Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Luna + Dragon Knight Team Combo Strat Guide

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>
Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Luna + Dragon Knight Team Combo Strat Guide 64 posts - page 1 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » June 29, 2013 7:41am | Report
Not even going to go in to the theory and role reasoning for why, just going to write how it is done.

Starting Items

Dragon Knight: Ring of Regen, Ring of Protection. Save the remaining gold to get boots of speed at side shop for tranquility. Get a shield asap after this, or even before boots if your opportunity to side shop is too great.

Luna: Griffon Headdress, progress to phase or ring of Aquila, then soul ring(or soul ring before either).

Builds:

Dragon Knight: 1 in to dragon blood, 1 in to stun, rest in to dragon blood and stats until ultimate, finish with ultimate and stats then go back to stun to max and breathe of fire last.

Luna: 1 in to lunar blessing, 1 in to glaive, 1 in to lunar blessing, rest in to moon beam (maybe eclipse at level 6 but remember that it is based on your moon beam level so it is probably best to hold off until moon beam is maxed)

Concept: Use and abuse the effing hell out of your soul ring with moon beam because if you are out of mana a single soul ring use will give you a chance to cast moonbeam twice....

Moonbeam is so long distance and luna is so naturally fast that she ends up fulfilling the super glass cannon offensive role....

With griffon head dress at the start, it fortifies the dragon knight as an amazing shield in and of himself, especially with his stun.

With ring of aquila and griffon, luna is providing a total of 4 valuable auras, Raw damage, Life regen, Mana Regen, and Defense.

Luna rushes to veil of dischord if she is getting enough kills, and then through the combination of soul ring and veil, she can spam moonbeam along side her ultimate to just wreck the hell out of everything. Maybe even an ethereal blade + veil to make the damage disgusting on one hero... (She is agility after all)

Dragon knight will just most likely avoid getting pipe of insight or mechanism since luna will make one of those two eventually. Instead he can follow through on his shield in to vanguard, he can get black king bar for stun immunity, and abyssal blade for additional stun... He can get an area of effect item like radiance to go along with his area of effect attack... (Fire aura on a dragon? just cool)

Anyways, i'll leave this disgusting combo for the masses to own with... :D good luck.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » June 29, 2013 7:51am | Report
actually, I'm open to doing this with anyone right now if they want to.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » June 29, 2013 7:52am | Report
and how do you farm all this? It doenst scale once pipe and bkbs come into effect. Plus heros like rubick or viper with magic reisstance counter it.

Your build also makes it easy for them to get harassed out of lane and a good initiation blows up glass cannons like luna.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 29, 2013 7:55am | Report
I'll leave the criticism to the other member of Dotafire for now. Just 1 thing: A Soul Ring on Luna will only increase her risk of dying (since she has no escape other than her speed).

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » June 29, 2013 8:00am | Report
Ancient Hero wrote:

and how do you farm all this? It doenst scale once pipe and bkbs come into effect. Plus heros like rubick or viper with magic reisstance counter it.

Your build also makes it easy for them to get harassed out of lane and a good initiation blows up glass cannons like luna.

Pipe comes later, unless you want to sell griffon off lastly.

Bkb is on dragon knight, not luna.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » June 29, 2013 8:01am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

I'll leave the criticism to the other member of Dotafire for now. Just 1 thing: A Soul Ring on Luna will only increase her risk of dying (since she has no escape other than her speed).

Smart move to leave it to the community because you aren't sure of the decision to make, in other words, think for yourself.

Soul ring on luna is the best soul ring usage second to, perhaps, bane.

IF that....

It's common sense when you consider the distance of moonbeam, 2 moonbeam casts per use, and mini stun from the beam.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 29, 2013 8:03am | Report
Kyfoid wrote:

Smart move to leave it to the community because you aren't sure of the decision to make, in other words, think for yourself.

Soul ring on luna is the best soul ring usage second to, perhaps, bane.

IF that....

Wow... You are a complete and utter jerk. I never even said anything offensive in my post and you claim that I am not "sure of the decision to make". People live in different timezones, idiot, I gotta go to sleep. You can stay up all night trying your next-level strategy while I relax in my comfy bed, knowing that it will fail.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » June 29, 2013 8:10am | Report
Make sure you share with us your nightmares when you wake up.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » June 29, 2013 8:15am | Report
Let's start with the part that you lane 2 carries toge- oh wait. DK support by Kyfoid. Of course.

A few questions:
1) What the hell is a griffon headress?
2) Why would you build Luna concentrating on her 1st and last skill but get an early level of Moon Glaive?
3) How do you think Luna can survive multiple uses of Soul Ring?
4) Why do you think Luna will get Pipe or Mek?
5) Why do you think Soul Ring is that good on Luna?
6) Why do you think DK needs a Vanguard? What happened to the "defensive items that can have an offensive effect" approach?

Also, Ancient hero wanted to say that your Luna is completely nullified by BKBs and Pipes and that how will you farm all this with an early-game-only Luna that further risks her life early with Soul Ring.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » June 29, 2013 8:33am | Report
I have thorough answers for all except for griffon headdress lol... but I have learned quickly not to answer any questions on this forum.

The only way to know is to think and experiment for yourself.

But the direction of my approach is the best, there may be better variations if you can figure them out, however. But personally I have the utmost doubt.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>
Forum

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved