Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Yet another Sniper Discussion.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Yet another Sniper Discussion. 42 posts - page 3 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » February 23, 2015 3:31pm | Report
sniper is trash.

he isnt a mid hero.

hes a safe lane carry.

how to beat a mid sniper?

this...

lc went mid everybody was like lc against sniper ...fuuurkkk we lost.

i was na its good guys i got this. ill help u lc.

i went roaming ogre...

roaming = win games

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » February 23, 2015 5:02pm | Report
DoubleR2013 wrote:

No, the only way to look at bot games is within the client

:c

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 23, 2015 6:35pm | Report
stop copying my ":c" :c

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Anteater » February 23, 2015 8:07pm | Report
I have a somewhat relevant question: Can Outworld Devourer's Astral Imprisonment be used to disjoint Sniper's Assassinate? I know of a few heroes that can avoid the hit, but I wasn't sure about this spell in particular. No one talked about it in the threads that I've read on this matter.

If that is the case - and with OD being used on a moderate basis (at least in games I've played and spectated) - wouldn't this become a problem for Sniper and his viability?

Anteater

Notable (1)
Steam: radium
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 23, 2015 8:11pm | Report
1)Yes.
2) not really. you can disjoint the projectile with all blinks and magic invulnerability items.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Anteater » February 23, 2015 8:15pm | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

1)Yes.
2) not really. you can disjoint the projectile with all blinks and magic invulnerability items.

BKB doesn't cut the "pure damage" from the projectile, if I'm not mistaken - only the magical aspect. That's USUALLY enough to save your rear, though.

Anteater

Notable (1)
Steam: radium
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » February 23, 2015 8:23pm | Report
want to know what else u can do ....

disjoint it with smoke.

that game above as ogre.... i did just that ...

come

at

me....

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » February 24, 2015 12:19am | Report
The smuggles is here to roaming support Hamstertamer. Too bad sniper killed him from 950 range away.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » February 24, 2015 4:17am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

sniper is trash.

he isnt a mid hero.

hes a safe lane carry.

how to beat a mid sniper?

this...

lc went mid everybody was like lc against sniper ...fuuurkkk we lost.

i was na its good guys i got this. ill help u lc.

i went roaming ogre...

roaming = win games

You can ruin a lot of mids that way. Lina is trash? Silencer is trash? Shadow Fiend is trash? Please.

Sniper is a very strong hero if he is given a good start and he know how to position himself, stop claiming him trash, what if I claim Earth Spirit trash because all ESes I've met miss 70% of their skills.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 24, 2015 4:31am | Report
I still dont really like sniper, in the professional scene he is a bit of a trend. His winrate there is dropping and already below 50%.

Personally i think you should put him mid since he farms way too slow for a safelane carry. And then help him with supports to either win mid or countergank mid.
And even then you need to protect him in fights with tanky distractions and not have heroes who can easily reach him against you.

Also dotabuffs dont prove anything. Anyone believes that a scrubby sniper with 0 awareness can be crushed with ganks.
And anyone also believes that a scrubby team that lets a sniper pew pew all the time is horrible.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved