Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's figure out 6.84, shall we?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Let's figure out 6.84, shall we? 34 posts - page 4 of 4

Poll Question:

Who's the new broken hero?
Broodmama (Deso/Skadi Brood OP)
TONY (Direct and indirect buffs)
Lina (Right-click/shadowblade Lina, no Aghs)
Outweed Dankstoner
Lone druid (All Hail the King of Rats)
LESHREKT
Support Morphling (Nice Aghs Volvo)
Centaur (Nice Aghs Volvo)
Silencer (SLAHSER'S WAY)
Storm "********" Spirit (That's not a nerf that's useless eye candy)
Troll "balance" Warlord (That's not a nerf that's useless eye candy)
Slark (Did you just buff Slark? Volvo pls.)
Shadow Friend (Did you just buff SF? Volvo pls.)
Crystal maiden!
Other (specify and explain why)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 3, 2015 4:17pm | Report

Doom is useful if there's one hero you need to shut down.

Actually, two heroes. Refresher is core on him.

And no, Lina with octarine sounds really bad. She doesn't really need cooldown reduction or lifesteal. Octarine is an item for big ultimate heroes like Enigma or Tidehunter, so it decreases both their ult cooldown and their refresher cooldown.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » May 3, 2015 4:33pm | Report
I'm just wondering, what would Earth Spirit + OC be like?

Octarine Core is for spammable skills or really long CD skills.

Mystic Flare and Aghs >:D

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Karazar » May 3, 2015 4:34pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:
Assorted Necrolyte comments

I agree that putting a necro safelane is usually bad, but running him as a core (2 or maybe 3) with that build allows you to have your own safelane carry, then have necro remove the enemy carry from the game. It makes it very hard to lose the fight

Hamstertamer wrote:

Zeus...I'd much rather play against people who buy stuff like Octarine, Aghs and refresher on him and think he's a carry (lol) than people who play utility Zeus with arcanes/blink, veil, and a euls or sheep who are actually useful. Hero doesn't scale with items, he only needs levels...people have trouble understanding that it seems. Honestly the bad pub builds on Zeus are going to be even worse. It's not like lifesteal on Zeus does anything...because it really doesn't - if he gets focused he's dead anyways, he can't manfight or kite in any way. Besides who cares about his 6-slot inventory 55 minutes into the game with octarine, the hero drops off just as hard at that point anyways. Just buy mek/pipe and you're fine, both items got buffed. And Glimmer Cape. Him having such a high pub winrate is mainly due to people not buying the items that counter him, and if people don't buy the awesome new pipe against him...they deserve it :)

Another interesting thing in this patch : Kill gold got reduced by a lot, so solo killing is way less rewarding. On the other hand assist gold is way higher.

I agree on Aghs and Refresher, but Octarine is good because it means you cast spells (and proc static field) 33% more, the lifesteal is just a bonus. if that is not enough, it affects your items, too.

I think the kill gold change just evenly distributes the 100 gold among all there. Solo kills should remain exactly the same (well, 10% more because of the other patchnote)

and I second Octarine not being for Lina. She doesn't do magic dps or benefit hugely from the cooldowns. Maybe as a 6th item for other item cooldowns.

Disclaimer: I am not very good, so I could be horrifically wrong about any of these.
I'm bad. Very bad.
IGN: Puck

Karazar

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MaRSS » May 3, 2015 6:06pm | Report
I know that Troll Warlord is still a viable hero, yes I am one of those dirty TW pickers, but is there a reason why he's being almost completely ignored at the pro level? Also I don't think he is nearly as OP as people make him out to be simply because his early laning phase is atrocious now. He can easily be bullied and if he doesn't have a baby sitter until HoTD and Phase Boots can be bought he can easily get "rekt" by incoming ganks.

I like the counters but absolutely hate the nerf to Berserker's Rage melee damage bonus. There was no reason to take that out of the game.

MaRSS

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved