Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Armory Awaits!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » The Armory Awaits! 20 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Thaniel » December 28, 2011 1:45pm | Report
As far as hats go, I think that DotA could actually use some of the casual collection-based gameplay that hats and such would bring to the table. People get so bent out of shape over DotA matches.. I think it'd help ease the pain of losing an hour long match because of two feeders if it's still working toward your next Drow Ranger hood.

Thaniel

Notable (4)
Steam: Brennan3775
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » December 28, 2011 1:47pm | Report
Quoted:

As far as hats go, I think that DotA could actually use some of the casual collection-based gameplay that hats and such would bring to the table. People get so bent out of shape over DotA matches.. I think it'd help ease the pain of losing an hour long match because of two feeders if it's still working toward your next Drow Ranger hood.

I agree, well said.

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Thaniel » December 28, 2011 1:49pm | Report
Also, if they do crossover items, I am going to dig wearing my Prince Tavish's Crown from TF2 (http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/4/41/Prince_Tavish_Crown.png) on Skeleton King.

EDIT: Also, if you note the fact that the backpack on the shelf in the screenshot is identical to the one on the character edit menu in TF2... I think that means we're gonna see some Portal/TF2 crossover, if not each and every item being applicable to certain heroes. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad, though. I do hope they moderate which items find their way into DotA. I don't want to see people wearing certain hats in DotA that they would be in TF2...

Thaniel

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » December 28, 2011 1:56pm | Report
I saw a thread on reddit where they talked about"silly hats" the crown isn't silly, but cool. I'm just hoping the shop is not littered with silly "troll" hats.

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Thaniel » December 28, 2011 2:03pm | Report
And since both games are in the source engine... It'd take all of ten minutes to port a hat over to DotA from TF2 or Portal. Trust me, I used to model for the TF2's contributor system... I modeled my hats on a bust of Gordon Freeman with whichever TF2 character's head I was modeling it with files from Halflife 2, and I ported it to TF2 effortlessly. Moving things into another source game is going to be -very- easy and -VERY- profitable.

Thaniel

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DraGul » December 30, 2011 7:08am | Report
"Our windrunner is better, cause she has a hat!!111oneone"

DraGul

Steam: dragula1338
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Thaniel » December 30, 2011 7:31am | Report
Yeah, well our Sniper has Deux Ex Promotion Glasses!

Thaniel

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ixFusion » December 30, 2011 8:34am | Report
Sounds like more fun stuff that costs money that I can't afford. I'll just stick to my warcraft 3.

Lyralei, the Windrunner

ixFusion

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » December 30, 2011 12:55pm | Report
Quoted:

Sounds like more fun stuff that costs money that I can't afford. I'll just stick to my warcraft 3.

I'm going for broke on DotA 2 cosmetics.

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Plasmodium » December 31, 2011 8:39pm | Report
I think getting hats show other people you mean business! Pretty scary being Hooked by a pudge with a hockey mask!
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Plasmodium

Notable (13)
Steam: RetrtoTvirus

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved