Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Experimental Lab?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Experimental Lab? 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » May 19, 2014 11:38am | Report
Lol Xyrus dat video made me laugh!
I am currently working on it, and I have the file as .doc in my laptop. I am more comfortable writing it down in word and then pasting it later, and actually I have got the content done, just the whole formatting and presentation thing (including video)
Anyway, thanks for the tips Xyrus! Good luck for your Dragon Knight's guide! Looking forward to you!
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » May 22, 2014 5:28pm | Report
Hi Xyrus and hard-to-call guy (I'll just call you Erca?)! I'm here just to say thank you for the help! I've created my first guide, and your answer has helped me. Thank you :)

If you want to check it's here
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 23, 2014 7:10am | Report
Yeah, you produced a top quality guide...PRAISE US MORE!!! 8{D

I'd add a view replay of Pr0fessional Bounty Hunter games *cough*AdmiralBulldog*cough* to give people a visual aid of what a good Bounty Hunter is supposed to look like.

Since you've got the basics down so eaasily, try something advanced by adding in a bit about using Pooled Wards and Shadow Walk to screw with the other Team's Supports and Junglers 8{D

for example...
Xyrus wrote:

Getting Sentry Wards from your Supports opens up a whole new level of mind games and fun when playing as Bounty Hunter. A good example?

At the start of the game Bounty Hunter (Radiant) get's Pooled 1 Sentry Ward, so he skills up Shadow Walk and activates it just before heading into the River (near the top Rune Spawn) Shadow Walk will be on Cooldown, BUT before he uses it again, after checking there's no one around to see him, he sneakily places a Sentry Ward to the bottom-right of the Pull Camp.

Meanwhile...

... Rubick (Dire) is feeling pretty good, Sand King, wanting to spend as little gold as possible on his Team, so he could Rush his Blink Dagger (also secretly, he's an arsehole) agreed to buy the Animal Courier, so long as Rubick buys all the Wards and upgrades the Courier. Even better, some n00b on the other Team picked Bounty Hunter, but this Support has 2 Sentry Wards to make this CYKA cry! B{D

The Horn sounds, the game has begun...as well as the suffering...B{D

Rubick, securely guarded by Sand King, places his Observer Ward next to the Medium Camp (not the one used for Double pulls), so that he can see the Top Rune Spawn. Of course, there's no way the Bounty Hunter could be sitting 1000 units away (100 more than a Sentry's Range), cackling as he plots to have that Ward removed 8{3

The Creep Wave finally arrives where Luna(Dire) can smack them...

"Hahaha!" The Rubick laughed pitifully at this Bounty Hunter. He'd Creep Blocked, but so had Luna, leaving the Creep Wave, directly to the right of the Sideshop. This meant, that because Rubick and Sand King were there, as soon as he got too close to the Creep Wave, the 2 Supports could pounce on him. Even better still, their cleverly obvious Sentry Ward, placed near the steps to the River, would reveal him even if he used Shadow Walk, and they had yet another Sentry Ward for revealing him elsewhere.

What's this, the Bounty Hunter is casually hanging back, not going for Last Hits? "CURSES" screamed Rubick, "the n00b is too afraid of our powerful First Blood potential!". Suddenly, it occurred to Rubick "Aha! I shall Pull the Wave and force this scaredy n00b closer to our Tower! XD", thought the Rubick, but alas, heading over to the Small Camp, to the Rubick's utter dismay, no Creeps had Spawned there after 0:30! D{8

This was a tragedy, with only 1 Sentry Ward remaining, Rubick had to carefully guess where the offending Creep blocker was, he knew that Bounty Hunter hadn't body blocked it, since he'd been clearly and visibly sitting close to his Tower at 0:30. "He most likely placed it where he had easy access to the Camp, so it'll either be to the left, above or in the Camp" pondered Rubick, never considering that Bounty Hunter had Shadow Walked when he went to place the Observer Ward.

Eventually, he places the Sentry Ward above the Camp, covering the latter 2 places he suspected. Failure...now he had to buy more Sentry Wards meaning Sand King would have to buy the next set of Observer Wards and the Flying Courier, lest they go without D{8

After placing down the 3rd Ward, running out of Sentries again, Rubick finally finds the offending Ward and removes it, meanwhile, Bounty Hunter has been getting tons of Exp and even a few Last hits under his Tower thanks to the lack of Pulls. Rubick decides to change this -_-

After finally Pulling the Creep Wave, Rubick is shocked to find that the Small Camp has once again been blocked!!! D{8

"Hah! I remember the place where this n00b Warded last time!" scoffed Rubick, so he went about Dewarding with 2 fresh new Sentry Wards, but alas, there were no Wards to be found, for Bounty Hunter had Blocked the Camp himself, thus leaving him free to sit in the now Sentry free lane, soaking up as much Exp as he wants.

...and thus, the Bounty Hunter gained an easy lvl6...yada yada...lots of Kills, lots of Gold...brief love affair with Pudge...etc...he lived happily ever after, the end. 8{D

You can wreak havoc in a Lane with Bounty Hunter if you know what you're doing 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » May 23, 2014 7:53am | Report
O' Magnificent and Wonderful Lord Erca and Xyrus!!
Tis servant of thou trembleth afore thou'st gaze!!
O' how unworthy am I for thou'st praise!
Thou'st saying shalt be mine virus!!

^^^ Those were rhyming! (1-4,2-3)

On a more serious note though, however, thank you for the great suggestion, and I think I will put another section in my dearest wall-of-text guide (if anyone complains it's your fault!)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 23, 2014 8:19am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

On a more serious note though, however, thank you for the great suggestion, and I think I will put another section in my dearest wall-of-text guide (if anyone complains it's your fault!)

There can never be enough walls of text.

If they can't stand this much, they'll hate my DK Guide 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved