Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Worst experience on Dota 2

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Worst experience on Dota 2 45 posts - page 5 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » September 18, 2013 3:50am | Report
DD11 wrote:

ok listen to this,

My team, huskar top/weaver bot/timbersaw mid/naix woods and I picked a veno.

Ok so I go bottom, the weaver goes nuts f u noob I want solo f u go top.... sigh ok i go top, huskar goes nuts f u veno go bot I want solo both of them pinging like crazy ..... I mean wtf.

So i say sod it I will go bot and pull, weaver griefs me like you wouldnt believe, was genuinely amazed, I stack the first pull, then the naix just comes and eats my stack... and then he starts griefing me because i am messing up his 'jungle rotation'

Seriosuly worst match of my life, we won the game but honestly didnt matter. It was that game that made me say you know what **** this community, just find match pick hero and ignore people. It is safest and most hassle free experience.

Rosh pit is always open lol.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Irasian » September 18, 2013 4:03am | Report
DD11 wrote:

ok listen to this,

My team, huskar top/weaver bot/timbersaw mid/naix woods and I picked a veno.

Ok so I go bottom, the weaver goes nuts f u noob I want solo f u go top.... sigh ok i go top, huskar goes nuts f u veno go bot I want solo both of them pinging like crazy ..... I mean wtf.

So i say sod it I will go bot and pull, weaver griefs me like you wouldnt believe, was genuinely amazed, I stack the first pull, then the naix just comes and eats my stack... and then he starts griefing me because i am messing up his 'jungle rotation'

Seriosuly worst match of my life, we won the game but honestly didnt matter. It was that game that made me say you know what **** this community, just find match pick hero and ignore people. It is safest and most hassle free experience.

Should have farmed ancients :P
That happens to me sometimes too as in your stuck with a really obnoxious team but thankfully it doesn't happen often though the times that I get stuck with this kind of team really sticks out unfortunately.
On the flip side it is really good when you get a decently supportive team that appreciates when you actually do things good like warding proper or even just dropping the gj when gank goes well.

Irasian

Notable (2)
Steam: Irasian
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » September 18, 2013 5:16am | Report
My "worst experience on Dota" is about super tryhards with tryhard lineups: they probably were a 5-men stack and, as I saw they picked both Ursa and Skeleton King, me ( Chaos Knight) and my friend playing as Ancient Apparition knew they were probably going to rosh at level 1. So, my friend goes to ward near the Rosh pit and, as he looks inside, he sees all the enemies trying to defeat Roshan while our teammates didn't care and took advantage of the free farm. So, AA gets first blood by killing someone that was at very low health (I'm pretty sure it was Skeleton King) and gets another kill (probably on the enemy Riki, if I remember well) as there was no lifsteal anymore for them and they didn't mind having an enemy just outside the Rosh pit, ready to kill you whenever your health dropped.
In the end, they all mass-disconnected from the server while I was enjoying my farm and our support already had enough money to buy half a Mekansm. It was a quite "fun" match, but knowing that there are teams that just play for winning instead of having fun makes me feel sad. They could've just kept playing after the two deaths and maybe tried to Rosh after a couple of minutes.

Also, I'm quite confused about some of these "worst experiences":

Guess what? Played a match as Outworld in the last week. A guy picked Lone Druid and said he wanted to solo our 'safe lane' and of course we didn't agree because that wouldn't make sense, Druid is way better in the jungle and we would have to put 3 supports in the hard lane, I was mid. [...]

I actually think the match could've gone way better with a solo off-lane Lone Druid and a trilane made of supports (provided they all knew how to trilane): LD is actually better in lane since he can farm more and occasionally get kills; he may be worse than he was before the bear dropped 300 gold on death but, seriously, do pub players know that? On the other side, the three supports should've had enough crowd control to score more than one kill.

danchan wrote:

[...] i just had 3 games in a row where i am the only one that doesn't speak spanish. my last game i was darkseer long lane. For some reason one of the 15 year old wanted to solo op lane as undying... so jakario and tiny came down and joined me. I've never been so under level as darkseer. [...]

You could've gone to jungle, which is a pretty common thing for a Dark Seer.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Onin » September 19, 2013 9:21am | Report
Some people just take the game too seriously. People have bad games or are trying new heroes or are just new to the game or speak another language or randomed meepo. That is just part of the game but the way people react to these types of things is what annoys me the most.

People start crying about their team at the drop of a hat. In my last game I literally had someone ask that I was reported because I ran from a 3 v 1 deep in enemy territory when I had 5% health and no mana on a lich. Meanwhile I was the guy buying wards and setting up ganks for the entire game.

Some of the best games though are when the team doesn't complain about early losses or ganks but rallies back to win.

Onin

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JuggernautNukes » September 26, 2013 8:35am | Report
Played a game yesterday, we were far behind and then i got a disconnect - managed to get in 6mins later - and even if i was "kicked out" and the game was save to leave, rejoined it and played until the end and did my best.

Today i logged in and now im in low priority - for one game leave i couldnt do anything about.

I begin to hate this game - the community is so ****py... -_-

JuggernautNukes

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved