Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Are boots necessary on Natures Profit?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Are boots necessary on Natures Profit? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dubesta11 » March 17, 2014 3:40am | Report
I am still new to this game, but after playing and dominating a few matches without needing to purchase boots, I found buying other items lead to a greater success. Don't criticize me too hard, but I try to buy a Shadow Blade as soon as I can; for the fact you can go invisible and run/tp away, has extra damage and attack speed, AND also increases your movement speed when in use. Considering I do a lot of farming through the whole game (while pushing and ganking), I don't move around on foot much. There are times when enemies may have a stun and truesight, and in that case I am most likely dead to start with, boots or not (I can still sprout them, shaddow, and TP if necessary).

So how do you feel about this, or should I get boots. I would rather focus on damage/crit dealing weapons to farm/take down towers easier. Thanks! (Also trying to win an argument)

Dubesta11

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 17, 2014 5:18am | Report
I prefer quickly getting Phase Boots on Nature's Prophet because it increases his damage output during ganks (which I do a lot), though boots are also necessary to close the gap between you and your target and just a little bit of movement speed can make a difference.

I think you shouldn't skip boots though. Even if you are playing the farmer prophet, Power Treads increases your attack speed to down creeps faster and tread-switching gives you some extra mana to summon treants so that you don't have to go back to base more often. Plus you can easily run from heroes when they try to gank you if they don't have enough speed to catch up (like poor supports). Think about it.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Thenickrick » April 16, 2014 12:13pm | Report
Not trolling or anything I promise but how long have you been playing/what is your mmr? (P. S. Please buy boots XD)

Thenickrick

Notable (1)
Steam: [DC] THEnickrick
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by pieceofcake » April 19, 2014 7:16am | Report
With Natures Prophet i only use Boots of Speed.Check my offlane build http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/offlane-furion-8465

pieceofcake

Steam: -pieceofcake.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » April 19, 2014 8:10am | Report
If you're playing off-lane Nature's Prophet you should focus on getting a pair of Phase Boots as soon as possible, as they make last hitting a piece of cake. With them, as NP has a terrific attack animation, you should be able to last hit most of the creeps in lane, so you can focus on a Hand of Midas and, later, on a Necronomicon or Shadow Blade.

If you're jungling you can get away with a pair of Boots of Speed, because your farm rate (experience-wise, mostly) is lower and you'll need more time to be ready for the split pushing. That way, you can also get the Boots of Travel after your SB/Necro and Vyse.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved