Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Question bomb from a semi-noob

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Question bomb from a semi-noob 32 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » November 6, 2013 12:31pm | Report
SmoothRide wrote:

Okay! More questions!

Does silence/no mana stop passive abilities? I'm sure there are some passives blocked by silence but in general.

Silence only limits the ability to use active skills, the exceptions are Doombringer and Disruptor's ults which both limit active skills, most passive skills, and all activatable items.

A lack of mana won't stop a passive because a passive is a no-cost always active ability (unless disabled by Disruptor or Doombringer), I think what you meant by passive is auto-cast abilities such as ability modifiers like Viper's Poison Attack. These auto-cast abilities are treated as active skills (because they can be manually casted and toggle the ability of being auto-casted on or off), and any thing with a cost will obviously be unusable if you lack the ability to pay the cost. In this case Viper's 20 mana cost for Poison Attack, if you have 19 mana then you can't use it. But if a passive ability is in question then the lack of mana has nothing to do with it as previously stated due to the lack of a cost.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » November 6, 2013 2:41pm | Report
SmoothRide wrote:

Okay! More questions!

Does silence/no mana stop passive abilities? I'm sure there are some passives blocked by silence but in general.

They don't stop Passives in general, but Permanent Invisibility is the only exception I can think of.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved