Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Aggro tri-lane help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Aggro tri-lane help 29 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » July 6, 2014 10:55am | Report
sulaxrox wrote:

Don't judge this one without considering it first: Abaddon Io Bristleback Agro tri.
The boosted speed on BB makes it far too easy to net kills, throw on Aphotic Shield and he will dive, boosted with Tether allowing him to regen a bit more mana, we had a 13-0 Bristleback and killed the throne in less than 20min. Try it out, the big thing that put us over the top were our ability to deny kills, Abaddon with his heal, wisp with just saving someone with Relocate. The idea behind this was to devastate Weaver to the point of no return and we did.
Here's the dotabuff: http://dotabuff.com/matches/734472681
try it Bristlegod is a beast if you abuse him right

The problem with that trilane is that you need at least a melee carry (or a melee Hero in general) in the enemy trilane to make it worth it in my opinion: if you want to push towers in little time just get Dazzle/Abaddon/Treant, Axe and a support with a stun (even Shadow Demon if you want a disable for the Berserker's Call). But even without melees, your trilane should prevent any carry from farming if done well.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » July 6, 2014 11:07am | Report
sulaxrox wrote:

try it Bristlegod is a beast if you abuse him right

You needed an Abaddon and an Io to help you Harrass someone out of a Lane? For shame! -_-

The problem with that trilane is that you need at least a melee carry (or a melee Hero in general) in the enemy trilane to make it worth it in my opinion: if you want to push towers in little time just get Dazzle/Abaddon/Treant, Axe and a support with a stun (even Shadow Demon if you want a disable for the Berserker's Call). But even without melees, your trilane should prevent any carry from farming if done well.

Honestly, I'd say the problem is that with a little crowd control, you can ignore the Bristle and slaughter the squishy ball. Even if you can dive at lvl2, Io can't handle getting focused, and with 0 Stuns, he's a pretty easy target.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » July 6, 2014 11:46am | Report
I tried Sand King + Slark + Lion. We made 1st blood, which evolved into a double kill on Terrorblade and Shadow Shaman. That trio is unstoppable early, trust me :).

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 6, 2014 1:17pm | Report
Krwiozerca wrote:

I tried Sand King + Slark + Lion. We made 1st blood, which evolved into a double kill on Terrorblade and Shadow Shaman. That trio is unstoppable early, trust me :).

It isnt.
Guys those lineups that you ran once are not unstoppable just becouse it had 2 stuns and was against a dual lane.

This lane for instance has 2 greedy supports who want to pull and jungle to get early blinks.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » July 6, 2014 1:30pm | Report
I good trilane I had once was this: Spectre (me :D), Witch Doctor and Vengeful Spirit (non-roaming, because why not.)

Two useful stand + maledict damage. Add that to Spectral Dagger slow. We got first blood against timbersaw, and the next 4 bloods afterwards. Best part? I bagged all the last hits. I began snowballing really hard and had a radiance in 14 min (MY BEST TIME (sad right?)). Needless to say, we won.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » July 6, 2014 4:26pm | Report
Krwiozerca wrote:

Timminatorr wrote:

It isnt.
Guys those lineups that you ran once are not unstoppable just becouse it had 2 stuns and was against a dual lane.

This lane for instance has 2 greedy supports who want to pull and jungle to get early blinks.

Agreed, it has some nice Lockdown, but there's no Damage until they get some Levels. Against a Hero that can keep them alive thorugh the damage, e.g. Abaddon, Dazzle, Treant Protector, etc. this Tri-Lane loses a lot of power. Since those Stuns have such little duration at lvl1, they're just asking to be turned on and Counter-Ganked. 8{(
ThreadOfFate wrote:

I good trilane I had once was this: Spectre (me :D), Witch Doctor and Vengeful Spirit (non-roaming, because why not.)

Two useful stand + maledict damage. Add that to Spectral Dagger slow. We got first blood against timbersaw, and the next 4 bloods afterwards. Best part? I bagged all the last hits. I began snowballing really hard and had a radiance in 14 min (MY BEST TIME (sad right?)). Needless to say, we won.

Uhh...Thread...this is about AggressiveTri-Lanes. You'd never go Aggressive with a Spectre anyway, she doesn't provide anything useful in Tri vs Tri.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » July 6, 2014 6:00pm | Report
when drafting an aggro tri i go by the simple rule of S.S.D

Stun
Slow
Damage

i build my tri around the fact that it needs at least one of each.

Stun - preferably an AoE stun, low mana cost, low cooldown and with damage attached
Slow - preferably a AoE slow or a "Dual" slow meaning both AS and MS.
Damage - high early game burst damage, preferably AoE.

by having at least one of each you are providing a consistent threat.

"Consistent threat" - by having a trilane that enforces a mentality upon the enemy tri that "step out or show ur face and were going to take it off", this either forces them to play Extra cautious allowing your aggro tri carry to farm or to make them try and force mid to gank where with proper warding you can reverse it around with rotations or just back off and let your mid gain extra lvls.

Aggro Trilanes heroes that provide S.S.D and are a consistent threat.

Support heroes.

[Leshrac] - AoE stun AoE damage and Burst damge with lighting storm.
[Ancient Apparition] - AoE slow, (unreliable) stun, and Gives extra damage to the aggro tri.
[Visage] - burst damage, slow, and survivability.
[Lion] - 2 disables, mana drain, once lvl 6, huge burst damage (this is a sit pick as he is quite greedy plus he doesnt really do much damage till lvl 6, best picked against a mana intensive tri as mana drain is sometimes more useful then a stun.)
[Bane] - burst damage with [Brain Sap], disables with nightmare, and damage reduction with enfeeble plus once lvl six high damage long lockdown ulti... this guy is epic in an aggro tri.
[Shadow Shaman] - this guy i have found works wonders in a trilane but depending on the build. maxed q and w he provides multiple hero burst damage and with his hex he provides lockdown of 3 + seconds without having to channel.
[Shadow Demon] - longe range harass, nice disable with additional damage and at lvl 1 his 20% bonus damage on a hero allows easy peezy first bloods.

Carry heroes.

[Wraith King] - one of the best stuns in the game, passive AoE lifesteal, 2 lives. nuff said.
[Alchemist] - overlooked aggro tri carry,but with a set up stun and good team work this guy ruins a defensive tri.
[Gyrocopter] - high early lvl burst damage, multiple targeting ability, long range stun. this guy with a good set up stun can get triple kills quickly.
[Huskar] - SUPER OVERLOOKED aggro tri carry, his lvl one damage is crazy and with good set up stuns he can decimate a strong defensive trilane.
[Sven] - huge AoE stun, armor increase to allies and cleave. in a well positioned aggro tri he will work wonder on squishy heroes.
[Mirana] - the ultimate aggro tri carry behind [Wraith King] in my eyes she provies an insane 5 sec stun at lvl one and with starfall maxed can do some serious AoE burst damage.
[Juggernaut] - blade fury. nuff said.

[Ancient Apparition] - [Leshrac] - [Wraith King]
[Visage] - [Gyrocopter] - [Shadow Demon]

2 aggro tri lanes that i have never lost with.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » July 6, 2014 6:07pm | Report
when drafting an aggro tri i go by the simple rule of S.S.D

Stun
Slow
Damage

i build my tri around the fact that it needs at least one of each.

Stun - preferably an AoE stun, low mana cost, low cooldown and with damage attached
Slow - preferably a AoE slow or a "Dual" slow meaning both AS and MS.
Damage - high early game burst damage, preferably AoE.

by having at least one of each you are providing a consistent threat.

"Consistent threat" - by having a trilane that enforces a mentality upon the enemy tri that "step out or show ur face and were going to take it off", this either forces them to play Extra cautious allowing your aggro tri carry to farm or to make them try and force mid to gank where with proper warding you can reverse it around with rotations or just back off and let your mid gain extra lvls.

Aggro Trilanes heroes that provide S.S.D and are a consistent threat.

Support heroes.

[Leshrac] - AoE stun AoE damage and Burst damge with lighting storm.
[Ancient Apparition] - AoE slow, (unreliable) stun, and Gives extra damage to the aggro tri.
[Visage] - burst damage, slow, and survivability.
[Lion] - 2 disables, mana drain, once lvl 6, huge burst damage (this is a sit pick as he is quite greedy plus he doesnt really do much damage till lvl 6, best picked against a mana intensive tri as mana drain is sometimes more useful then a stun.)
[Bane] - burst damage with [Brain Sap], disables with nightmare, and damage reduction with enfeeble plus once lvl six high damage long lockdown ulti... this guy is epic in an aggro tri.
[Shadow Shaman] - this guy i have found works wonders in a trilane but depending on the build. maxed q and w he provides multiple hero burst damage and with his hex he provides lockdown of 3 + seconds without having to channel.
[Shadow Demon] - longe range harass, nice disable with additional damage and at lvl 1 his 20% bonus damage on a hero allows easy peezy first bloods.

Carry heroes.

[Wraith King] - one of the best stuns in the game, passive AoE lifesteal, 2 lives. nuff said.
[Alchemist] - overlooked aggro tri carry,but with a set up stun and good team work this guy ruins a defensive tri.
[Gyrocopter] - high early lvl burst damage, multiple targeting ability, long range stun. this guy with a good set up stun can get triple kills quickly.
[Huskar] - SUPER OVERLOOKED aggro tri carry, his lvl one damage is crazy and with good set up stuns he can decimate a strong defensive trilane.
[Sven] - huge AoE stun, armor increase to allies and cleave. in a well positioned aggro tri he will work wonder on squishy heroes.
[Mirana] - the ultimate aggro tri carry behind [Wraith King] in my eyes she provies an insane 5 sec stun at lvl one and with starfall maxed can do some serious AoE burst damage.
[Juggernaut] - blade fury. nuff said.

[Ancient Apparition] - [Leshrac] - [Wraith King]
[Visage] - [Gyrocopter] - [Shadow Demon]

2 aggro tri lanes that i have never lost with.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » July 6, 2014 6:41pm | Report
http://dotabuff.com/matches/641787795
really pub strat trilane i did with my friends, Luna Venge and drow(support drow, trust me im a professinal :))

ALl of us grabed our auras at level and did a push tri-lane, took tower pretty fast if i remember correctly.

Lets ignore all the stupid that happened that game (like zues getting aura at level 1) and pretend that what we did was cool...

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » July 6, 2014 7:38pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

You needed an Abaddon and an Io to help you Harrass someone out of a Lane? For shame! -_-

Honestly, I'd say the problem is that with a little crowd control, you can ignore the Bristle and slaughter the squishy ball. Even if you can dive at lvl2, Io can't handle getting focused, and with 0 Stuns, he's a pretty easy target.

No no no, we weren't harassing them out of lane, we were killing them. That's fine to assume they could just kill the squishy ball, but Bristle turns fights int a cluster****, Aphotic Shield on that very squishy ball also earned first blood. The idea is, they're not going to win exchanges in any lane, the stats speak for themselves. Io provided the boost to secure kills, Aphotic Shield provided more staying power and damage, I mean do you want to deal with a rpaging Bristleback with a shield farting out quills and sneezing all over you? It doesn't look great on paper but it does work.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved