Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Promotions

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » Promotions 13 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » December 1, 2011 10:54pm | Report
If people are eager to join and contribute to this community, we are happy to give them a warm welcome, and I hope that the rest of you will be too!! The more the merrier guys, it's better for us all. DOTAFire is entirely too young and fresh to be booing at excited newcomers!!

The people that we promoted contacted us directly and spoke with us about joining the team and helping out. That is awesome! And those of you that are active and continue to grow DOTAFire with us will eventually find yourselves promoted above Editor status :)

Atlas and Loveless, we hugely appreciate how quickly you guys jumped on this, please do not see this as diminishing your efforts in any way.

This community is growing every day, and we are fully dedicated to making it the best we can. You should be excited about that, not sad! :)

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FlashJ » December 1, 2011 11:18pm | Report
Right now the only requirement to be an editor is that you ask. It's not, nor was meant to be special status. There are other ranks for that, which people like you Atlas are heading towards. Most people don't want to spend all their time editing databases and we have found keeping the ability to do so to a small group can mean data falls out of date. We would like DOTAFire to have an army of editors keeping it fresh and accurate!

Editors are those in the community who care enough to just help out. Embrace them, they will make everyone's life a little better.

More promotions, titles and ranks will come.
"Did the primary buffer panel just fall off my goram ship!?" -- MR

FlashJ
<Administrator>

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LuvLes » December 2, 2011 7:08am | Report
FlashJ wrote:

Right now the only requirement to be an editor is that you ask. It's not, nor was meant to be special status. There are other ranks for that, which people like you Atlas are heading towards. Most people don't want to spend all their time editing databases and we have found keeping the ability to do so to a small group can mean data falls out of date. We would like DOTAFire to have an army of editors keeping it fresh and accurate!

Editors are those in the community who care enough to just help out. Embrace them, they will make everyone's life a little better.

More promotions, titles and ranks will come.
That doesn't mean you cant look for a sense of competency first. When I saw Atlas, Farfar and myself as editors, I figured you had to at least be somewhat active and/or competent to receive the position.

I just don't want to see a fiasco where someone goes and deletes content, that other Editors or an Admin, will have to fix. Just saying, there should be at least some pre-screening.

LuvLes

Remarkable (32)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved