Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Sniper an Underrated Mid hero?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Is Sniper an Underrated Mid hero? 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 17, 2014 10:00pm | Report
So i have been only once trying this build, but!

Three shrapnels totally make mid hell, i assure you. He can now just own his lane (even thought it doesnt dmg building/s)

So i have been doing gimmick ***** on him, like EB sniper.

Thoughts? Mid sniper is rly strong. He can zone out anybody, really.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » December 17, 2014 10:07pm | Report
Will try ina game now...what build did you go? shrapnel and take aim?

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 17, 2014 10:21pm | Report
Sniper is one of the worst mids in the game. Easily countered, and feeds free kills. He's extremely annoying, I'll give you that. But so easily countered it's not even funny.

- Roaming supports are absurdly buffed in the current patches with *infinite regen* and bonus gold/XP from Bottle. He will get ganked mid. Over and over again. 0-10 at 15 minutes, GG.
(Oh and who says ganking mid is limited to supports? Last time I was playing safe lane Chaos Knight and 7 minutes into the game I decided that the mid Sniper gave more gold than my lane creeps xD)

- Creep blocking makes his laning hell. When you lane mid against Sniper, if you have a good block (and control the creep equilibrium with denying and abusing creep aggro), he can't do anything by just sitting under his tower, he'll have to come near to get last hits. When he does, you can just kill him.

- Most solo mids can just kill him outright as many times as they want. Queen of Pain? Templar Assassin? Storm Spirit? Get to level 6, GG.

- Invis runes. haste runes. Even DD and illusion runes. All these runes are free kills on him essentially.

- everybody hates Sniper and counterpicks him. It's just so easy to do! Whenever there's a Sniper picked expect him to face a TA mid or something and the game be an autolose.

I don't know about the new Sniper yet, but the 6.82 one? Bleh. For the new Sniper 40 second replenish time on Shrapnel makes me think it's just going to be the same : you can't harass with it since it recharges so slowly.

Sniper should go...nowhere really. He shouldn't be picked. The "least bad" way to lane him is as a safe lane carry and get an early Hand of Midas to compensate for his garbage farming speed, and then join his team most of the time to avoid being killed over and over again while assisting with pushes and KS'ing with ult (while farming with midas). But even then...other heroes can do his job better.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 17, 2014 10:52pm | Report

Will try ina game now...what build did you go? shrapnel and take aim?

Yea just get botle mid.

Get eb if u want for full nuker.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 18, 2014 12:17am | Report
let us count.

How many nukes does sniper have? 1 nuke at a ridiculous mana cost. EB? ********.
/thread

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » December 18, 2014 12:25am | Report
MAn DOtoforeos hate sniper IRL.

But yeah he NEEDS a rework, if there were a poll, he will come on top.

How about roaming sniper....3 shots of shrapnel at level is kinda good

Went unfair bots maxed shrapnel first.....28-1-13. MoM, Manta, MKB, DAedalus, Boots, Bottle.
Lets see actual pubs now.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » December 18, 2014 8:06am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Sniper should go...nowhere really. He shouldn't be picked. The "least bad" way to lane him is as a safe lane carry and get an early Hand of Midas to compensate for his garbage farming speed, and then join his team most of the time to avoid being killed over and over again while assisting with pushes and KS'ing with ult (while farming with midas). But even then...other heroes can do his job better.

Pretty much...he Farms slowly, he can't Gank, he has no Escape Mechanism, he needs Farm to be effective...and now he can't even melt the Tier 1 Towers... -_-

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » December 18, 2014 5:38pm | Report
Well, not that bad, IMO

Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 18, 2014 5:45pm | Report
CapnDaft wrote:

Well, not that bad, IMO

I watched that after i post this thread lol
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ninecent » December 23, 2014 5:58pm | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

let us count.

How many nukes does sniper have? 1 nuke at a ridiculous mana cost. EB? ********.
/thread

Everything can work.

Ninecent

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved