Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Blink dagger on slark

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Blink dagger on slark 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sergeant jazz » May 31, 2014 4:02am | Report
In competitive games,I've seen players like loda go blink dagger on slark, after hand of Midas.
What are your opinions on this build? Personally i like the blink dagger but not the midas.

Sergeant jazz

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » May 31, 2014 4:27am | Report
I like the Blink Dagger a lot, it gives you even more mobility and you can take someone by surprise by instantly using Dark Pact and Pounce on them, it's a lot of damage.

About Hand of Midas, yeah I don't really like it at all as well.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eheroduelist » June 2, 2014 5:58am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

I like the Blink Dagger a lot, it gives you even more mobility and you can take someone by surprise by instantly using Dark Pact and Pounce on them, it's a lot of damage.

About Hand of Midas, yeah I don't really like it at all as well.

Midas is something you get if you manage to get 2050 gold in less than 10 mins. Typically doesn't happen unless you're farming like a madman or you get a notable amount of early kills.

Eheroduelist

Notable (2)
Steam: Ri'Ec.Ehero
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » October 1, 2014 4:20pm | Report
I really don't like either on him I think that Pounce really gets the job done. Blink not really needed. If you want mobility and surprise attacks, I always get Shadow Blade because along wiht the mobility, you can use it to escape and emergency heal with ult.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » October 1, 2014 4:53pm | Report
so midas reasoning is like this.

I have 1400 gold and its 4-5 minutes in the game = Midas
i have 2000 gold and its 6 minutes in the game = midas
it is over six minutes in the game and i dont have over 2000 gold = no midas

if you can get it in under 7 minutes then yea go for it but if you cant ... dont.

and Blink Dagger on Slark is when they want him to be an initiator.

usually pro's will build Shadow Blade as the damage and attack speed and escape are a lot.

blink is more when the pro's want to run him as a initiator. blink pounce dark pact right clicks ulti dark pact pounce on the priority target and focus him down.

i honestly find him best as zoner or pick off artist.

since most supports only have disables or targeting nukes he is perfect for a blink engagement on them.

as they might have sentries or a gem so a shadow blade might get you countered.

Blink Dagger is situational like most of Slark's items.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved