Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MID

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » MID 27 posts - page 2 of 3

Poll Question:

What is the most important aspect of laning mid to you?
Rune Control
Ganks
Taking tower
Levels
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 24, 2013 5:32pm | Report
Vash wrote:

Personally, I kinda don't like that I'm restricted to pick only one choice in the survey... In my experience, playing the mid has a sort of domino effect. If you're a good mid and control the runes, you'll be able to dominate the opponent and increase your levels. These early levels allow you to move out of lane and gank the opponent or take the tower and give the team a healthy chunk of gold.

I'm probably not saying anything you guys don't already know... I just don't get why we are forced to choose the most critical aspect of the operation. It's sorta like asking what's your favorite piece of your car (The wheels, engine, etc.)? You may be able to pick your favorite part, but without putting them all together, it doesn't work effectively.

Untrue

I actually should've made the options a combination. Like Ganking/Rune Control and Tower/Levels, or something along the lines.
Can't remake or edit polls though.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » January 24, 2013 5:40pm | Report
Dota 2 Is at its finest a team game. Therefore you need to work as a team. If you had a choice of Levels and Gold for a cary I would chose gold. This is because a cary is a hero that uses gold more effectively than other heros.

Because of this you have to give your cary guarantied farm and if you try to send a cary mid with out help the other team will see this and send a strong mid to counter you.

Also the reason mid lane gives faster gold and exp. is not to give them a edge later but to make up for time they will spend out of lane.

Quoted:
This is strictly a discussion about mid, the point of playing mid, and what makes a successful mid. This is mostly limited to average to high priority matches and low skilled bracket to be left out

In a high skill game they will counter you if you have a mid vulnerable to ganks. In to many competitive games have the two supports smoke gank mid for a kill. Of the top of my head I can think of one game were LGDint was playing ForLove and LGDint got a double kill on the same hero from that.

Mid needs to allow other importation lanes to win
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 24, 2013 5:54pm | Report
Mirror wrote:

Dota 2 Is at its finest a team game. Therefore you need to work as a team. If you had a choice of Levels and Gold for a cary I would chose gold. This is because a cary is a hero that uses gold more effectively than other heros.

Because of this you have to give your cary guarantied farm and if you try to send a cary mid with out help the other team will see this and send a strong mid to counter you.

Also the reason mid lane gives faster gold and exp. is not to give them a edge later but to make up for time they will spend out of lane.

In a high skill game they will counter you if you have a mid vulnerable to ganks. In to many competitive games have the two supports smoke gank mid for a kill. Of the top of my head I can think of one game were LGDint was playing ForLove and LGDint got a double kill on the same hero from that.

Mid needs to allow other importation lanes to win

I think you misunderstand where everyone is coming up with levels. They, not I, believe that playing mid is important to stick to your lane and get a level advantage. Many people have told me that rune control is irrelevant. Yes, obviously being in a solo lane gives more exp, but they're suggesting just winning the lane and mostly ignoring other lanes.

I personally believe mid has to have a combination of Ganks and Rune control to be successful, you'll already be above side-lane level from being mid anyways.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » January 24, 2013 5:58pm | Report
Oh, I might not have been clear in my above post, I voted for gank/rune as the importance
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 24, 2013 6:05pm | Report
Mirror wrote:

Oh, I might not have been clear in my above post, I voted for gank/rune as the importance

Lol, I think I'm the only one who has voted for rune control...

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » January 24, 2013 6:10pm | Report
Levels. Levels levels levels.

It's kind of a tree that breaks off, but at the roots, every hero that goes mid goes because they need levels there. The base of the tree would be either farm, ganking or taking tower. I guess the branches would be late-game role, such as semi-carry, support, initiator, etc. But every hero that goes mid (and I'm talking heroes that should go mid, not like Drow where you can go mid, but a hero that can make use out of the lane) goes for the levels above all else, THEN there are different things each hero can and should do.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 24, 2013 6:13pm | Report
Atlas wrote:

Levels. Levels levels levels.

It's kind of a tree that breaks off, but at the roots, every hero that goes mid goes because they need levels there. The base of the tree would be either farm, ganking or taking tower. I guess the branches would be late-game role, such as semi-carry, support, initiator, etc. But every hero that goes mid (and I'm talking heroes that should go mid, not like Drow where you can go mid, but a hero that can make use out of the lane) goes for the levels above all else, THEN there are different things each hero can and should do.

I can't agree with that, if you end up on the same level as a side-lane but you've had every rune since 0:00, and have had a successful gank on your easy lane, then I believe that is much more important.

My system is more of a bonsai, where you need to trim the excess variables.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nryn » January 24, 2013 6:17pm | Report
I didn't vote because I can't pick just 1. Like what Vash wrote I do think those 4 affect each other in a way.

Levels give me better skills to gank.
Successful ganking gives me, or at least halts the enemnies' levels and gold.
Rune control keeps me in the field without relying to bottle-crow, plus i get a powerup.
Taking tower is the least of my concerns though. The closer the enemy is to the river, the easier I could probably gank them.

nryn

Notable (1)
Steam: rice_in_a_bowl
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 24, 2013 6:19pm | Report
nryn wrote:

I didn't vote because I can't pick just 1. Like what Vash wrote I do think those 4 affect each other in a way.

Levels give me better skills to gank.
Successful ganking gives me, or at least halts the enemnies' levels and gold.
Rune control keeps me in the field without relying to bottle-crow, plus i get a powerup.
Taking tower is the least of my concerns though. The closer the enemy is to the river, the easier I could probably gank them.

Well, which one enables the other two the most? I still believe its mostly in rune control.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » January 24, 2013 6:23pm | Report
xCO2 wrote:

I can't agree with that, if you end up on the same level as a side-lane but you've had every rune since 0:00, and have had a successful gank on your easy lane, then I believe that is much more important.

My system is more of a bonsai, where you need to trim the excess variables.

And if you're against a QoP or Disruptor, where you are simply not going to have rune control at all? Levels are still the base factor here.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved