Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Farr The Metallurgist (Item Based Hero)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Farr The Metallurgist (Item Based Hero) 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » December 30, 2013 7:30am | Report

Farr The Metallurgist

Alright, so this guy here is an item based hero, which I have been dying to see since dota 1. His ultimate skill is capable of refreshing his allies' item, much alike of the refresher orb. This is very important in war. His skills are also interesting since he can give an effect of his item to ally hero or tower, or even disabling enemy item effects.

His Smelt skills can be a very effective way to slow down enemy while strengthening ally. This skill can be a very threatening skill even until late game. It allows The Metallurgist to even go solo to kill his enemy heroes. Imagine an enemy hero being slowed down by 24% move speed and 60% attack speed, weaken by 150% base attack damage and 150% base armor. Furthermore being slowed by 30% move speed by static tower ward. He can also increase his killing capability with the very smelting skill, effectively doubling base armor and damage. It seems interesting, but the cost is also pretty high. Although the Smelt skill is not very mana consumptive, to get the most of it he needs to continually cast it to get to the 3rd stack. Imagine that you are a strength hero and you need to continually cast a spell that needs 70 MP each, very. painful. for. you.

Statistics

Faction: The Radiant
Primary Attribute: Strength
Attack Type: Melee
Roles: Support, Pusher, Semi-Carry

Str: 82 at 25 (22 + 2.5/level)
Agi: 55 at 25(14 + 1.7/level)
Int: 73 at 25(20+2.2/level)

Health: 1708 at 25
MP: 949 at 25
Armor: 7.9 at 25
Movement: 290
Range: 180 (melee)

Lore: Farr was an elfish blacksmith living in the great elven city of Lyndor. His smelting skills were second to none, and thus he was hired by the King Aratheil to serve as imperial blacksmith. He served hundreds of years under the protection of King Aratheil until one day the human betrayed their alliance and attacked the city of Lyndor. Thanks to steels forged by Farr, Lyndor managed to survive and force the human to surrender after losing most of their army. Aratheil however, died later on due to a poison from a human assassin. This caused Farr to be devastated and decided to leave Lyndor.

He then set on a journey to improve his skills in blacksmith; being a vagabond from one great city to another, selling his service in the midst of war to repair everything in a blink of an eye, creating various towers to appear from thin air to smite his enemies, destroying the weapons and armors of his enemies, he is later known throughout the word with one name: The Metallurgist.

Skills
[Q] Smelt: Farr smelt the armor and weapon of a unit or building, increasing or decreasing armor and damage. If Metallurgy has been learned, it also increases or decreases attack and movement speed.

- 20% damage and armor, 5% attack speed and 2% move speed
- 30% damage and armor, 10% attack speed and 4% move speed
- 40% damage and armor, 15% attack speed and 6% move speed
- 50% damage and armor, 20% attack speed and 8% move speed

Type: Target - unit or buildings
Affect: Both ally or enemy

Cast Range: 275
Duration: 15 Seconds
MP Cost: 40/50/60/70
Cool Down: 5 Seconds

Farr's legendary smelting skill is legendary

[W] Tower Ward: A ward is created based on The Metallurgist's knowledge of metal. With Metallurgy, he can create more types of wards. BAT: 2.2 (2.2 seconds interval) and 650 Attack Range

- 200 HP, 3 armor, 12-16 damage
- 325 HP, 4 armor, 24-28 damage
- 450 HP, 5 armor, 36-40 damage
- 575 HP, 6 armor, 52-56 damage

Type: Target - ground

Duration: 60 Seconds
MP Cost: 75/90/105/120
Cool Down: 30 Seconds
Cast Range: 600

B-but there was no tower here!?!

[E] Metallurgy: Farr's knowledge of metal increases in the midst of battle, increasing the affectivity of all his skills. Activate to change mode for tower ward to pick which ward to summon, if Metallurgy level is appropriate. This skill basically act like synergy skill in Lone Druid, to enhance all skills Farr possesses

Smelt:
- Smelt now influence speed
- Smelt is now stackable, with maximum of 3 stacks and reduce
cool down to 2 seconds
- Add Farr's first item effect to ally hero or ward on 3rd stack
- Randomly disable the effect of 1 item per stack to enemy

Tower Ward:
- Gatling Tower: Triple attack speed of the tower ward with 60% damage
- Siege Tower: Add splash effect to tower ward and have 150% damage
- Laser Tower: Add 20% critical strike for 2x damage. It has 2x damage
- Static Tower: Add 30% move slow and damage all enemies in 800 AoE

Mass Repair: Reduce Cool Down (250/200/150/100)

The Metallurgist is but a man without his metal mastery

[R] Mass Repair: The Metallurgist collects all of his knowledge to completely repair every item of ally heroes, refreshing all items cool down.

-MP Cost: 325
-MP Cost: 450, also disable enemies' active items
-MP Cost: 575, also disable enemies' item secondary effects (aura, unique attack modifier, chance effects, etc.)

Duration: 5 Seconds
AoE: 1200
Scepter Upgradable: Change effect to global range
Base Cool Down: 300 Seconds, change with Metallurgy

Now, check if your items are broken!
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 30, 2013 8:15am | Report
you know... its a nice concept but you will have to include BAT for the wards because the laser wards look SICK(pew pew :3)

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » December 30, 2013 8:23am | Report
Oh yeah, thanks dude I kinda forget about that. I have been thinking about normal creep attack speed for quite some time now I forgot to write it down lol. So... probably around 2.2? Yeah, the laser ward is SICK. But it only hits one enemy at a time and not to mention it needs level 3 metallurgy, so it can't even be taken at least until level 5 (if you take 3 metallurgy and tower ward won't hit that hard).
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 30, 2013 9:07am | Report
yeah that sorts it out :D

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved