Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Luna + Pugna : Glass Cannon Synergistic Focus Fire Harassment

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » General Discussion » Luna + Pugna : Glass Cannon Synergistic Focus Fire Harassment 25 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » July 6, 2013 6:45am | Report
Imagine if a concept existed that could be properly expressed which revealed how dota can clearly be imbalanced?

Imagine that game developers, deep down, understand this... but because no one has come forth with an expression that makes the person speaking it sound sane, no one takes him seriously...

You approach the experts, pros, and developers with the phrase "Glass cannon synergistic focus fire harassment" and then they just raise an eyebrow at you in front of the entire community and say "What kind of crack are you smoking?"

Then no one takes you seriously...

Now imagine trying to make the claim of the power and significance of this concept with in a game of madness....

More clarity.... more chaos to hide the truth in.

Let me get to the point...

Luna + Pugna are actually a perfect example of expressing the concept "Glass cannon synergistic focus fire harassment" on the battle field.

The interesting part is, in order to achieve this affect, you rush items that are either unorthodox or not recommended.

For Pugna, that is tranquility boots + phase boots (+ 16% over 395 base) = 458 or something ridiculous.

Pugna also has the greatest natural attack range in the game. He is, naturally, the fastest moving long distance attacker.

Luna, has the base speed of 330 and while her glaive attack puts her in a closer range, her main offensive concept is the harassing spams of lucent beam.

This is done through a soul ring.

Interestingly enough, luna's basic damage aura helps pugna be even more of a sick cannon harasser... while in return, pugna's decrepify does wonders for luna's lucent beam by enhancing magical damage by 40%.

If pugna gets his tranqs and phase in to Eul's and Dagon...

And if luna starts with a point in her damage aura + glaive bounce in to max lucent beam and soul ring...

It is gg... all she needs to do is also keep up on her movement speed and grab a veil of dischord, algeimz, as well as pugna.

All you have to do is apply the simple skill of being on the same page with your ally in who you are focus firing... if you can do that, then it's just simply op.

There isn't much any other mana oriented character who I would rather be then a pugna with decrep and dagon, because that amount of damage will be good even in to late game. Not everyone can simply farm and effectively use an ethereal blade.

If you run out of damage effectiveness with magic, you just become a distractor stunner reflecter apparently.

Anyways, I can't address any responses on this thread because it will come off as spam. All I can do is call things out as they are and leave it.

Good luck.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » July 6, 2013 7:03am | Report
Inb4 first response... and done.

There's no way to prove the above because it is obscurely hidden with in chaotic design and a concept known as "Kill Security"

Kill security that weakens and diminishes skill based play, usually being harassment. But the above is a revelation of harassment gone out of control.

"The obvious is that which is not seen until someone expresses it" - Kahlil Gibran

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » July 6, 2013 7:16am | Report
The lane combo is actually quite sane, while the item build is unorthodox. Do note that 2 Veil of Discords do not stack. Mixing in a Keeper of the Light for a mana refill can make this combo even more potent. This will negate the need for a Soul Ring on Luna, and he can also pull the lane to make up for Pugna's skill spam pushing the lane.

Don't regard this as spam, I'm trying to support your idea.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » July 6, 2013 7:19am | Report
If you really like really high movement speed perhaps try playing as Dark Seer

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » July 6, 2013 7:52am | Report
Sigh, another bait.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » July 6, 2013 7:58am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

The lane combo is actually quite sane, while the item build is unorthodox. Do note that 2 Veil of Discords do not stack.

I already knew that what I didn't make clear is that I was refering to algeimz scepter, not veil of dischord.

It's easy to go through people's points that they use loosely because the person wasn't trying to bring any significance to it.

Algeims scepter is what I was refering to because it was the last thing said, but the sad part is it had very little if anything to do with the over all point.

I simply disagree with Keeper Of the Light being as effective in any variations of the combos, strong, but not as powerful, potentially? maybe. doubts? high.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » July 6, 2013 8:14am | Report
First of all, Pugna doesn't have the highest base attack range in the game. (Highest attack ranges are WW with Arctic burn, Sniper with Take Aim, And Lina, Lina having the highest base range of 635 as a compensation to her attack animation)

Second of all, there are some factors in the game that MAY prove your theory wrong, such as even longer ranged harassment (I.E Arcane Bolt), Durable heroes, heroes that can snipe off Luna who has low health, ganks, defensive trilanes, offensive trilanes, Living Armor, and Thundergod's Wrath.

Anyway, Keeper of the Light is a correct call. Based on what you said, you might be thinking that we're replacing Pugna with Keeper of the Light but the possibility we're trying to state here is a trilane with the 3 heroes, bringing quite a lot of benefits like:
1) 3 ranged heroes, which means you can just harass aided by Luna's aura.
2) No need for a soul ring, because Chakra Magic gives the same effect with little to no cost.
3) More damage.
4) More lane control.
5) The benefit of the existence of an offlaner.
6) Optional early pushing strat with Illuminate and Nether Blast.

So I'm pretty sure KotL should be included there. I'm also trying to support your idea like Porygon. Sort of.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » July 6, 2013 8:33am | Report
Longest range + movement speed, pugna with 320 base. Harassment is a multi component concept.

You're probably getting at a concept of...

"Trifecta of Synergy" of Glass cannon focus fire harassment.

Which is where true power that negates virtually any skill what so ever lies.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » July 6, 2013 8:41am | Report
What?
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » July 6, 2013 8:48am | Report
Example of concept

http://www.diablowiki.net/Trifecta

Kyfoid

Notable (9)

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved