I don't know why Vlads isn't a common pick up for him, it synergizes in every aspect. Mana, Armor, Damage that scales with your passive, and Survivability in a fight.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved