Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Phalox The End Bringer (Toggle Skill Based Carry)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Phalox The End Bringer (Toggle Skill Based Carry) 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » March 20, 2014 9:11am | Report

Phalox the End Bringer

Phalox was created to be a carry hero that can be very strong and is skill dependent. This hero has an unique capability to activate all his toggle skills at the same time. Therefore, this hero revolves around his toggle skills, which cost ridiculous amount of mana per second if used incorrectly. For the benchmark, Leshrac Pulse Nova costs 40 mana per second.

However, this hero is carry. That is why all his toggle skills acts as additional way for him to deliver scaling damage, not fixed amount of damage like Pulse Nova. This is why it's OP if I can just make his toggles on/off easily like Pulse Nova, therefore all his toggle skills have 8 seconds cool down (imagine Timbersaw Chakram)

In teamfight, he is going to be the carry that is quite durable because of his Static Core that grants him 30% chance to black incoming physical damage. He will do great damage with Static Core because it makes his attacks cleaving. Combined with Gravity Core and Plasma Core, his damages will be even greater.

To tell the truth, this hero's lore was inspired by Terminator lol. I posted this hero to help Smuggles get inspiration, hope this help Smuggles :D

Statistics

Faction: The Radiant
Primary Attribute: Strength
Attack Type: Melee
Roles: Carry, Durable

Str: 95 at 25 (23 + 3.0/level)
Agi: 66 at 25 (18 + 2.0/level)
Int: 82 at 25 (26 + 2.4/level)

Health: 1955 at 25
MP: 1066 at 25
Armor: 13.5 (3.1 base armor + 10.4) at 25
Movement: 295
Range: 150 (Melee)

Lore: “Thousands of years will pass. Thousands of decades will go. Nothing, however, will ever change.” The prophecy of the Great Prophets of ancients is true, it has been so long and the War still rages on. Generations after generation were born to witness the same occurrences of events: the war of the Radiant and the Dire. It had been thousands of years and the war is still unsettled, and it is questionable if the war will ever end.

Centuries to the future, both civilizations of the Radiant and the Dire have reached a whole new level of technology, capable of increasing their abilities tremendously. However, this will never lead the War to an end as well. Both of the factions are fated to continue burdening great losses and never to see peace. The prophets of the future understands this, and unwilling to see the war continues on, the decided to takes matter to their hand.

With combined magic of the prophets, as well as the most advanced technology, they attempted to send their most loyal and powerful guardian to the time of great past. They believe that the creatures of obsolete technology will be unable to face Phalox. Thus and therefore, Phalox was sent to the great past and bestowed with Multicore Blade, the strongest weapon of the future, as well as a quest to bring an end to the war.

As he arrived, he felt the energy around him. He gathered all the data he could find. His first thought in the world was “How come the energy of an ancient world be this high?” He knew, that this ancient world was not a weak and hopeless time. He knew, that his masters were wrong and that they sent him to a time space where the strongest heroes gather. Nonetheless, left without any means to go back and triggered with great loyalty he owns, Phalox lifted his blade and swore a vow that he shall not fail his masters’ trust. He swore a vow that he shall defeat anyone who stands between him and his quest. He swore a vow that he shall be known as the End Bringer of the war.

Skills

[Q] Static Core: The technology of Phalox’s blade allows him to imbue himself and his blade with a huge area of static field, allowing him to attack units farther away and blocking attacks with static effect. When this skill is active, Phalox gains cleaving attack and chance to negate physical attacks completely. The cleaving attack affects 360 degree from Phalox with 50% damage

- 350 radius cleave, 7.5% chance to block
- 450 radius cleave, 15% chance to block
- 550 radius cleave, 22.5% chance to block
- 650 radius cleave, 30% chance to block

Type: Toggle
Affect: Self
Damage: Physical

Block damage cool down: 0.1 second
Cast time: 0.15 seconds

MP Cost: 35 to activate, 10/15/20/25 per second
Cool Down: 8 seconds

Static electricity technology of the future affects more than hair and paper.

[W] Gravity Core: The End Bringer shifts the core of his blade to have heavier mass, therefore increasing the weight of his blow and changing gravity around it. When the skill is active, Phalox slows units he hits and have chance to stun the units with bonus damage.

- 10% slow, 10% chance to bash 1 second for 50 bonus damage
- 15% slow, 10% chance to bash 1.25 seconds for 65 bonus damage
- 15% slow, 20% chance to bash 1.25 seconds for 65 bonus damage
- 20% slow, 20% chance to bash 1.5 seconds for 80 bonus damage

Damage: Physical

Bash cool down: 1.6 seconds
Cast Time: 0.15 seconds
Slow Duration: 1 second

MP Cost: 50 to activate, 30 per second

The difference of gravity and weight differs the force of steel or cotton

[E] Plasma Core: The blade of Phalox is capable to change itself entirely to a form of condensed gas heat called plasma, burning them from the source of wound with great damage. Units hit by the End Bringer under this skill will get damaged over 2 second that is counted by 20 pulses. This effect will stack and refresh with every hit until the stack reaches 4. This skill will also increase physical damage taken if the units hit have 4 stacks

- 40 damage per stack, 5% bonus damage
- 60 damage per stack, 10% bonus damage
- 80 damage per stack, 15% bonus damage
- 100 damage per stack, 20% bonus damage

Bonus Damage: Physical
Cast Time: 0.15 seconds

MP cost: 50 to activate, 35 per second

Apply water to burned area? Nope, it won’t help

[] Multicore Blade: The legendary Multicore Blade given by the future Prophets to Phalox, like the name suggests, allows the End Bringer to activate many different cores at the same time, substantially increasing affectivity of his skills. This skill allows all toggle skills to be used at the same time. All MP costs of active toggle skill will stacks up. Gravity Core and Plasma Core will also affect units hit by cleave from Static Core if all are simultaneously activated. Cleaving attacks from Static Core are treated as single attack for Gravity Core and Plasma Core, therefore applying both effects individually to each enemies hit.

- 30% increase of accumulated MP cost
- 0% increase of accumulated MP cost
- 30% decrease of accumulated MP cost

Type: Passive
Affects: Self

The cutting-edge of the most advanced technology allows Phalox to defy physics
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » March 21, 2014 3:58pm | Report
I think this is an interesting idea, I just have a few questions. First, what is the percentage of damage on the cleave that comes from static core? Next, I'm guessing the slow from gravity core does not stack with multiple hits like Meepo's Geostrike.

I love the idea of the ultimate allowing multiple skills to be used at the same time and I think the mana cost level scaling with the ultimate is nice.

Another great guide in my opinion, well done.

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » March 21, 2014 4:46pm | Report
Thank you again BK! So nice to see you again :D

I actually intended to give plasma core damage to be full on the effect of static core. What do you think about that? I'm actually thinking to reduce plasma core to 20/40/60/80 damage. And yeah, the gravity core slow doesn't stack.

Once again, I'm very thankful for you to comment and praise my concept. So, thank you. Hope to see you again ^^
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved