Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Beginner group looks for new members to play and learn together

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Matchmaking » Beginner group looks for new members to play and learn together 49 posts - page 1 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Gogobronco » August 4, 2013 2:46pm | Report
Dota 2 by Mr. Nice Guy

Hi everyone,

we are `TheNiceGuys´, this group is made for everyone who wants to enjoy DOTA 2 with friendly and chilled people.

About the group:
I started this group because I really enjoy DOTA 2, but I really want to stop wasting my time with team mates who destroy my fun.
I'm sure all of you know this games, where people trash up the chat with hating each other, stop serious playing because they see no chance of winning, leave the game and never come back or join a game just to ruin the match and waste other peoples time.
Because of that this group is made for people who want to enjoy gaming, learn new startegies and taktiks together, and have a good time.

Who can join the group:
This group can join everyone, all ages, all nations and all experiences levels as long as you share our principles.
Female players don't need to worry because we are the Nice Guys, you'll become a Nice Guy by joining the group anyway ;-)
Newbies are welcome as well, and all members should try to help them if they can.
This group is set to private, because it's no goal of us to have as many menbers as possible. If you want to join, just add me as a friend.

The ten principles:
1. Have fun while gaming
2. Help your team with the best you got
3. If we loose, we never blame other teammates for their mistakes, look what you could have done better
4. Treat everyone with respect, teammates and enemies
5. Improve your game with parctice and discussions in the group
6. Help newbies to improve their play
7. Play in a team of good matching heroes
8. Wait at least 1-2 minutes if anybody in the game is disconnected
9. Mute haters by stomping their base
10. Kick some enemies ***!

The bahaviour in the group:
I'm still working on this section
It's made to help the group members to keep up our principles and some hints how to treat team members and enemies.
If we start a new match just tell your team what you're going to play and what kind of stragegy you want to focus.
If you're steaming and need to blow off in DOTA 2 just play alone and make sure no one of the group sees you ;-)

Your benefits from the group:
Your most importand benefit of the group is to avoid the worst side of DOTA 2, the haters, flamers, game destroyers and leavers.
This group should also help you by improving your play and give a plattform to try new strategies without any pressure.
There will be always a group of friendly and serious people available to group with and start a game, without any consider to end up in a team full of ****.

Short term goal:
Always have at least 3-5 group members available to start a game.

Long term goal:
Use this group beyond the borders of DOTA 2 for other games.

Secondary goal:
Build a serious DOTA 2 team if 5 or more competitive players are in this group and don't have enough challenge in games vs. random teams.

I'm not responsible for any mistakes in this text, because english isn't my first language ;-)

If you are interested add `Mr. Nice Guy´ on steam. (and don't forget the `´ )
my url: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058291031/

Gogobronco

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Skitterdone » August 4, 2013 4:42pm | Report
I like the idea. What timezone are you based in? Eastern US here.
NOOB
Learning. Mature gamer.

Skitterdone

Steam: SkitterDone
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by madlittlebeast » August 4, 2013 5:23pm | Report
sounds like a plan. Im in Australia, will add you tonight after work.....madlittlebeast

cheers

madlittlebeast

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AbsolF » August 4, 2013 10:36pm | Report
I would actually suggest making a Guild instead of a Group, being more integrated to the game and easily accessible just by opening the game client. In which case i will try to join.

Steam name to the right, SEA server by default. New players.

AbsolF

Notable (14)
Steam: Seth Rosenwell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Gogobronco » August 4, 2013 11:06pm | Report
hi, thanks for the replies and interest.

We are in UTC+1 middle Europe, but I've holiday for the next four weeks, so I'll be playing at different times.

I will check out the thing with the guild, I never dealt with it. I really like the opportunities of the steam group, so the steam group should remain in every case.

Gogobronco

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 5, 2013 1:27am | Report
Sounds like a nice Guild/Group to join. Here's a link to my Steam ID (searched, but didn't know which Mr.NiceGuy you were)

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Jazzyj » August 5, 2013 7:51am | Report
Hey,

I'm an EU player with experience behind me. I'm looking for a group similar to yours and I'd love to join in.

I can answer your questions here on the forum or you can just add me on steam : dredgz23

Jazzyj

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Gogobronco » August 5, 2013 11:14am | Report
Xyrus, I've added you.
But I'm off for some hours now. I'll be back at night or tomorrow.
See you then!

Gogobronco

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by burnz0083 » August 6, 2013 12:37am | Report
I would like to join please add me.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041996311/

http://dotabuff.com/players/81730583

I am based in Australia so play on AUS server but can play US West
[/img]

burnz0083

Steam: burnz0083
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JustDota » August 6, 2013 11:26am | Report
Sounds awesome. Steam ID on the right. Please add me as this is exactly what i am looking for. US time for me.
I am terrible but such things shall change!

JustDota

Steam: SecretCorvo7

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved