Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Chiron The Incarnation (Greek Myth Based Hero)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Chiron The Incarnation (Greek Myth Based Hero) 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » April 2, 2014 12:06am | Report

Chiron The Incarnation

Chiron was first created based on a greek mythology of Chiron the centaur. Some of the stories said that he was the one called the sagittarius, the best hunter. Some said that he is the wisest of all. However, one adjacent point and name is that he is known as the teacher that taught some of even the greatest gods. I thought it would be interesting to create a hero based on Centaur born, which we know is obviously strength, however, plays like an intelligent hero / archer.

This hero is a centaur archer that has a high strength and intelligence, with the gameplay of a nuker/durable, which can also become semi-carry in the early game. His sagittarius arrow is his nuking/last hit skill that deals pure damage and cannot be disjointed/blocked/evaded at all. His other two skills are both active skills that increases his durability.

However, his most interesting point is that his ultimate skill is a skill similar to Spirit Form that change form, that changes the effectivity of all his skills. This skill is what causes this hero to be dangerous later on in game, potentially making him a late carry as well. Nonetheless, he is very skill-oriented, with all 4 skills active skills. This can be a great disadvantage when fighting those that can do silence.

Statistics

Faction: The Radiant
Primary Attribute: Strength
Attack Type: Range
Roles: Semi-Carry, Nuker, Durable

Str: 80 at 25 (20 + 2.5/level)
Agi: 65 at 25 (17 + 2.0/level)
Int: 77 at 25 (24 + 2.2/level)

Health: 1670 at 25
MP: 1001 at 25
Armor: 13.5 (4.3 base armor + 9.2) at 25
Movement: 310
Range: 550

It is said that once every millennia, one kin of the vast creations would receive a great blessing of having a God or Goddess incarnating as one of them. The centaur clan was one of those kin, having the God of Magic himself born into one of them. Chiron was his name, a centaur cub with limitless magic potential dwelling within him.

Before Chiron starts to walk, he already casted his first fireball – a phenomenon worthy to be admired by every single mage in the planes – but not the centaurs. As soon as the fireball poof into the air, his centaur father was furious, ashamed of a shameful talent his son has. A young and helpless cub was thrown away by his father, later taken under the rooftop of the Chief of the Centaur race.

As a cub, Chiron was raised under the wisdom of the Chief. He was taught to always keep his talent hidden, and as son of the Centaur Chief he has to be a better “artist” than his people. Now a young adult, he is seen by his people as a promising successor of the current chief, proficient with every weapon: from a long bow to a blade.

Years passed and Chiron is now an adult, a master in every weapon art and a legitimate successor of the chief. Nonetheless, despite the great strength Chiron holds, he is never once satisfied. The more he learns how to wield a blade, the more he thirsts for greater power. The more he learns how to shoot a bow, the more he knows that there are many stronger.

When the time comes and Chiron is almost anointed, he ran away from the clans in pursuit of greater power. He knew if he stays, he wouldn’t get any stronger than the boundary of physical world. However, by doing so he breaks the blessing of the Gods for the Centaur clan, giving him a curse of an unending life in mortal realm, never again to return as the rank of the Gods.

None knows how many eons have passed since, and Chiron used all those time to his ambition – to learn about true power. With his boundless potential in magic taking form in what he has mastered, the combat way of many weapons, Chiron is indeed a frightening force. Never once, however, that Chiron ceases to learn. Away from the society, only those very fortunate – or unfortunate if they wake his anger – can ever meet him. To be shown the great wisdom he learned in eons, the great power he spent every second pursuing, or better - the true form of God of Magic.

All that’s heard of him are the whispers of his many names, known in every single myth there is; The Sagittarius, The Great Teacher, The Wisest Being, The One Who Understands, but as the war wakes and his appearance are seen by more beings than in the centuries, he has gained a new name. Now, Chiron is known as he who has gained absolute wisdom, and greatest power. Now, a mention of The Incarnation has made the strongest shivers in fear, for he knows that what he shall face is God incarnated.

Skills

[Q] Sagittarius Arrow: Chiron combines his astute marksmanship with an extremely accurate homing magic and piercing charm as he shot his bow, dealing damage to a target and everything that the arrow passes through. This skill deals pure damage and cannot be disjointed at all (by blink nor invisible), also passes through immunity or deflection for the target and mini-stunning the target.

- 60 damage
- 90 damage
- 120 damage
- 150 damage

Damage: Pure
Type: Target point / unit
Affect: Enemy units

MP Cost: 70/80/90/100
Cool Down: 10/8/6/4 Seconds
Cast Range: 1200

None can escape the Sagittarius

[W] Arcane Guard: Chiron creates a divine armor chanted with ancient magic long forgotten that protects him or his allies from any harm. Blocks a set amount of incoming damage, whether it is magical or physical and grants the target extra MP regeneration for an amount of duration.

- 200 damage block, 3 MP regeneration + 10% total MP regeneration
- 300 damage block, 6 MP regeneration + 10% total MP regeneration
- 400 damage block, 6 MP regeneration + 20% total MP regeneration
- 500 damage block, 9 MP regeneration + 20% total MP regeneration

Type: Target Unit
Affects: Allied Heroes

MP Cost: 60/80/100/120
Cool down: 20 Seconds
Duration: 16/18/20/22 seconds or until damage collapses

A God will never die to mere mortals

[E] Lore Blades: Chiron shapes his magical energy into the shape of blades that floats around him, imparting part of his knowledge to the blade to protect him and smite his enemies. Creates 3 blades that can attack individually and be controlled, each blade can only go 400 range away from The Incarnation. The blades will always have higher priority than the hero in any situation, meaning that creeps and towers will always attack the blades, then Chiron. Any damage dealt to Chiron while the blades are still around is split evenly to Chiron and the rest of the blades.

- 175 HP, 2 armor, 15-18 damage each
- 250 HP, 2 armor, 26-29 damage each
- 250 HP, 5 armor, 37-40 damage each
- 325 HP, 5 armor, 48-51 damage each

Type: No Target
Affect: None
MP Cost: 100/130/160/190
Cool Down: 20 seconds

Timed Life: 15 Seconds
BAT: 2.1 (2.1 Seconds Interval)
Bounty: 30-40 each
Range: Melee (150)
Base Move Speed: 400

My blades shall end your story and protect mine

[D] Wield Blade: Chiron combine his magical energy that was on the shapes of 3 blades into 1 blade and wield it, changing his attack range to melee and giving bonus based on True Form level. This skill is automatically upgraded when the ultimate skill is taken, and will have no effect if the Lore Blades is yet to be taken. This skill can only be used under True Form state. Under this skill, if enemy has lower spell resistance than physical resistance Chiron’s attacks are not cut by armor but by spell resistance instead. Lasts as long as Lore Blades remaining timed life.

- 20% combined damage as bonus damage, 10% bonus attack speed
- 35% combined damage as bonus damage, 15% bonus attack speed
- 50% combined damage as bonus damage, 20% bonus attack speed

Type: No target
Affects: Self

MP Cost: 0
Cast Time: 0.35 Second

[R] True Form: The Incarnation unleashes his true form as the God of Magic, increasing the proficiency of all his skills and enable Wield Blade skill to be activated. In this form, Sagittarius Arrow deals HP removal damage and gain bonus damage. Arcane Guard gains bonus damage reduction and reflects part of damage split evenly to 400 radius.

Sagittarius Arrow
- 4% enemy max HP as bonus damage
- 7% enemy max HP as bonus damage
- 10% enemy max HP as bonus damage

Arcane Guard
- 4% sum of HP and MP as bonus damage block, 15% damage reflection
- 8% sum of HP and MP as bonus damage block, 20% damage reflection
- 12% sum of HP and MP as bonus damage block, 25% damage reflection

Type: No target
Affects: Self
Cool Down: 60 Seconds

Duration: 30 Seconds
MP Cost: 225
Cast Time: 0.5 Second

Beware! The God in his true form!
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Gindi » April 3, 2014 12:08am | Report
I just think that shield... 22s duration , 20s cooldown, perma block 500 damage at a okay mana cost.
"Dreams can come true, IF you lend me your credit card"

Gindi

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » April 3, 2014 12:44am | Report
First of all, thank you for the feedback :)

Okay, so that's what you think? I'm not quite sure myself actually. I first gave the thinking that it's not too OP because 500 damage both magical and physical will disappear quickly. Considering the damage aren't blocked by armor/resistance. I tried to compare it with Flame Guard that guards 400 magical damage and I thought it's fine. About the cooldown, I compared it with Refraction that can last 16 seconds with 16 seconds cooldown. I suppose having 20 seconds cooldown is just harder because he can't re establish the shield if it is broken before 20 seconds, so not quite permanent.

However, I also think that my balancing is not quite right, so any suggestion and solution will be highly appreciated please :D
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 6, 2014 11:03am | Report
Awesome.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 7, 2014 8:39am | Report
Thanks Sofa! :D

Mind to share some feedback or which point is awesome? If not it's fine anyway, I'm happy to know that you think it's awesome lol
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 7, 2014 9:11am | Report
It's so awesome that I have nothing to say about it! ;)

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 7, 2014 9:39am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

It's so awesome that I have nothing to say about it! ;)

Lol, okay then, thank you very much! ;D
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved