Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Riki Support New Meta?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Riki Support New Meta? 20 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fleet » May 6, 2014 5:18pm | Report
with riki's backstab applying to allied creeps now Riki can effectively not miss a single deny during laning. with his permanent invis he can grab a gem and some wards and just walk around safely warding and de-warding with no risk, he can also easily check roshan. his spells are fantastic for support, he has a silence, he can jump into fights he might be late for and pop a mech turning the fight around. He would also be great with some AOE items,for example Riki can run or blink into a fight and pop a shivas guard, when chasing down heroes because of his blink he can easily pop off a slow of some sort, maybe a Rod of Atos and let the carry get the kill

more ideas about it would be appreciated

Fleet

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 6, 2014 5:22pm | Report
Sorry this is actually my thread, some kind of glitch occurred with my account
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » May 6, 2014 6:32pm | Report
I'd say that you could build items that could help in situations such as;
I wouldn't exactly say he could play a 4 or 5 role like CM or KotL but maybe you could try something like Bounty Hunter
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 7, 2014 12:42am | Report
Bounty can start out as a support, some pro teams run an offlaner like nyx and the bounty roam's in their jungle annoying the supports and jungler, and setting up kills around the map.

Bounty can do this becouse he has a really strong early game with lvl 1 invis, a nuke that stops TP's and the high early damage of double shadow walk bonus damage. And a jinada slow. He has a source of income if he finds kills with track and can be effective with cheap items like urn and medallion.

Riki is different, he needs lvl 6 to become invis, has no nuke, worse early phisical burst damage, and the cloud needs some levels to become really effective.
And he provides much less to the team then a bounty without items.

I do think riki is a bit underestimated becouse apart from his ultimate his skills are quite strong, is a good wisp partner, and he counters some heroes like ember spirit well.
He was played a bit after the last patch but we have yet to see if he will stick around a bit.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » May 7, 2014 1:12am | Report
Whenever in AD when i see people get riki's ultimate 1st it really makes me sad, every1 thinks his ulti is good, when in fact it is the worst skill on riki, his smoke and passive are so strong. People just dont get it.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 7, 2014 2:41am | Report

Whenever in AD when i see people get riki's ultimate 1st it really makes me sad, every1 thinks his ulti is good, when in fact it is the worst skill on riki, his smoke and passive are so strong. People just dont get it.

all of this is true, however if playing support riki you would probably go maybe 4-2-2 and quite possibly get ulti first for the sake of easy warding, scouting etc. I think you would also rush a gem to deward

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » May 7, 2014 3:10am | Report
i always pick riki's ulti first, only to take all the heavy nukes after wards...
how does i feel to be nuked by someone and not know where they were in the first place? HEUAHEUHUEHUE

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Allegiance » May 7, 2014 3:19am | Report
He is squishy, melee and has no burst damage.
Just because he can get denies easily doesn't justify playing him as support. If your carry plays decent he should be able to get the denies by himself anyway.

Allegiance

Notable (9)
Steam: d4rkdest1ny
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 7, 2014 4:14am | Report
Allegiance wrote:

He is squishy, melee and has no burst damage.
Just because he can get denies easily doesn't justify playing him as support. If your carry plays decent he should be able to get the denies by himself anyway.

squishy isn't really a problem if you have perma invis and a blink, im not saying the deny makes him a support, im saying it adds to the possibility of playing him in that role. and really, no burst damage, thats just not true in any way, blink and backstab. Sure a carry can deny, but a riki can deny every single creep flawlessly, and harass easily with blink strike

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 7, 2014 4:35am | Report
The way i like my supports to play they shouldnt even be in lane, exept when they want to kill the offlaner.
The carry himself should controll the lane and deny. I myself find it really annoying to have supports screwing with creeps.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved